We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Earliest evidence for magic mushroom use in Europe Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 3/7/2011 10:09:06 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Check out this link from new scientist:
New Scientist wrote:
EUROPEANS may have used magic mushrooms to liven up religious rituals 6000 years ago. So suggests a cave mural in Spain, which may depict fungi with hallucinogenic properties - the oldest evidence of their use in Europe.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

FiorSirtheoir
#2 Posted : 3/7/2011 10:34:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should find this one interesting as well Traveler, Shamanism. Don't let the title fool you.

Graham Hancock also has some interesting talks on the ancient cave drawings as well, in relation to psychedelics, here.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 3/8/2011 12:39:30 AM

John Murdoch IV

Thanx for sharing
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 3/8/2011 3:38:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought this may be of interest to some of y'all...perhaps surprisingly there is very little hard anthropological evidence to support ancient mushroom use in Europe. And even the images depicted in this mural should be taken with a pinch of salt. But certainly they strongly hint at mushroom use, dating back 6,000 years.

http://www.newscientist....ss&nsref=online-news

jamie
#5 Posted : 3/8/2011 4:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^thats the same article trav linked to.
Long live the unwoke.

clouds
#6 Posted : 3/8/2011 5:29:41 PM

Human

Very interesting.

I had a History professor (anthropologist) that believes that the cave murals in Baja California Sur were inspired by psychedelic cacti shamanic sessions.

welsh trip head
#7 Posted : 3/8/2011 6:29:57 PM

martin

i agree they have been used for many thousands of years, i dont have the scientific proof, but they grow all around my home town in North Wales during the season, i just have the gut feeling that they have allways been used by people from the moment we where capable of picking them Smile
Happy days.....
True strength isn’t muscle, it's the mind it's limitless, it’s the heart it won't ever stop loving, it’s the spirit it can’t be crushed, it’s the soul it’s inextinguishable.

actualfactual
#8 Posted : 3/8/2011 6:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welsh trip head wrote:
i agree they have been used for many thousands of years, i dont have the scientific proof, but they grow all around my home town in North Wales during the season, i just have the gut feeling that they have allways been used by people from the moment we where capable of picking them Smile
Happy days.....

I'm sure McKenna would agree Pleased

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 3/8/2011 7:14:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes I mistakenly made a new thread stating exactly the same thing but Mr Traveler kindly merged them. Well while solid scientific proof may be lacking, I also get the strong feeling that human's have had a very long term association with the mushroom, it certainly feels that way when I'm in a mushroom trance.

welsh trip head - I was wondering if you have ever heard of a mead based liberty cap recipe? My mum heard about it when she was a student in Wales, it sounded ye olde.

camakazi
#10 Posted : 3/8/2011 7:30:29 PM

RUN DMT

It wouldn't surprize me if we'd been eating them since the day before the dawn of man, yonks ago.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

welsh trip head
#11 Posted : 3/8/2011 7:46:03 PM

martin

Bancopuma wrote:

welsh trip head - I was wondering if you have ever heard of a mead based liberty cap recipe? My mum heard about it when she was a student in Wales, it sounded ye olde.

hi, i cant say i have heard of it, when i first started using them 16 years ago, when i was 12 we used to walk through the fields singing to them, collecting them and sometimes we would eat them as we picked, hehe.
after a few years eating them raw, we started brewing them with just water. where keen on flash brewing them these days, just get boiling water and put them in for about 2-3 min, stir and fillter. people may say its a waste brew for such a short amount of time, but we felt by flash brewing the trip was less dirty feeling. cleaner journey. also adding sugar or honey makes the come up faster Smile

peace and light Smile
True strength isn’t muscle, it's the mind it's limitless, it’s the heart it won't ever stop loving, it’s the spirit it can’t be crushed, it’s the soul it’s inextinguishable.