We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Efficiency of IPA soaked caapi leafs for use with Caapi & alternatives. Options

Xt
#1 Posted : 3/6/2011 5:39:08 PM

So alot of folk have been using IPA soaks of caapi leaf, then using this to infuse herbs.
It has been mentioned that this is not particularly efficient.

Would an a/b on the leaf be better at getting a more effective extraction?

If so, what would folks recommend using in order to dissolve said harmalas for infusion post extraction.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/6/2011 6:35:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I took 75% iso and dissolved pure harmalas in it within 2 minutes completely. Problem solved. Add some water to your iso if your that worried people.
Long live the unwoke.

Xt
#3 Posted : 3/6/2011 6:44:16 PM

Freebase?
Justine tells me Ethanol works also.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Mydriasis
#4 Posted : 3/6/2011 6:55:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Grind leaves, do a few boils on them with an acid. Strain the material. Do a base addition, allow for precipitate to settle. Filter and redissolve into acidic water. If the water is still filthy use naptha to defat. Remove defat layer, basify and collect.

Is what I would try, although, I'm not sure of the concentrations of goodies in leaves, it might not even be worth it.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

MelCat
#5 Posted : 3/6/2011 6:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The last time I did an alcohol soak on caapi, I used methanol and did two, 1 month soaks.

I did an A/B on the plant matter afterwards and didn't get anything out.

I don't believe that one soak is enough to get all of the goodies, but 2 soaks seems to do the trick.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Xt
#6 Posted : 3/6/2011 7:41:05 PM

Mydriasis wrote:
Grind leaves, do a few boils on them with an acid. Strain the material. Do a base addition, allow for precipitate to settle. Filter and redissolve into acidic water. If the water is still filthy use naptha to defat. Remove defat layer, basify and collect.

Is what I would try, although, I'm not sure of the concentrations of goodies in leaves, it might not even be worth it.

I assume it is worth it as apparently folk have been doing IPA soaks on leaf with success. I know vine would be preferable to extract from.

― Terence McKenna