We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1st time ayahuasca question Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 9:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been readying myself for my first aya experience, but have some questions regarding dosage and types of material. I've been roaming message boards (including this one) and erowid but just get a lot of contradicting info. So I'd welcome some experienced advice.

I currently have 114 grams b. cap (trueno, black) vine, and 28 grams psychotria viridian.

First question: were I to combine both of these, how is this as a working ratio?

Second: many people advice beginning with the vine only. If I do that, where does 114 grams whole vine stand as a dose? I've also heard that the trueno vine can be very powerful.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Rooftop
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 10:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile Hi Quantagy!

Well, knowing quality of material varies widely, as well as effeciency of preparation and people's sensitiviy, to stay on the safe side, I would:

-prepare both seperately
-divide each in four
-take 1/4th of the vine every hour until I feel it's enough
-then if I still feel like taking the viridis, also 1/4 every hour

Of course, you might also be guided to drink more or less at once...

Some people have enough with 30g of each, some drink a LOT more...

Let us know how it goes!
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 3/6/2011 12:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Generaly speaking when using chacruna the vine to leaf ratio is 1/1. At least that is the traditional method of coarse you will customize ratios to meet desired needs as well as plant potency or lack of potency which is quite often the case with chacruna aka psychotria viridis.

Vine potency also can vary quite a bit. My preferred vine is either white or yellow but that's just because of availability so I don't have direct experience with black vine. As a rule of thumb with new plants i just assume they are very potent and side with caution.

I would definitely brew separate and split the caapi into 4 portions. Maybe consider trying caapi only by itself first. I did this when I was getting my feet wet and feel it was incredibly helpful. I have wrote a few threads in the aya sub forum advocating becoming acquainted with caapi only before you start adding the dmt if you care to research that a bit more.

Keep in mind 28g chacruna isn't very much at all so research up on dosing and decide for yourself where you want to start. I have drank 50g chacruna and felt absolutely nothing. it can be a tricky plant, thats why I go right to the source and use extracted dmt as my admixture now. No more guessing games just weigh out my dmt and presto!
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

quantagy
#4 Posted : 3/6/2011 1:40:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! These are helpful thoughts! I just ordered some yellow vine, and think that would be a smarter first step. The black will rest in a sacred space and in time I'm sure will avail itself to an opportunity!

quantagy
#5 Posted : 3/6/2011 1:41:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! These are helpful thoughts! I just ordered some yellow vine, and think that would be a smarter first step. The black will rest in a sacred space and in time I'm sure will avail itself to an opportunity!