We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
50+ people for one ayahuascero...? Options

Rooftop
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 8:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been offered the opportunity to attend an Ayahuasca ceremony in Europe. The organiser told me we would be at least 50 people for 1 ayahuascero ( a spanish named José ) with a couple volunteers "assisting" him. The price is 60 euros for one night.

I'm wondering if this isn't too many people for this one person to "manage" correctly? I heard the last ceremony was with 70 persons and that it went fine, but I still wonder...?

I am quite tempted but a part of me is cautious about being in the midst of so many different energies, especially since we will be indoors.

What do you think?
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Garfield
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 9:25:36 PM
Sascha

Dear Rooftop,

I participated in more than 20 Aya ceremonies all over europe.
One of these was in the Netherlands with ~60 participants, it was a nice experience and I didn´t had the slightest impression that the ayahuascero (a native peruvian shaman) was not in control of the group energy.

If you are expecting a personal healing session during the journey you´re probably at the wrong place, if you are looking for the experience of a nice Aya ceremony you´re probably at the right place. I used "probably" because I don´t know this Ayahuascero so it´s a bit hard to predict.

Personally I prefer more intimate groups, where I know at least some of the fellow travelers, that makes me feel more integrated in the group energy.
I can be very sensitive to other persons energy, but fortunately have some strong shields if necessary.Very happy
If you recognize your self as having weak shields, I would suggest to think at least twice and/or to ask for guidance.

Hope this helps.

Garfield
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 3/6/2011 12:12:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

I have always only drank alone in my refuge so i cant fully answer your question. I haven't had the opportunity to do a formal ceremony but will in fall when im down south.
For me what concerns i would have is more about the size of the group and being indoors were ventilation may be suffocated depending on room size and resources, and less about only having 1 ayahuasquaro to manage the group. I dont see much problem with only one ayahuasquero as im sure they will have multiple helping facilitators to tend to participants. at least i would certainly expect there to be with a group that size. Maybe look into that.

Personally the described setting doesn't very much call to me. I am a solo journeying type but lately ive been feeling the desire to have others around me especially when drinking ayahuasca. ive had my share of uncomfortable ones and its no fun being alone for the difficult hours but that many strangers might be hard to deal with for me.

Look into your heart and do what calls to you. There is no right or wrong ways to exploring this consciousness its all very personal. I am a big believer in "you get what you needed" when it comes to psychedelics. Its not always what you wanted but it increases your expansion none the less. In fact i think the hard ones promote more growth.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Rooftop
#4 Posted : 3/6/2011 9:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both very much for your insights!

Quote:
One of these was in the Netherlands with ~60 participants, it was a nice experienceand I didn´t had the slightest impression that the ayahuascero (a native peruvian shaman) was not in control of the group energy.

Glad to hear that ceremonies with so many people and one ayahuascero happen and go well!

Quote:
I can be very sensitive to other persons energy, but fortunately have some strong shields if necessary

Same here!

Quote:
For me what concerns i would have is more about the size of the group and being indoors were ventilation may be suffocated depending on room size and resources, and less about only having 1 ayahuasquaro to manage the group. I dont see much problem with only one ayahuasquero as im sure they will have multiple helping facilitators to tend to participants. at least i would certainly expect there to be with a group that size. Maybe look into that.

Yes, being sensitive to stuffy air, I'll try to sit next to a window. And yes, there will be some facilitators. I was mostly worrying about the ayahuascero being available for those who need it when going deep, as I intend to go. I drank in Peru a few times with 3 more persons, and some were really relieved when the shaman took personal care of them during the harsh moments. Incredible, the power of icaros!

Quote:
Look into your heart and do what calls to you

I think I'll go, especially after reading Globalswg's recent experience

I'll let you know how it goes!
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!