We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Suggestion for vaporization--thoughts from the nursery? Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 6:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hey guys, before going out and laying down a good sum on a smoking device, give this a try: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Inspirator_mkII

The supplies are super cheap, and ceramic fiber isn't wholly necessary though preferable. It can be used with any bubbler, but with a longer dropper stem, should work on its own (more testing needed for that one). The screens and stems can be purchased online in large amounts for cheap; even the fiber can be found in small amounts though usually a bit more of an investment. The idea of the piece is that it works in much the same manner as the VG and the Key--perhaps a hybrid in a sense. While whether it works better or not quite so great as a GVG is certainly up for debate, the device is made specifically for freebase vaporization (unlike the VG which is made for herbal blends) and simply works well.

SWIM spent a great deal of his years with "the machine," and certainly this works far more efficiently than the machine ever did. He's been practicing single tokes of full 30-40mg doses (plenty sufficient for breakthroughs in this case) with the Inspirator for a good while now, and is stepping up the dose a bit to see where single tokes of 40-60mg take him... very interesting thus-far. He whole-heartedly believes that the heating and airflow dynamics of this device make it possible to up the dose for single tokes fairly significantly, though it may demand a bit more lung capacity than most could muster without practice.

The heating is fairly simple: As per usual, use a butane torch. It doesn't take too aggressive of heating; however, if one wants to get the single toke doses, time is of the essence, so one would need to be a bit more bold. Remember, the heat is being drawn off of the heating element (the cork-like folded screens) rather than directly from the flame, so there's no need to touch the flame to the piece but merely point it at the element until it glows and vapor is visibly emitted. The best way to judge the quality of technique is to carb rapidly every time the bubbler chamber is filled until no more is produced. The other thing to remember is to never heat beyond lung capacity.

It'd be nice to see some reviews from those who actually use a GVG, because SWIM's found his niche and is unlikely to drop the cash on one, himself.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Thebatman
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 9:17:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't quite I understand the concept, so is it like, you pit the spice between the 2 elements in the tube?

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 3/5/2011 10:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thebatman wrote:
I don't quite I understand the concept, so is it like, you pit the spice between the 2 elements in the tube?

There will be a photo for how to load it at some point. The plug about halfway down the stem forms the bottom of the bowl, and the spice is to be loaded from the open-end all the way down to the plug and melted into it by feathering with a torch. The heat element is then be placed snugly into the open-end like a cork, and then its ready to go.

It's quite likely that this same setup could be accomplished with scrubpad, as well, but screens are a bit easier to work with in terms of guaranteeing adequate air-passage.

Saltydawg
#4 Posted : 3/6/2011 4:24:52 AM

pppfff

im assuming the rubber gasket is so you dont burn your fingers? SWIM is going to try to do this with tape instead. He's really happy you put this up! He was just thinking about how expensive the gvs are
I am a saltydawg using my master's computer posting fictional posts for another saltydawg that lives in a different country.

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 3/6/2011 4:55:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saltydawg wrote:
im assuming the rubber gasket is so you dont burn your fingers? SWIM is going to try to do this with tape instead. He's really happy you put this up! He was just thinking about how expensive the gvs are

Well, SWIM wouldn't recommend that, really. The piece doesn't get incredibly hot when used correctly, but it does certainly warm up. Tape would likely get a bit sticky and may not insulate enough. The gasket is dual-purpose, providing a seal for the bubbler as well as a place to hold onto. Those gaskets are incredibly easy to come by; just look in the plumbing section of your local hardware store or super-center. There are at least a few different types that will fit perfectly. Otherwise, rolled up latex tubing also works--similarly to what's pictured in the old model's tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Inspirator

Ljosalfar
#6 Posted : 3/6/2011 5:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where can SWIM acquire the ceramic fiber?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 3/6/2011 7:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member