We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alcohol and set, setting Options

hexan
#1 Posted : 3/5/2011 1:27:09 AM

The Great Gatsby

Evening Nexians,

I'm almost there. Just about to start my first extract after some hitches getting hold of MHRB.

Very excited and still slightly nervous, in a healthy way I think.

Can i have a few drinks in the build up to teleportaion? Is it dangerous or profoundly inadvisable? Can I drink after?

Also, if I take a weak dose and fail to make orbit how long before I should try again?

: )

Good evening

H

Hexan is a fictional character.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

universecannon
#2 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:01:26 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i would really recommend getting a feel for the experience while sober first, before you go mixing it with alcohol

Its not physically dangerous to drink before or after, as far as i know...but the vast majority of people realllly dislike combining alcohol with dmt. It can be quite unpleasant..and it can damper the affects of dmt it seems. A lot of people say it felt as if hyperspace was 'offended', when trying to describe their experience.

Although, i've heard a very few say a really low dose of alcohol works good to calm the nerves.. but personally i'd rather just take a low dose of dmt or some harmalas prior to the big blastoff, if calming the nerves is what i need. i hate alcohol

"Also, if I take a weak dose and fail to make orbit how long before I should try again?"

.01 seconds

theres no tolerance

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

PureMan
#3 Posted : 3/5/2011 4:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally don't see any harm in having a few drinks first to calm your nerves.. As long as you aren't drunk. Take a few shots with a positive affirmation.

The key to a good spice voyage is having a positive mentality. You need to be able to surrender.

hexan
#4 Posted : 3/5/2011 12:00:55 PM

The Great Gatsby

Cloud wrote:
I personally don't see any harm in having a few drinks first to calm your nerves.. As long as you aren't drunk. Take a few shots with a positive affirmation.

The key to a good spice voyage is having a positive mentality. You need to be able to surrender.

Good call, I'm talking about a big glass of wine or a hearty spirit. Nothing like drunk.
As you say the positive programming has already started for the event : )

hexan
#5 Posted : 3/5/2011 12:01:45 PM

The Great Gatsby

universecannon wrote:
i would really recommend getting a feel for the experience while sober first, before you go mixing it with alcohol

Its not physically dangerous to drink before or after, as far as i know...but the vast majority of people realllly dislike combining alcohol with dmt. It can be quite unpleasant..and it can damper the affects of dmt it seems. A lot of people say it felt as if hyperspace was 'offended', when trying to describe their experience.

Although, i've heard a very few say a really low dose of alcohol works good to calm the nerves.. but personally i'd rather just take a low dose of dmt or some harmalas prior to the big blastoff, if calming the nerves is what i need. i hate alcohol

"Also, if I take a weak dose and fail to make orbit how long before I should try again?"

.01 seconds

theres no tolerance

I didnt realise there was no tolerance!

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 3/5/2011 12:53:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, there is a tolerance, building up after around 30-40 minutes. Some say, this tolerance only lasts an hour. I have not tested that. Most of the time, the second launch is the most intense. The third is a waste of spice most of the time..for me.

I would not drink alcohol beforehand. Going in with fear is a valuable experience itself. It also shows comittment to the experience. But you do what you gotta do. Physically dangerous its only if you are really drunk and puke while being too far out to even recognize your body.

Sitting still for at least 20 minutes beforehand, thinking of nothing can help to calm you just as good.

Seraph
#7 Posted : 3/5/2011 1:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, don't use ANY alcohol or ANY OTHER DRUGS if this is your first time using DMT. It doesn't make sense to taint the experience because it would be a lot better to have a pure DMT trip as your first experience rather than an alcohol and DMT combo. If you do DMT on its own you will know that all the effects are from DMT and you won't have to think 'Hmm, maybe I felt like that from the alcohol?'

tetra
#8 Posted : 3/5/2011 1:30:38 PM

BaconBerry

After working with the spice you may find, as I did, the utter pointlessness of drinking. But then, I did not have a healthy relationship with the bottle. DMT, mainly in pharma form with freebase booster shots, offered me a much better way of living, and alcohol plays no part in it--for me (I have not even had the slightest desire for even a beer after my first trip). Best way to calm the nerves and easy your way into the sacred space (I refrain from calling it "hyperspace" the same way I avoid terms like "breakthrough"--as, again on the spice, I learned the irrelevance of those labels), is a few shots of caapi tea. Or, if no caapi or other such MAOI is handy, a bowl of weed is better then alcohol, and better for you as well.

After your first few sessions with the spice, if you are not scared away the first time, you may find that there is nothing to be afraid of, that DMT, in all its glorious forms, is pure magic and there is great wonder to be found.

(And to be clear, I am not judging anyone for drinking, merely reflecting my own past abuse of alcohol and the power of DMT to completely change my habits.)
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Xt
#9 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:49:12 PM

Its important not to cultivate fear within the bosom of respect.
Try and remain light hearted and positive. A light drink shouldn't hurt, but i would stay below the level of tipsy for sure.

In years gone by i have taken hit after hit of DMT back to Back with no noticeable tolerance. But your mileage may vary.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

hexan
#10 Posted : 3/5/2011 4:19:27 PM

The Great Gatsby

[quote=xtechre]Its important not to cultivate fear within the bosom of respect.

: )

well put.