We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cleaning jurema (MHRB). saponins? Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 8/17/2008 6:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so here´s the deal..

SWIM has a nice amount of mimosa, and was thinking of experimenting with different ways of cleaning/brewing it.. SWIM has heard of the egg tek, which he will try.. SWIM will also make a straight brew, and maybe a cold infusion to test without MAOI..

the thing is, SWIM was talking to some people, who mentioned that besides the tannins that are removed by the egg tek, also what causes nausea is the saponins (is that the word in english?), or soap-like substances. So this specific person said that to clean jurema, one can put it in the blender (I think it was with some water, the person just went offline, will ask again later) and mix it.. Then, some emulsion style foam will form on the top, which is supposedly this ´useless´ saponins, and they are simply removed and discarded..

did anybody ever hear that? does it make sense? would goodies be removed?

I was thinking if this is an effective way to clean it, it could be useful for people wanting to drink some cold infusion no-maoi mimosa brew, since one could clean it without heat (which cannot be done with egg tek for example)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 8/17/2008 8:05:43 PM

The Great Namah

I have not heard of this method.

We I did my first extraction I mixed it in a blender with water. Almost the whole thing turned into a frothy mess that took hours to settle down even with heat.

You would most likely be removing a lot of actives by removing this froth, but I cannot say for sure. If you have enough mimosa you can test this on individual dose batches.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

extrememetal43
#3 Posted : 8/21/2008 3:24:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

decanting does a lot with mimosa...filters cant do what time and refrigeration can settle to the bottom.

burnt
#4 Posted : 8/21/2008 12:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

the saponins in mimosa are useful for skin conditions and burns. not useless at all but yea thats kind of unrelated topic.