We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Thumb printing LSD Options

Bancopuma
#21 Posted : 3/8/2011 2:34:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure on the thumb prints; I mean yeah I've heard of it before but kind of considered it a psychedelic urban legend. Do people not suck their thumbs after doing the print? On the Hofmann tangent, do you think it is possible he could have inhaled a tiny dose during synthesis? This would be a much more active way of ingesting it; I believe the CIA may have experimented with LSD in an aerosol form in the past. Also, Hofmann's first experience lasted 3 hours...who's ever heard of a 3 hour acid experience?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Thebatman
#22 Posted : 3/8/2011 3:06:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I'm not sure on the thumb prints; I mean yeah I've heard of it before but kind of considered it a psychedelic urban legend. Do people not suck their thumbs after doing the print? On the Hofmann tangent, do you think it is possible he could have inhaled a tiny dose during synthesis? This would be a much more active way of ingesting it; I believe the CIA may have experimented with LSD in an aerosol form in the past. Also, Hofmann's first experience lasted 3 hours...who's ever heard of a 3 hour acid experience?

Aerosol? LSD? *draws mental connections*......LSD carpet bomb!!!

Global
#23 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Bancopuma wrote:

I don't think Hofmann or the majority of people who do thumb prints lick their thumbs. It is transdermally active. Being that it was his first trip and being that effects are very subjective it's possible that perhaps he didn't include coming up and coming down (with possibly weak effects during these periods) in the duration of the trip. Also, many of these psychoactives do not fit so nicely into the "expected" times that erowid or others will try to impose on them. There are always some who will trip longer, some who will trip shorter, and many who will be highly variable.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

joedirt
#24 Posted : 5/18/2011 11:37:13 PM

Not I

Bancopuma wrote:

3 hours no. I once had a 4 hours trip on 16 hits though. Tripped harder than imaginable and then the come down took about 20 minutes just as everyone else was peaking.

Brain chemistry is a very funny thing and so is LSD.

Just my worthless 2 cents. BTW I haven't heard of this happening to anyone other than myself...and it was GREAT acid....

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Korey
#25 Posted : 5/20/2011 7:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumb prints are real, and the practice is extremely rare these days. I know of one person who has truly done a thumb print, around five milligrams,(He had a vial with LSD crystal in it and just overturned it once over his thumb, which was common in years past) and his experience lasted around twenty four hours with an afterglow that lasted a few days. He told me the intensity of the experience was no different than a one milligram trip. I've done upwards of two milligrams before, and find no difference in intensity compared to one milligram. The only difference was the duration of the experience. I'm very skeptical of chinacat, and he spreads loads of misinformation about LSD doses, and thumb printing.
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

Shaolin
#26 Posted : 5/21/2011 10:04:05 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Korey wrote:
I'm very skeptical of chinacat, and he spreads loads of misinformation about LSD doses, and thumb printing.

Care to expand a bit on that ?

What was the duriation difference between your miligram and two miligrams LSD trip ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 5/21/2011 3:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some info that may be of interest here...

"The Thumbprint"

“Eating LSD crystal intense,magical,crazy and the ULTIMATE ACT OF SUBMISSION TO THE PSYCHEDELIC STATE.”

My information is on how the Dead/rainbow/origanal family handle LSD.

When LSD crystal is bought it comes in little glass viles. It's a dense crystal and a gram of it looks alot smaller than a gram of coke or flour(or other powder). Ten grams can fit in a vile small enough to hold in your hand and clentch your fist and conceal.

Anyway as I said in my other thread [http://forums.mycotopia.net/misc-ent...otter-lsd.html (Crystal to blotter [lsd]) when you first buy crystal from the family their's 2 requirement's. 1. You have to be taught how to lay it properly and be trusted to do so on your own. 2. You have to do a thumbprint. The family believes LSD crystal should only be handled by those with the proper energy or karma to do so. There's no better way to test somebodys faith of LSD than give them a thumbprint.

Originaly thumprints were given by taking the glass vile and puting your thumb over the top of the vile and turning it and fliping it upside down real quick. This put a coating of crystal on your thumb which was pessed into the palm of the person ,leaving your crystal imbedded thumbrint in there palm(hence the term thumprint) where it would absorb(or they might lick it off.). This was your certification

Nowadays thumbprints are eaten. Any time someone eats crystal it's refered to as a print. This way was adopted because it's more efficiant.

As for the experiance itself. All reviever's are experianced with LSD(at least they think so until there printed ) You feel it almost instantly. LSD crystal has an energy to it. Having a jar of it my pocket is enough to alter my conciousness. As soon as it touches your skin or goes in your mouth you can feel it. Alot of folks will throw up within minutes. This is an exorcism of sorts. Like all the negative energy being cast out of your body. Then you lay down and learn. As for the experiance I just couldn't do it justice to describe it. Your never the same again.

A thumprint doesn't open the door of perception it blows it off the hinges.

http://forums.mycotopia....632-thumbprint-lsd.html

GratefulDad
#28 Posted : 7/4/2011 6:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

People do thumbprints and often maybe just a pinky print, but regardless, those doses are much more powerful, extended in duration, and can be very mentally and physically taxing. It kind of blows one right past the stage where all the subconscious issues are brought up. Rather it can often put you into a state of bliss or total confusion and/or even cause blacking out. People will often be locked inside their heads tripping with no idea of their surroundings, so it can be dangerous if not in the proper company with the right kind of sitters. They may remember some of it, or some part of the hallucinations, or they may not remember any of it with such extreme doses. It isn't a myth, but is often only done among those who have constant contact with it, and they have a tolerance and a lot more experience in these deep states.

As for absorbing through the skin, it will, but it helps if it's dissolved in a solvent, and it takes a much longer time to actually get enough in to cause a full blown trip. Laying a gram of LSD with bare hands while dipping sheets will definitely cause a pretty good trip, but it's definitely not like eating a sheet or anything. Some may compare it to a ten or twenty average hits, if that.

Hofmann got a little on his skin and experienced a minor head change, then returned the next day to ingest, orally, 250 mcg, or a quarter milligram. That is when he had his famed bike ride.

I do not advocate these large doses, but they really can be like chinacat described, they just definitely are not for everyone or even the average drug user.

Baffald
#29 Posted : 7/29/2011 9:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can verify the family process... stated above.... In talking to one that has done the print, swim said it slowed everything down to the point where he could pretty much tell what people were going to say before they said it. He also became extremely paranoid about what he thought those people around him were thinking. Also said it lasted over 24 hours. This was a karma check by family...

eindreizig
#30 Posted : 10/30/2011 8:35:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thumb prints do happen, but I don't know about licking the finger or it being transdermally active. I know some pretty well connected people in 'the scene' and one friend was telling me about his former roommate that was doing bits of crystal L at a time while under some psychological stress. Needless to say, this made it worse. He told me about being awakened in the middle of the night to yelling, noise, his roommate writing gibberish on the frame of the door in black ink about his daughter and what not. Just general craziness. I know a guy in his 40s that told me about the time he did a hit of liquid that was straight off a giant shard of crystal. The water was dripped of the crystal from a vial into his mouth at a Dead show in the 80s. He had a crazy story about it. He has a look in his eyes that has always made me wonder if it was there before or after he did that.

All in all its just stupid. Or fun. Or if it was in conjuction with some hippy ritual, symbolically powerful.

PREV12