We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Thumb printing LSD Options

Thebatman
#1 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:16:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard vague rumors of thumb printing being done rarely, but only rarely because it requires a ton on LSD. But the basic idea is to have mg's of crystalline LSD, and then you apply it to your thumb, where it is absorbed throughout the skin, and you go on the trip of a life time. I'm just wondering if anyone have any experience/knowledge/insight into this practice. Thank you.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:46:15 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

i have not done it myself but have heard of it, i know when most people do a thumb print they trip for a while like a week maybe more depending on how much you got.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 3/4/2011 10:18:08 AM

Stiletto Stoner

There is an in-depth thread at Shroomery.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Madcap
#4 Posted : 3/4/2011 3:36:26 PM

illudium Q-36

sounds like a time-warp to the hospital.

Not that it'd hurt you. But, from what large doses I've taken (no thumbprints) and seen people take(no thumbprints)... there seems to be a point where you just sort of black out.

sometimes you roll on the floor for hours, other times you run amuck. Other times, you lose your mind and scream about an impending doom of one sort or another.

be careful...
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:04:52 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

you dont wanna be that person running down the street naked.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

benzyme
#6 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:14:33 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

just a stupid ritual, shrouded in myth.
yea, there are some bedtime stories about it at the shroomery
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#7 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so you are saying thumbprints dont exist, benzyme?

regardless of giving value-judgements on this, all I ask here is if anybody is planning to take very high doses of lsd (or other psychedelics), please have at least one caring sitter present that would make sure you are safe and that could physically restrain you if necessary

benzyme
#8 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:31:24 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i'm not saying they don't exist, i'm just saying they're not necessarily going to take you to "the other side". large doses just tend to extend the experience. because of this, it would be a good idea to have someone looking after you, as delerium may set in after a while

but tbh, it's a waste of L; but if you want something on par with DOM in terms of duration, a print will do it.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

BecometheOther
#9 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:33:15 PM

metamorhpasizer

of course benzyme is the expert on this matter, having ingested prints and all Pleased
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Phantastica
#10 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont recall where i read this, but i read that lsd is not absorbed via the skin. Hoffman is said to have tripped for the 1st time from touching L accidentally, but i read that this is not possible, and thus Hoffman must've touched his acid fingers to his mouth. so i think ppl doing Thumbrints lick their thumbs...but i have no direct experience with this, so can someone tell me if L is active intradermally or not?
<3

Thebatman
#11 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:55:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh I DEFINITELY do not plan on doing this. I just figured id tickle with the idea, just to see whats known about it.

benzyme
#12 Posted : 3/5/2011 12:00:30 AM

analytical chemist

Harmalosa wrote:
of course benzyme is the expert on this matter, having ingested prints and all Pleased

u know it

~_~

Thebatman
#13 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:35:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Fedex Kinkos-where benzyme gets his blotter prints done!Laughing

joedirt
#14 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:56:25 AM

Not I

benzyme wrote:
i'm not saying they don't exist, i'm just saying they're not necessarily going to take you to "the other side". large doses just tend to extend the experience. because of this, it would be a good idea to have someone looking after you, as delerium may set in after a while

but tbh, it's a waste of L; but if you want something on par with DOM in terms of duration, a print will do it.

There is a lot of truth to this. Large doses can have some strange effects.

I've had a couple of interesting experiences on large doses of LSD. I remember taking 16 hits (yes I was young and dumb) of some phenomenal acid. I felt the first effects about 15 minutes into the trip. I then proceeded to build up to an extremely intense peak and then At 4 hours I was DEAD SOBER. Everyone around me was just peaking on 1-2 hits of the same tabs...and no I didn't have a tolerance built up at the time.

On another occasion I took 10 hits and tripped for close to 24 hours...and by the end of it delirium was definitely setting in.

Back in those day's it wasn't about personal exploration. It was just another drug to do and we were usually shit faced drunk and smoking tons of weed.

BTW I only use these stories as an example and I sure don't recommend people do this...there really is no need. A couple of hits with the right set and setting is all anyone should ever need.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

joedirt
#15 Posted : 3/5/2011 3:00:47 AM

Not I

Phantastica wrote:
i dont recall where i read this, but i read that lsd is not absorbed via the skin. Hoffman is said to have tripped for the 1st time from touching L accidentally, but i read that this is not possible, and thus Hoffman must've touched his acid fingers to his mouth. so i think ppl doing Thumbrints lick their thumbs...but i have no direct experience with this, so can someone tell me if L is active intradermally or not?

Here's an erowid Q&A on it.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2838

However if you are working in a lab around solvents such as DMSO like Hoffman anything is possible....

And let's be real a thumb print would be a HUGE dose. This can't be compared to touching a tab. There would certainly be enough to cross the skin into the blood stream. most of the stories I've heard were not all blissful and rosey
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Ellis D'Empty
#16 Posted : 3/7/2011 7:45:04 AM

Snirfneblin

Thumb prints are possible, they are done after dipping the blotter sheets in the LSD and when theres not enough left to dip, they make the rest into "washouts" or do thumb print.

But don't take it from me, I've not a clue.
01:13:08 โ€นEllis DEmptyโ€บ I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Phantastica
#17 Posted : 3/7/2011 7:55:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
Phantastica wrote:

However if you are working in a lab around solvents such as DMSO like Hoffman anything is possible....

And let's be real a thumb print would be a HUGE dose. This can't be compared to touching a tab. There would certainly be enough to cross the skin into the blood stream. most of the stories I've heard were not all blissful and rosey

ok i see. thanks for that link joedirt; makes senseSmile
<3

Not Sure
#18 Posted : 3/7/2011 4:52:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumb print doses seem to be something that was thought up while high and then the myth grew into the monster of a lie it is today.......j/k I have no idea.
โ€œPsychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existedโ€

justine
#19 Posted : 3/7/2011 5:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Binding affinities of LSD for various receptors. The lower the dissociation constant (Ki), the more strongly LSD binds to that receptor (i.e. with higher affinity). The horizontal line represents an approximate value for human plasma concentrations of LSD, and hence, receptor affinities that are above the line are unlikely to be involved in LSD's effect. Data averaged from data from the Ki Database

Considering that LSD has a low affinity with quite a few receptors maybe a very large dose could elicit a completely different
experience than a normal dose, for instance maybe the activation of these receptors with low-affinity to lsd could avoid
blacking out.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

rOm
#20 Posted : 3/7/2011 7:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phantastica wrote:
joedirt wrote:
Phantastica wrote:

ok i see. thanks for that link joedirt; makes senseSmile

LSd is active sublingually like loads of other tryptamine and compounds.
touching a friend tripping on lsd and getting his sweat on your fingers wouldn't make you trip.
I don't think DMSO was needed for hoffman to get high, just a macrodose transdermally.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

12NEXT