We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
BBC Radio 4: In Our Time - What would you like them to discuss? Options

Entheojen
#1 Posted : 3/3/2011 10:56:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BBC Radio 4 hosts a programme called In Our Time. It is a brilliant production that invites experts in various fields to discuss the topic of the day ranging from science, religion, art, culture, current affairs, the economy etc. It is coming up to the 500th episode and they mentioned today that they are inviting suggestions for subjects which the listeners would like to be discussed.

So... given the clout of Radio 4, they can just about get anybody on their programmes and it just seems it would be great to have a discussion in the mainstream media about the responsible use of psychedelic drugs. Something to try and remove the stigma attached to responsible drug users.

A previous episode already covered Drugs but I haven't listened to this one yet.

What do you guys think about this? Could it do more harm than good to discuss and bring light on psychedelics on mainstream radio?
Do you have any suggestions or particular areas/topics you would like to put forward to the programme?
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Apoc
#2 Posted : 3/3/2011 11:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It wouldn't do harm as long as the speaker knows what they're talking about, and is eloquent. Someone from one of the Peyote or Ayahuasca churches would spread the idea that psychedelics are in fact used in religions in modern cultures. But I think those churches want any publicity. The key would be to find someone who knows what they're talking about and won't say too many inflammatory comments.

EquaL Observer
#3 Posted : 3/3/2011 11:12:49 PM

Ross

It is a shame that people will not listen to just anyone with good things to say. It seems as if it should no longer matter which character words come from anymore, everything is too fast for formalities - youtube videos teach the world now, not classrooms or radio 4.

I think as soon as the legitimacy of the use of these things gets out, it will get out big and fast. Peoples faces are growing more tired with the modern world every day as if they unconsciously yearn for true-life.

It's also a shame that us psychedelic people are usually quite reserved and non-invasive. Looking out the window, it seems that the only ideals that conquer minds are those spread by patriarchal media and economy-worshippers. But I think when the truth is said it will be known.

I'd probably jump with excitement if I heard someone even mention something like 'entheogen' on the radio Razz
Your depth is your integrity