We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Pic] STB Extraction Increasingly Darker Pull Colors Options

bystarlight
#1 Posted : 3/2/2011 9:08:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After a couple years of hoping the drug would find me, well, it finally has. I finally decided to go through with my own extraction. The first pull was a brilliant white:

Then, each subsequent pull became increasingly darker than the last:

If you notice, each pull I tried to keep separated in my DMT extraction jar. I made the mistake of burying my first brilliant white pull beneath the second white-yellow pull, but other than that, I've tried to keep them all quasi-separated. Anyways, my question is, is this normal, and if so, should I just keep doing pulls until I there is no more return? And if it is normal, is smoking the darker stuff going to kill me? ( joking )

Thanks guys.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 3/2/2011 9:24:19 PM

Not I

bystarlight wrote:

If you notice, each pull I tried to keep separated in my DMT extraction jar. I made the mistake of burying my first brilliant white pull beneath the second white-yellow pull, but other than that, I've tried to keep them all quasi-separated. Anyways, my question is, is this normal, and if so, should I just keep doing pulls until I there is no more return? And if it is normal, is smoking the darker stuff going to kill me? ( joking )

Thanks guys.

Keep doing your pulls until you don't get anymore out. The freeze precipitate for a more pure substance.

No it probably won't kill you, but recrystalization is the easiest part of the whole extraction process and there really isn't any reason to not do it IMHO.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

MelCat
#3 Posted : 3/3/2011 12:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that darker stuff isn't going to hurt you.

That's a pretty common thing from what I can gather. It's like the longer the soup sits, the more fats, oils and jungle it breaks down.

I'd do two separate re-x's in heptane. The first with the purer pile and the 2nd with the darker stuff. Good call on keeping them separate as much as possible. When you re-x the darker stuff, you will get a layer of dark goo on the bottom and should have pure crystals growing on top of that if you don't decant the solution. (I rarely do)

Looks like you're doing good though man, congrats! And Welcome to the Nexus!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

bystarlight
#4 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:14:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys!

If I understand recrystallization correctly, the benefit is purity, which in turn provides a better quality smoke. If I don't recrystallize, I won't necessarily lose anything, I'll just have a harsher smoke? In which case, it's at least worth attempting on the darker stuff?

Maybe I'll try that first. If it works out on the darker stuff, then maybe I'll try it on the first couple pulls. I just don't want to lose anything - if you know what I mean Smile

WillIdreamDuringTheProcess?
#5 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:24:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea it only takes less than 1% impurity to cause a significant change in color on your spice bro, i got that all the time when doing STB. Just re-x if you're worried, you might be stuck with the color still tho, i've had times when a re-x even made the color more pronounced.

When doing you're first re-x you're bound to lose some spice, it's kinda tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it and it will be totally worth it!
Tell me a story.

MelCat
#6 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:36:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While some do it for purity, I mainly do it for aesthetics. When you re-x with hot heptane, the end result is usually something quite beautiful.

Basically what will happen when you re-x each of your piles is...

You heat up the bestine and add your spice. Once it's fully dissolved, any oils, oxides or "impurities" will form a layer of goo on the bottom of the glass. You then decant the solvent off, leave the goo and let the goo evap. That goo will form a nice little chunk of pretty potent goodness when it's dry. Place the decanted solvent in another container and cover it with saran wrap and poke some holes in it so it evaps real slow. You should have some beautiful formations in a couple of days.

I'd definitely do it on the darker stuff... If you were to do it on the prettier stuff, you'd definitely end up with some gorgeous spice.

Any losses would be minimal and you'd have two different types of dmt. Uber pure and the jungly goodness.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Madcap
#7 Posted : 3/3/2011 2:49:59 AM

illudium Q-36

smoke some of each ....

what better excuse to go balls out for a night. (which is probably inevitable anyway since you (like most of us) have been wanting this for a while now.

do it up... write us a note.

:idea:
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

bystarlight
#8 Posted : 3/3/2011 3:14:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I swear, DMT & Shroom forums are home to the finest, brightest, most friendly people on the planet ( internet ).

Thanks a lot guys. I'll probably go with re-x'ing half my extract using Melodics's advice ( thanks! ). I have a pound of powdered MHRB to experiment with, so any misfortune will only serve as guidance in the future.