We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using a volcano for Spice Options

hexan
#1 Posted : 3/2/2011 6:54:56 PM

The Great Gatsby

I would like to hear from anyone using a volc successfully for spice.

Any info please.

did u use liquid pads? sandwich with an inert or active filler? multiple gauzes?

Thanks

H

ps. i know volc is too hot at 200 degrees + but there are ways of dealing with this.
Hexan is a fictional character.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Elf Machine
#2 Posted : 3/2/2011 7:44:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Use the SS pad and set it on #8 or higher. After using the volcano nothing else compares.

arrogant auntie
#3 Posted : 3/2/2011 10:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

was actually wondering if a vaporizer would work today. unfortunately mine can't achieve what was suggested above it only has one heat setting
We are the few that won't say nothing right
We are the footsteps fading into the night

hexan
#4 Posted : 3/2/2011 11:41:01 PM

The Great Gatsby

Elf Machine wrote:
Use the SS pad and set it on #8 or higher. After using the volcano nothing else compares.

Thanks for reply. what is the deal with the SS pad? please explain.

Also, did you your mixer.

Some more details would be appreciated.

Bag size. How long did u leave vapour in bag?

did u mix with MJ etc.

what else have you compared the volcano with as far as spice vaporisation goes please?

H

Elf Machine
#5 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:08:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hexan wrote:

Your spice will melt into oil immediatly so it is necessary to use the pad. It's meant for oils.

hexan wrote:

I don't understand the english.

hexan wrote:

Use the bag it comes with. It's good for 3 large breaths, perfect. Breath it in immediatly. Hold your breath each time. The longer the vapor stays in the bag, the harder it is to inhale.

hexan wrote:

did u mix with MJ etc.

No, always pure spice.

hexan wrote:

what else have you compared the volcano with as far as spice vaporisation goes please?

Various other vaporizing pipes and bongs, no comparison.

hexan
#6 Posted : 3/3/2011 10:13:59 AM

The Great Gatsby

Elf Machine wrote:
hexan wrote:

Your spice will melt into oil immediatly so it is necessary to use the pad. It's meant for oils.

hexan wrote:

I don't understand the english.

hexan wrote:

Use the bag it comes with. It's good for 3 large breaths, perfect. Breath it in immediatly. Hold your breath each time. The longer the vapor stays in the bag, the harder it is to inhale.

hexan wrote:

did u mix with MJ etc.

No, always pure spice.

hexan wrote:

Various other vaporizing pipes and bongs, no comparison.

nice one. please excuse my typo. Need to get some ss pads I think : )

ChampionPuffa
#7 Posted : 3/3/2011 11:44:27 AM

lol.

i got a volcano an used it once for spice, although i only put a small amount on top of my weed, it seemed to work very well off the small bit i put in, but it ruined the taste of the weed a bit, so its probably best to use strong bud like blue cheese or only use pure spice an a liquid pad, personally its not something i can see myself liking, i like to get it all in one toke and cant do my bags in one go an it tastes nasty. my bags a lil bigger than the standard size aswell so would take more than 3 tokes to clear. it does appear to work very well for it tho. i dunno wot heat settings best i just turned it up to around 8 aswell.
you can really put anything that needs to be vapourised and/or melted in the volc as long as you use the liquid pads pretty much all those meltable things work very well in the volc some dont taste very nice at all tho.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

hexan
#8 Posted : 3/3/2011 12:46:14 PM

The Great Gatsby

ChampionPuffa wrote:
i got a volcano an used it once for spice, although i only put a small amount on top of my weed, it seemed to work very well off the small bit i put in, but it ruined the taste of the weed a bit, so its probably best to use strong bud like blue cheese or only use pure spice an a liquid pad, personally its not something i can see myself liking, i like to get it all in one toke and cant do my bags in one go an it tastes nasty. my bags a lil bigger than the standard size aswell so would take more than 3 tokes to clear. it does appear to work very well for it tho. i dunno wot heat settings best i just turned it up to around 8 aswell.
you can really put anything that needs to be vapourised and/or melted in the volc as long as you use the liquid pads pretty much all those meltable things work very well in the volc some dont taste very nice at all tho.

i see liquid bowls are £60 !
no way im coughing up another £60.

think I will improvise with some inert carrier and spice sprinkled onto it.

H

tetra
#9 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:14:04 PM

BaconBerry

I got two liquid pads for 10 bucks, where are you shopping? I got mine online. Though I use the liquid pad for my GVG as I don't have a volcano.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

hexan
#10 Posted : 3/3/2011 2:37:40 PM

The Great Gatsby

tetra wrote:
I got two liquid pads for 10 bucks, where are you shopping? I got mine online. Though I use the liquid pad for my GVG as I don't have a volcano.

ahh

I thought you needed a whole new liquid bowl system?

I have the standard volcano. Can I just pop liquid pads into my bowl?

Typical of Storz and Bickel, merchandising madness.

tetra
#11 Posted : 3/3/2011 3:25:29 PM

BaconBerry

My friend has the old Volcano and just pops in the liquid pad as he would a screen. He vapes hash with it, and opium, so he tells me. But you can vape any liquid, I imagine.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

ChampionPuffa
#12 Posted : 3/4/2011 8:16:50 PM

lol.

yea make sure when you buy liquid pads that you get the correct ones, there are 2 types, one for the older solid valve chamber and one for the newer easy valve they are both different sizes/thickness so i think youl need the correct ones. i dont think theres much in the size so the wrong ones might fit, but ive had both chambers ive now got the easy valve and the old liquid pads ive got that i had to buy seperately are different to the ones i got with my new easy valve volcano i got recently and the old ones wont fit in the easy valve so i cant see it working the other way round. (i had to replace my old volcano as it was quit old an a bit broken)
they should cost like $10 for 2 tho. any liquid will work fine. opium, crack, anything works, even tinctures
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Elf Machine
#13 Posted : 3/4/2011 8:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use 2 seperate bags, one for spice and one for THC containing stuff. Otherwise the spice will always mix with your THC because alot of DMT sticks to the sides of the bag and a little comes out no matter what your vaping.

hexan
#14 Posted : 3/5/2011 1:42:02 AM

The Great Gatsby

ChampionPuffa wrote:
yea make sure when you buy liquid pads that you get the correct ones, there are 2 types, one for the older solid valve chamber and one for the newer easy valve they are both different sizes/thickness so i think youl need the correct ones. i dont think theres much in the size so the wrong ones might fit, but ive had both chambers ive now got the easy valve and the old liquid pads ive got that i had to buy seperately are different to the ones i got with my new easy valve volcano i got recently and the old ones wont fit in the easy valve so i cant see it working the other way round. (i had to replace my old volcano as it was quit old an a bit broken)
they should cost like $10 for 2 tho. any liquid will work fine. opium, crack, anything works, even tinctures

thanks Ive been considering smoking methods a lot. No way Im buying a Vap pipe when I have a volc.

I cant even be bothered buying liquid pads. I wonder if I can make do with some extra mesh and some used herb? What do you think?