We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a Fast DMT oxide conversion tek - help Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 3/1/2011 10:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you know you have n-oxide in the first place? If its just yellow/dark, its possible its just dmt with plant oils and/or a very superficial oxidation and not really dmt n-oxide.

In any case:

Tek is theoretically very simple, dissolve dmt in hcl acidified water, mix zinc thoroughly, decant liquid away from zinc, base liquid, pull with solvent again.

I suggest dividing your sample in two, having a control batch, so you do the same thing with both except one you mix zinc one you dont, then you compare final results to see if something really did change. And post results Pleased

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LandOfOz
#2 Posted : 3/2/2011 2:09:46 AM

Oz

this was all made up by 69ron. tho often full of good info, he was so sure of himself he states assumptions as fact.

as far as we know none of us will ever come in contact with dmt oxide.

most ppl who have done this really just re-xed their spice and made it cleaner via mini a/b

joedirt
#3 Posted : 3/2/2011 11:58:57 PM

Not I

endlessness wrote:
How do you know you have n-oxide in the first place? If its just yellow/dark, its possible its just dmt with plant oils and/or a very superficial oxidation and not really dmt n-oxide.

In any case:

Tek is theoretically very simple, dissolve dmt in hcl acidified water, mix zinc thoroughly, decant liquid away from zinc, base liquid, pull with solvent again.

I suggest dividing your sample in two, having a control batch, so you do the same thing with both except one you mix zinc one you dont, then you compare final results to see if something really did change. And post results Pleased

Endlessness do you know if the effects of n-oxide are different than DMT?

Cheers!
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/3/2011 12:30:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First question I guess would be, from where do you have n-oxide in the first place, and how can you be sure its really n-oxide? I think a lot of people just equate yellow with n-oxide, but thats just suppositions, AFAIK there hasnt been a single chemical analysis to show this. I think burnt's FOAF was considering synthesizing n-oxide to have a reference standard and then analyse mimosa/extraction yields and see if n-oxide is really present. Maybe yellow is partly n-oxide and partly pure dmt? Maybe its plant oils and dmt? Maybe its all of these together? Maybe it depends on each particular batch and cant be generalized?

Also it can happen that one has an oil resulting from evaporating a non-polar solvent, and then people think its n-oxide, but it can happen that just redissolving this in naphtha and freeze-precipitating will result in dmt crystals again. It is known in chemistry that even with the same material and purity, different conditions can lead to very different results (crystals of different kinds or oils).

One idea to make n-oxide is to mix it with hydrogen peroxide, but its still unknown if it works as well as theory said, maybe theres still unreacted dmt? Until we get a reference sample and analyse these things with chromatography, we wont really know

Also another thing to be taken into account is the potential self-suggestion when people are experimenting with different products. They think a dmt is different, hence they feel it. Personally, I can have completely different experiences even with the same batch in the same set and setting the same day, so I always found very very strange and am skeptic when people claim with so much certainty that jungle/yellow/whatever results in such and such kind of experience with such and such kind of visuals. Hence why I suggested this blind testing protocol, but so far it hasnt been put into practice yet (except once by Ice House who couldnt tell the difference between yellow and white)