We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT fumarate help Options

bubble_gum
#1 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:50:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i've read the dmt handbook and i found DMT-fumarate, this was very interesting to me because i never had a breaktrough with smoking DMT because i could not get enough smoke into my lungs (harsh smoke). in the dmt handbook its suggested DMT-fumarate can be snorted, but "The experience is quite like a shortened ayahuasca journey in the sense that it is longer and slower than a smoked experience" (qoute from the handbook)
so my question realy is how long and how slow?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/28/2011 9:02:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Consensus with people that tried snorting is its just not worth it. It hurts a lot and you need to use large doses for it to work enough.

Why not just consuming dmt orally together with MAOI, if longer duration/slower pace is what you want?

bubble_gum
#3 Posted : 2/28/2011 5:53:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well i dont want to use maoi because of my further lifestyle and the risks maoi bring with it and I dont want the slower and longer trip, but if the difference between the freebase and the fumarate isn't to big its ok. In the dmt handbook it says dmt fumarate isnt that painfull to snort. and im used to snorting stuff so im not to afraid of the feeling

Perceptual Reality
#4 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not try to make changa using freebase dmt? It could work better for you, you can smoke it slower, you dont really have to hold it in as long(though it helps), and it can provide a grounded understandable experience. Smile
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
Well i dont want to use maoi because of my further lifestyle and the risks maoi bring with it and I dont want the slower and longer trip, but if the difference between the freebase and the fumarate isn't to big its ok. In the dmt handbook it says dmt fumarate isnt that painfull to snort. and im used to snorting stuff so im not to afraid of the feeling

hmmm.. not to sound intrusive on your private life issues but, maybe a change in lifestyle would also be a path worth considering?

We all have our own preferences and are in different moments of our lives, but when you talk about your life style and being used to snort things, not wanting longer duration, it gives me the impression you might be looking for a 'quick' solution, and I sincerely hope you are not considering dmt as just a 'high' like others. I dont mean to sound judgemental because I dont know who you are, just saying how it reads from my perspective, correct me if im wrong. To get the benefit of these substances I feel that it takes dedication and looking into one's own mistakes and weaknesses, and longer duration experiences can help with that. I hope you are willing to do the inner work that necessarily comes when you sign the contract of using these substances..

Also regarding harsh smoke, the solution to that is changing your smoking method. Correctly vaporized dmt will not only not taste harsh, but it will be so smooth you dont even really feel it going inside your lungs (though you might smoothly smell it when you breathe out). A GVG is the best method I have ever tried, and extremely effective, but if you cant afford that (its worth it by far!), maybe try bong and ash sandwich, and going very easy with the lighter keeping flame far away.

As for how much the fumarate it hurts vs effects, i dont know, I never tried, but I can say that this question has been asked several times in the forum even by people who had experience snorting things and consensus says its not worth it. But be my guest and try it, let us know how it goes. Start low though, just in case.

Last thing, regarding MAOI, the real trouble is with medication (such as pharmaceutical MAOIs), or interaction with amphetamines/stimulants and also SSRIs.. If you're just thinking food interaction, check our FAQ its not a problem as some people claim to be, just have a bit of good sense and eat light in general like recommended before any psychedelic experience, regardless of tyramine worries.

Perceptual Reality
#6 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

We all have our own preferences and are in different moments of our lives, but when you talk about your life style and being used to snort things, not wanting longer duration, it gives me the impression you might be into the 'quick' solution, and I sincerely hope you are not considering dmt as just a 'high' like others. I dont mean to sound judgemental because I dont know who you are, just saying how it reads from my perspective, correct me if im wrong. To get the benefit of these substances I feel that it takes dedication and looking into one's own mistakes and weaknesses, and longer duration experiences can help with that. I hope you are willing to do the inner work that necessarily comes when you sign the contract of using these substances..

You must transform in order to be transformed. - Learned from The Spirit Molecule Documentary
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

bubble_gum
#7 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:49:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies, to clear things up: im not looking for a quick fix, its more that im a little bit scared to be in a long trip due to bad trips in the past. And for the mao inhibitors its because of painkillers for my back and yeah i was a little concerned about the food interaction. But i still dont know how long a dmt fumarate trip will last or did i mis it? But really thanks for all the replies

Perceptual Reality
#8 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
Thanks for the replies, to clear things up: im not looking for a quick fix, its more that im a little bit scared to be in a long trip due to bad trips in the past. And for the mao inhibitors its because of painkillers for my back and yeah i was a little concerned about the food interaction. But i still dont know how long a dmt fumarate trip will last or did i mis it? But really thanks for all the replies

Nexians are here to help! Smile As for the fumarate, im not sure. My suggestion is changa, not containing an MAOI, just so you can get a feel for it, and not really need to take harsh puffs.

bubble_gum
#9 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:56:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

O i forgot what is GVG? And i will try the changa but i still have 2 grams of dmt fumarate and 99 grams of fumaric acid left XD but can you post a link with a maoi free changa recipe for me?

Perceptual Reality
#10 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
O i forgot what is GVG? And i will try the changa but i still have 2 grams of dmt fumarate and 99 grams of fumaric acid left XD but can you post a link with a maoi free changa recipe for me?

A GVG is a glass vapor genie, most use this as their preferred changa, and freebase smoking method. This link will show you what certain herbs are capable of when infused with freebase, it also shows recipes. Although, I, dont use this recipe, I use a lazy technique. Laughing

Changa Recipe and Herb Combos

bubble_gum
#11 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:13:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used " eagle bills shake n vape" to smoke dmt before that should be good enough or not? Thanks for the link by the way

Perceptual Reality
#12 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
I used " eagle bills shake n vape" to smoke dmt before that should be good enough or not? Thanks for the link by the way

Ohh, I'm not familiar with this. Care to elaborate on the method? Or post a link?

bubble_gum
#13 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:23:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Perceptual Reality
#14 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:42:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you put the flame directly on the glass? And for how long if you did? You might have over vaped it. Usually, straight freebase isn't harsh for me, thats why im curious. On the other hand, I dont have a vaporizer :/ I use a standard bong, by sandwiching the spice in between herbs

bubble_gum
#15 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:53:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried various methods, directly on the glass, sucking in the flame, regular lighters and storm lighters, maybe the dmt was to old (3 months) i dont know...

endlessness
#16 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you have money to spend, get a GVG.. otherwise try the bong thing I said, maybe at least its a bit better than your current methods. Old dmt isnt a problem, ive smoked year-old dmt that was perfect, and it wasnt stored well

Perceptual Reality
#17 Posted : 2/28/2011 8:08:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
I tried various methods, directly on the glass, sucking in the flame, regular lighters and storm lighters, maybe the dmt was to old (3 months) i dont know...

The best way would've been keeping the flame as far as you can from the glass, letting the glass warm up and vape the spice. I agree with endless, the age of the dmt shouldn't really matter.

bubble_gum
#18 Posted : 3/2/2011 9:04:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ok guys i ordered the GVG and tried the changa, that was a very good ideaVery happy

Perceptual Reality
#19 Posted : 3/2/2011 9:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bubble_gum wrote:
ok guys i ordered the GVG and tried the changa, that was a very good ideaVery happy

Care to elaborate on your experience? Very happy

bubble_gum
#20 Posted : 3/3/2011 8:56:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well, i didn't have a complete breakthrough, but it was more then i experienced before, i already had some passionflower and didn't knew it contained MAOI but i used it before, so the fear of MAOI's are gone, i just didn't take my meds the whole day, i prepared a mix of 60% passionflower and 40% peppermint. feeling a bit lazy i just ground it up and mixed 0.5 grams of the freebase dmt in it. stuffed my bong with the mix and started smoking. short after that the whole room started buzzing, colors became much clearer, i couldn't feel my body and in the distance i heard my friend asking "do you feel anything?" the only thing i could do after that was laugh at him , it al lasted about 10 minutes and it was gone. best dmt experience so far Very happy. next time i am going to add some dmt to the mix i made because it was clearly to much i think i smoked about 0.05 grams of dmt this time. i have to say im still curious about the dmt fumarate snorting so next week im going to try it out with a small dose so i can check out for myself how long the trip will last, if anyone knows or hears something about how long the trip is going to last please send me a PM so i can prepareSmile i hope to get my GVG in soon so i can try that out to.

12NEXT