We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this a new idea? Options

alladinsgrandpa
#1 Posted : 2/28/2011 4:21:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

forgive me if this is already known but what if you took a lemon tek and dried it to a powder/acetate? then capped it up to consume?

so this is my lemon tek i do:
grind mushrooms well but not too fine
put in shot glass then add just enough lemon/lime juice to cover the material
stir around for fifteen minutes
drink in one shot

what if you extracted off the lemon juice after you let the material soak and then dried it on a tray until the liquid is gone tthen capped it? sorry for the redundancy just trying to clarify.

my only question is that there is probably a considerable amount of active chemicals left in the material and would the lemon juice just rot as it evapped or would it be okay?
me and my friend are thinking about trying this out this week and itll be the first time ive tripped in a while

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

OwlMan
#2 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:02:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

alladinsgrandpa wrote:
forgive me if this is already known but what if you took a lemon tek and dried it to a powder/acetate? then capped it up to consume?

so this is my lemon tek i do:
grind mushrooms well but not too fine
put in shot glass then add just enough lemon/lime juice to cover the material
stir around for fifteen minutes
drink in one shot

what if you extracted off the lemon juice after you let the material soak and then dried it on a tray until the liquid is gone tthen capped it? sorry for the redundancy just trying to clarify.

my only question is that there is probably a considerable amount of active chemicals left in the material and would the lemon juice just rot as it evapped or would it be okay?
me and my friend are thinking about trying this out this week and itll be the first time ive tripped in a while

I don't think this would work. First, the lemon convert the psilocybin into psilocin, this is the same thing that happens in the stomach if you just eat the dried mushroom. Psilocybin is quite stable but psilocin is not stable at all. When you dry the psilocin it won't form a salt, like DMT for example. I think you will just ruin the mushrooms.
The owls are not what they seem

alladinsgrandpa
#3 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:25:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

im going to try and evaporate lemon juice and see what happens i think you would atleast feel some of the effects

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 2/28/2011 7:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not a new idea, but i think not many people have tried it before, so any data on this is certainly very appreciated. I guess most people believe that it's not going to be very effective because its said that psylocin is very unstable. You still might want to give it a shot, even though there is no harm in drinking the lemon tea...

Oh, and you do not need to eat the mushrooms if yoou're following the lemon tek. I simply strain them out...could not notice any loss in potency. I also powder them in a blender with lemon juice and let sit for as long as possible. I come to believe that 20 minutes is not enough for full effects.

alladinsgrandpa
#5 Posted : 3/1/2011 2:46:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the info obliguhl it really helps to know that i can strain out the mushrooms. ill let it sit for an hour when i eventually try it. was going to try at home this week with a friend but he is going out of town now i think and thats really the only person i would feel breaking back into tripping with.

im going to evap some lemon juice tomorrow and see what that looks like when its done.

alladins

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 3/1/2011 9:59:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You might also want to try blending it into fine dust and shaking the mixture occasionally.
Then just use a common tea filter to strain (empty a tea bag).

alladinsgrandpa
#7 Posted : 3/1/2011 3:00:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ya ill powder the mushrooms and then let sit for an hour and shake/stir every so often, filter, then evap

endlessness
#8 Posted : 3/1/2011 3:02:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont do with too many mushrooms, and divide your batch in half, and only evap half, so that you have a control sample to compare.

As its been said before, psilocybin is quite stable, except it dephosphorylises under acidic conditions. Then you'll get psilocin which is unstable and can easily degrade, so my guess is you'll have a weak or inactive product after evaporation. I doubt its gonna be solid/manageable too, probably some kind of goo. In any case do share your results whatever they are