We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21's Tek 2 Advice/Help Options

MOfoSlayer
#1 Posted : 2/20/2011 3:40:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is currently preparing to do Q21Q21's Tek 2 extraction. This is going to be SWIM's first time doing an extraction and although he has read threads about the results of others using the Tek he would like advice on what he should specifically do using the supplies he has, which unfortunately are quite limited. SWIM would greatly appreciate any help he can get. Mods if this post is in the wrong section SWIM apologizes, feel free to move or delete it.

SWIM's supplies are as follows:

1 lb (454 g) of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark Powder from an eBay supplier (SWIM knows that was probably a bad idea but it was his only option)
1 1 lb (454 g) of Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime and about half of another 1 lb bag
1 quart (946 mL) of Klean Strip VM&P Naphtha
1 quart (946 mL) of 5% White Vinegar and another bottle containing a little over half of a pint (237mL)
4 wooden spoons
3 sets of wooden chopsticks
1 set of measuring spoons with measurements of 1mL, 2mL, 5mL, 15mL, and 25mL
4 10 ounce (296mL) Anchor brand glass custard cups
1 11 cup (2603mL) Anchor brand glass container with a lid
1 Sunbeam Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser

If someone could give SWIM step by step instructions he would be forever grateful.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 2/20/2011 3:58:58 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

if you go to the wiki its all there.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m.../Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

MOfoSlayer
#3 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:00:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has read the wiki. He is asking for help with his specific setup.

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:16:00 AM

i am confused you want someone to type you up step by step what to do when its all ready there, i am not sure what specifics you want it doesnt get any easier than reading the tek. its all step by step in the tek and it looks like you have all the materials dont take any of this to offense but its not that complicated im sure you could get it done.

What Specifics are you really asking for?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

q21q21
#5 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:16:58 AM

SWIM

Just go for it buddy, it's just as simple as it sounds!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:22:36 AM

That should Be all you need^^ right there motivation from the tek man himself. Smile
— Terence McKenna

MOfoSlayer
#7 Posted : 2/20/2011 5:18:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just really doesn't want to mess this up. He has friends counting on him and it's been on his mind for weeks.

Never mind about the specifics SWIM realizes he was being stupid.

SWIM will probably attempt a test run by filling a custard cup with roughly 100 grams of root bark powder and following the steps. He is just worried about measurements since he has no scale.

Will putting the plastic cover on the glass container for the naphtha be a bad idea while it's in the freezer? SWIM is also using a mini fridge with a small freezer compartment which is not very effective but would it be good if left in for say 14 hours on the highest setting?

SWIM has also read this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=17919
and was wondering if a hot water container is a necessity for the acidification and basification steps as it isn't mentioned in the guide. The original poster in that thread also has different waiting times than those in the guide and he has a waiting period after the basification. What would be good waiting times for the small scale test and later a larger extraction? Is the waiting period after the basification necessary?

More random quesions:

The custard cups are pretty thick glass will the boiling water in one cup be hot enough to heat up the mixing cup when the time comes for the naphtha?
Is using too much naphtha bad?
During the acidification waiting period do you stir several times before the waiting period or during the waiting period in step 4?

SWIM will probably come up with more noobie questions. Thanks DoctorMantus and q21q21. SWIM is quite thrilled that the creator of the tek has taken an interest in his problem.

DoctorMantus
#8 Posted : 2/20/2011 5:43:08 AM

MOfoSlayer wrote:

The custard cups are pretty thick glass will the boiling water in one cup be hot enough to heat up the mixing cup when the time comes for the naphtha?
During the acidification waiting period do you stir several times before the waiting period or during the waiting period in step 4?

the boiling water should keep it warm enough as long as your changing out the water when it cools but most of the time you should not have a problem bc your only letting it sit for about ten mins.

and using too much naphtha isnt bad you want to use the right amount by how much bark you have. if you have excess its just more solvent that you dont want to deal with, there will be absorbtion when you add it but if you are doing 100g just stick with 100ml.

Acidification stir before let sit you can do periodic stirring if you like.

And no problem good luck to you.

— Terence McKenna

q21q21
#9 Posted : 2/20/2011 5:56:51 AM

SWIM

MOfoSlayer wrote:
SWIM just really doesn't want to mess this up. He has friends counting on him and it's been on his mind for weeks.

Never mind about the specifics SWIM realizes he was being stupid.

SWIM will probably attempt a test run by filling a custard cup with roughly 100 grams of root bark powder and following the steps. He is just worried about measurements since he has no scale.

Will putting the plastic cover on the glass container for the naphtha be a bad idea while it's in the freezer? SWIM is also using a mini fridge with a small freezer compartment which is not very effective but would it be good if left in for say 14 hours on the highest setting?

SWIM has also read this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=17919
and was wondering if a hot water container is a necessity for the acidification and basification steps as it isn't mentioned in the guide. The original poster in that thread also has different waiting times than those in the guide and he has a waiting period after the basification. What would be good waiting times for the small scale test and later a larger extraction? Is the waiting period after the basification necessary?

More random quesions:

SWIM will probably come up with more noobie questions. Thanks DoctorMantus and q21q21. SWIM is quite thrilled that the creator of the tek has taken an interest in his problem.

SWIM's just a glad-to-contribute part of the nexus like anyone else.

The waiting period for vinegar soak is 20-30min (over is fine too)
After the basification the first naptha pull can be done immediately or if you've got time 1 to 1.5hr after basification will give you the biggest "first pull" yeild

Feel like I'm just re-writing parts of the tek though, just be patient and confident and *if the starting materials are right the ending ones will be right out of this world!"
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

DoctorMantus
#10 Posted : 2/20/2011 6:36:43 AM

q21q21 wrote:

SWIM's just a glad-to-contribute part of the nexus like anyone else.

The waiting period for vinegar soak is 20-30min (over is fine too)
After the basification the first naptha pull can be done immediately or if you've got time 1 to 1.5hr after basification will give you the biggest "first pull" yeild

Feel like I'm just re-writing parts of the tek though, just be patient and confident and *if the starting materials are right the ending ones will be right out of this world!"

Hey q21q21 i have a question Can Low yields Be resulted because of the use of older used naphtha?
— Terence McKenna

q21q21
#11 Posted : 2/20/2011 6:40:53 AM

SWIM

Do you mean naptha that was bought a while ago or (yellow) naptha that has previously been used for pulls.

Not sure if naptha can really get "old" gotta look up that info... but as for re-using naptha it works with what seems to be very little effect on the pull-size/solubility

The most common cause of low yields for SWIM is too little lime and too little time.
Just mixing the lime-bark once a day for 3-7 days should freebase 99% of the DMT for pull though if the tek is done right 80% or more could be pulling in the first 3 hours or so. If the acid-wash wasn't thorough it may take up to 48 hours for a significant yield and for SWIM he only got .75% yellow spice compared to .97% white with a good acid wash.

DoctorMantus
#12 Posted : 2/20/2011 6:46:17 AM

yes i did mean naphtha previously used for pulls. well the nap was kinda yellow but i noticed when heated, it cleared out, and i used it to pull.
— Terence McKenna

Perceptual Reality
#13 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Do you mean naptha that was bought a while ago or (yellow) naptha that has previously been used for pulls.

Not sure if naptha can really get "old" gotta look up that info... but as for re-using naptha it works with what seems to be very little effect on the pull-size/solubility

The most common cause of low yields for SWIM is too little lime and too little time.
Just mixing the lime-bark once a day for 3-7 days should freebase 99% of the DMT for pull though if the tek is done right 80% or more could be pulling in the first 3 hours or so. If the acid-wash wasn't thorough it may take up to 48 hours for a significant yield and for SWIM he only got .75% yellow spice compared to .97% white with a good acid wash.

So adding lime to the vinegar/water/mhrb mix should take up to 3 hours(at least)? SWIMs first extraction was very high in yield, but his second one was only a third of the first. The only difference between extractions was that i let the vinegar/mhrb/lime mix sit overnight before starting natpha pulls. Could this be why the second extraction wasn't as much? Also for the first extraction i let at least 50% of the natpha evaporate while doing the pulls, could this also be why i had such a great yield?

Thank you!
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

Psikotrope
#14 Posted : 2/20/2011 8:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've performed this tek a handful of times now with no failures even when I was a bit careless. The first go was rushwd and performed in about 18 hours with only 3 pulls. I had more tham enough to play with almost daily for a month. Its really hard to F' this one up! I wasn't surw about some of the wait times btw steps and pulls but have found that the longer you wait the higher the yields.

I would personally start with something like 30 grams. This gave me plenty for my first trials. Your friends will umderstand perfection takes time if they are serious about psychonautics. I wouldn't want to rush it and vape naptha or something. You'll burn your damn facial hair off for gods sake. Not a good way to launch, ha ha.
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

q21q21
#15 Posted : 2/20/2011 10:02:16 PM

SWIM

Perceptual Reality wrote:
q21q21 wrote:

So adding lime to the vinegar/water/mhrb mix should take up to 3 hours(at least)? SWIMs first extraction was very high in yield, but his second one was only a third of the first. The only difference between extractions was that i let the vinegar/mhrb/lime mix sit overnight before starting natpha pulls. Could this be why the second extraction wasn't as much? Also for the first extraction i let at least 50% of the natpha evaporate while doing the pulls, could this also be why i had such a great yield?

Thank you!

That doesn't really sound like it would effect the yield really. Was there any difference in the lime:bark ratio in the second one?

Perceptual Reality
#16 Posted : 2/20/2011 10:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

That doesn't really sound like it would effect the yield really. Was there any difference in the lime:bark ratio in the second one?

Nope i used 3 gs of lime for every 4 gs of bark.
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!