We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Illinois Bundleflower rich in DMT? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 8/12/2008 5:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

terrence mckenna said at one lecture that the Illinois Bundleflower was one of the plants which contains most DMT of all plants. is this still up to date?

why ain't nobody extracting from that?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lorax
#2 Posted : 8/12/2008 5:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have just found info that the root bark is supposed to contain up to 25% DMT.. the rest of the root contains about 2%

why does nobody use this in extraction? is it too expensive? or too rare? or are there other chemicals present which one would a hard time seperating from the spice?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 8/12/2008 5:34:10 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi Cheech,

Where did you find this information? It sounds fairly wrong, if it really had 25%dmt people would be working with this root, even if it may be difficult to extract it (imagine, if you could do a fairly crappy inefficient extraction getting 10% of the total alkaloids, still your yield would be fairly high).

In practice, mpeople report aounts varying from 0% to 0.3% and yes, people have tried to extract it with unimpressive results. SWIM has never tried this though because it is illegal!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Viracocha
#4 Posted : 8/12/2008 11:48:35 PM

..still lc..

lol 25%
it would actually look like dmt

lorax
#5 Posted : 8/13/2008 10:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. one of shulgins books stated that. i found that info on some website which was selling this root. but i didnt believe it.. so i posted it here to get some real info.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 8/14/2008 7:37:34 PM

The Great Namah

cheech wrote:
i have just found info that the root bark is supposed to contain up to 25% DMT.. the rest of the root contains about 2%

why does nobody use this in extraction? is it too expensive? or too rare? or are there other chemicals present which one would a hard time seperating from the spice?

.25% is what I have read....
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.