We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about passionflower Options

Dreamwalker
#1 Posted : 2/19/2011 7:58:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While doing some early spring cleaning SWIM discovered an ounce of passionflower that has been sealed since he bought it months ago. Supposedly it can be used in a changa blend only research shows that it isn't a very potent source of harmalas.

Is there any way of making a 10x passionflower? Could this be done in the same way that one would make 10x caapi by soaking it in IPA for a month or so?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 2/20/2011 5:36:22 AM

SWIM

It would probably work, that or you could do it a little more basic way and just brew it up and evaporate it down to a resin. This would likely not store as well (might be gooey and need to be kept in freezer) but it would definitely get the actives and remove that harsh leaf from the equation.

SWIM hasn't tried this but just theorizing it makes him really want to do it *makes note to try later* passionflower is a gentle and beautiful plant in nature and in the brain!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Dreamwalker
#3 Posted : 2/20/2011 2:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
It would probably work, that or you could do it a little more basic way and just brew it up and evaporate it down to a resin.

Thanks for the input Q21Q21!

When SWIM has some time later this week he will definitely give it a go and I'll post the results.

On a side note, could one brew up caapi leaves in this same way instead of soaking them for a month?

SWIM has been looking for a more efficient way to extract from leaves in a shorter amount of time. Surprisingly he can't seem to find much other than the 3 week soak method.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 2/23/2011 6:09:46 AM

SWIM

Dreamwalker wrote:
q21q21 wrote:
It would probably work, that or you could do it a little more basic way and just brew it up and evaporate it down to a resin.

Thanks for the input Q21Q21!

When SWIM has some time later this week he will definitely give it a go and I'll post the results.

On a side note, could one brew up caapi leaves in this same way instead of soaking them for a month?

SWIM has been looking for a more efficient way to extract from leaves in a shorter amount of time. Surprisingly he can't seem to find much other than the 3 week soak method.

If the harmalas are water-soluble they will be in the resin or powder that results. Can't guarantee that they will vaporize/smoke nicely, only experimentation will tell that (someone may have already tried it though)

SWIM has lots of passionflower but no caapi left, he tried the same extraction as rue and the harmalas were super super tiny and flowed through 2 coffee filters and he ended up having to decant and evaporate leaving salty harmalas. This could be a simple method to removing the plant matter. That or it could not work at all....

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs