We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Converting ethanol extracted psilocybin into psilocin ph? Options

Madcap
#1 Posted : 2/19/2011 3:03:32 AM

illudium Q-36

My understanding is that the man active of an ethanol extraction (or just dried fruits) is psilocybin.... but that the psilocin experience is more visual and different.

What we be a good procedure to convert the psilocybin to psilocin? I've read that lemon juice added to tea will convert it but I don't really get it enough to know how long the reaction takes to happen or what ph I need to reach.

I just don't want to waste any magic!

I realize that psilocybin is converted into psilocin in the body..but still I read reports that taking psilocin is a different experience.

Much thanks in advance.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Opiyum
#2 Posted : 2/19/2011 3:21:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have read talk about just making a tea and just using heat alone... nothing to cite though. If you do try anything you should tell us about it.

Dorge
#3 Posted : 2/19/2011 3:33:19 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

what does heat do to hydrogen and oxygen bonds?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

benzyme
#4 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:31:10 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

generally speaking, heat speeds up the rate of oxidation.
it may deprotonate (remove the hydrogen)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Madcap
#5 Posted : 2/19/2011 3:28:41 PM

illudium Q-36

the fruit powder/alcohol slurry is heated during the extraction process. Would adding lemon juice to the end product be of any benefit?

I've got plenty of material and I am driving to another state to get 190 everclear today (and to hit an awesome bar-b-que spot)

The shorter duration, faster onset and more visual experience that I've read a mainly psilocin dose provides sounds more like what I want to get out.

My fruits aren't snapping bone dry yet, so i probably won't get to it for a few days maybe next weekend.

Dorge
#6 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:22:20 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

benzyme wrote:
generally speaking, heat speeds up the rate of oxidation.
it may deprotonate (remove the hydrogen)

Yep....
If the hydrogen is removed from psilocin whatcho got?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Madcap
#7 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:15:22 PM

illudium Q-36

Ethanol acquired.

3 x 750ml bottles of Golden Grains Alcohol for just over $50.

I doubt to need this much for anything...but it's not legal to buy in my state. I figured I would stock up and maybe look back and see if there was anything else I had ever wanted to do with it.