We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Funk ass goo stuff Options

OVERDOSE
#1 Posted : 2/19/2011 2:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've successfully done 3 extractions before the one this past weekend, which turned out really shitty. I now have a few grams of a brown and gooey hash looking substance.

The entire procedure was done on a friend's back porch, and it was really cold out. My theory is that because it was so cold it resulted in the extraction of more plant oil/resin than normal, which is fine, we can it try again when it gets warmer. But also this was the first run with a new batch of Brazilian MHRB so that's another variable. Has anyone heard of "bad" mimosa that could account for this shitty looking stuff I extracted out of it? Or is it more likely the low temperature? Thanks for the help!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Perceptual Reality
#2 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What tek did you use?

I used q21q21's tek 2 and had a brown hash looking product which i ended up throwing away. I realized some of my mhrb mix had slipped into my jar while i was doing my natpha pulls.
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/19/2011 8:55:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Simple answer: Recrystallize. Check the FAQ for instructions

OVERDOSE
#4 Posted : 2/19/2011 2:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nah I've done this 3 times already with no problem using the lazyman tek, which produced nice looking yellowish crystals. Nothing went into my evaporating dish that wasn't clear naptha, yet I still ended up with hash looking stuff. Simple question: Was that likely because the procedure was done in very cold temperatures or is it possible that I have a "bad" batch of mimosa? BTW the mimosa I used was purchased from the pedro/adenium guy.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/19/2011 3:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

regardless of how many times you've done so far, why not just recrystallize? Its very simple and should clean it up to nice crystals.

Nah not a bad batch of mimosa, I doubt it.

either your naphtha pulled plant oils or there were microscopic suspended mimosa-acqueous-solution droplets floating around the naphtha as you pulled, and once it evapped it all concentrated giving a darker look to the whole thing. Either way you can clean it up with re-x and/or a mini A/B on the whole thing (redissolve in warm vinegar solution, re-basify, re-pull)

OVERDOSE
#6 Posted : 2/19/2011 4:57:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok that's reassuring, thanks. I have no chem background but I figured the cold temperatures enabled the solidification of more plant particles that separated out into the naptha, maybe by binding to the dmt alkaloids or something. I tried smoking the "hashy goo" once and it did work, just not very well. I ended up giving it away. Anyway, I guess the lesson here is to not attempt an extraction outside in 30-40 degree weather.

Perceptual Reality
#7 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OVERDOSE wrote:
Ok that's reassuring, thanks. I have no chem background but I figured the cold temperatures enabled the solidification of more plant particles that separated out into the naptha, maybe by binding to the dmt alkaloids or something. I tried smoking the "hashy goo" once and it did work, just not very well. I ended up giving it away. Anyway, I guess the lesson here is to not attempt an extraction outside in 30-40 degree weather.

Actually i extracted outside in 20-30 degree weather and it worked fine! (using q21q21s tek 2, of course!)
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:20:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

one qustion though, where is your naphtha from? Did you do an evap test/check msds? Be careful specially if youre using lighter fluids because they can change their composition in a new batch without warning (becasue they are not supposed to be used for extracting consumable products, rather for fire, so they can have all sorts of nasty stuff added).

so please be sure its clean naphtha

OVERDOSE
#9 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's the same naptha I used the previous times that worked fine. VM&P from Home Depot.

Perceptual Reality: Did you do a recrystallization or did you use product straight from the naptha pulls?
EDIT:Nevermind I read over the q21q21 tek and it's nothing like the one I used.

Perceptual Reality
#10 Posted : 2/19/2011 6:23:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OVERDOSE wrote:
It's the same naptha I used the previous times that worked fine. VM&P from Home Depot.

Perceptual Reality: Did you do a recrystallization or did you use product straight from the naptha pulls?
EDIT:Nevermind I read over the q21q21 tek and it's nothing like the one I used.

Then its very possible that the outside temperature had an effect

OVERDOSE
#11 Posted : 2/19/2011 7:05:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thanks for the advice guys.

gammagore
#12 Posted : 2/20/2011 6:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elru wrote:
Lovely thread name. Smile

Not really.