We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first two pharma trips don't make sense! Options

childofthetao
#1 Posted : 2/18/2011 11:42:44 AM

Calvin

Here I will relay what happened (which isn't much) through me and my brothers first pharma trip, then I will talk about my second one that I had ten days later.

15:40 Me and my brother take roughly 1.2g of ginger powder in caps (two each).

15:50 We each take approx. 350g of dark brown unclean rue extract in one cap.

16:22 We each take 110mg of unclean yellow spice.

One hour later we feel it begin, I got very relaxed and headed for my bed, I didn't enjoy the feeling at all.

I was laid there for at the very least one hour, I don't really know how long it was but I just wanted it to end. If I turned over my stomach got a little upset, but it settled if I stayed still.

Visually I saw nothing at all, but I was aware of the empty space in front of my face (normally I'm not aware of it) and it seemed like I could perceive depth (normally I can't). I did get the impression that my head/eye muscles relaxed allowing my awareness to be freed from my head and so I could become more aware of what was around me, instead of it being blocked in my head.

After getting up and walking around I see everything looked a little longer (upwards/downwards) than normal. I intuitively felt this was because my eyes had relaxed and released decades of squinting tension in my eyes (I'm very short sighted).

Apart from cycles of confusion and clarity there really wasn't much to enjoy here although the last 30mins or so was nice. It felt like I had a little ecstasy mixed with being drunk.

My brother weighs like twice as much as me (somewhat) and as we had the same amount it doesn't make sense that he had an absolutely amazing experience. He was occupying three different places at once, holding conversations with entities and thoroughly loving the experience.
He asked someone "So, what is it all about then?" And the reply was "You are a human experience". He got more, but can't really convey it.

I hated it and said I would never do it again, but I got some insight about my own condition. The discomfort was blocked energy that needed to be released and it is released simply by feeling it. All this crap I felt I was carrying with me for a long time (as my own tactile perception of my body or lack thereof).

This to me is a good thing and it made me want to try again another day even if it meant feeling nothing but discomfort, it is something that should be felt to be cleared.

It ties in with a book I'm reading (and re-reading and re-reading) called The Presence Process. In it the author says that throughout our lives we suppress lots of emotional energy in out emotional body (basically what we use to feel emotions).
He teaches consciously connected breathing in order to bring these suppressed negative states to the surface to be released. When this happens all you do is feel it unconditionally (ie. for no reason other than to just feel it). This is what clears the energy, simply bringing it to the surface and feeling it.

Overall I did feel a benefit to my ability to focus after the trip. But the trip itself was an unpleasant experience.

Ten days later I have the exact same amount (alone this time) but taken slightly differently.

13:44 I take one ginger powder caps, approx .6g

14:02 I take another .6g ginger powder cap plus my rue extract which was .36g (slightly more than last time).

14:16 I take my first DMT cap containing 55mg of spice plus the rest of the cap was filled with ginger powder.

14:34 I take the next DMT cap which is identical to the previous one.

This trip was not like the previous one. I felt a little bit drunk and relaxed, nothing more. The last trip made my irises as wide as they could go, this one was practically uneventful even though I had the same amount.
I didn't get that feeling that made me want to go to bed (maybe I should have?) I just remember my brother said he felt uncomfortable at first too but he went to bed and fell asleep, when he awoke his trip was in full swing.

Does anyone know why mine and my brothers experience are so different despite us having the same amount and also despite him weigh more than me?

Also why was me second trip ten days later so different? Maybe I cleared/felt all the negative energy I had stored up? But then why was there not much to experience?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tribal
#2 Posted : 2/18/2011 3:26:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why your experiences weren't as profound as you thought they might be, but from what you stated, it seems like there are a lot of variables. First, you stated that both your spice and rue extracts were "unclean," but that is pretty vague. Do you know how unclean? If I had 110 mg of even somewhat pure spice and 350 mg of even slightly pure rue extract, I guarantee I would have been crawling in the dirt wondering what universe I fell into this time :-)

The second thing is, it sounds like you put everything in caps. Just mix it up in water or acidic fruit juice and swig it down. It doesn't taste all that pleasant, but gel caps are a big variable.

Third, it sounds like you had this experience in the light, just from your comment about how you know how your pupils looked. Try it in darkness. Turning on a light or lighting a candle can ground you back in your surrounding pretty quickly.

As an afterthought, if you're taking ginger it sounds like you're trying to avoid the purge. My advice would be not to fear it. It kind of just comes with the territory, and can actually be pretty purifying.

Anyway, hope something in there helps!

Global
#3 Posted : 2/24/2011 2:31:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's really a mystery how these things work. My brother also weighs like twice as much as me. The first time I gave him pharma, we each took the same amount of ground up rue in gel caps with holes (if you're gonna use gel caps, poke holes in them) and took the same amount of spice in the same amount of orange juice at the same time. It was a complete failure for him, but worked wonderfully for me. A couple days ago, he decided to do it again with me, so we took all the same amounts of everything at the same times [also make sure you're fasting going into the experience. If you have food in your stomach, it can present a whole bunch of unwanted variables including slower absorption rate and whatnot]. Anyway, this time my brother who weighs twice as much as me, like within five minutes of drinking the OJ, didn't look like he felt all that well. It turned out he felt great and was teleporting through time, visiting many scenes in various times and places, many of which inhabited by owls and parrots. Meanwhile I didn't even see the slightest hint of a pattern yet. Within about ten minutes or so, he wasn't seeing very much, while my experience slowly intensified throughout the night. Funny how these things work. I was astonished by just how quickly it hit him though and how "meaningful" (I refer to any pattern as meaningful that looks like something referential) the things he saw was, especially in such little time.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

chocobeastie
#4 Posted : 3/1/2011 6:58:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

100mg isn't enough to really impress most people. try 200-250mg next time!

Apoc
#5 Posted : 3/1/2011 7:28:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chocobeastie wrote:
100mg isn't enough to really impress most people. try 200-250mg next time!

30mg "impresses" the hell out of me! 250mg would feel like the verge of life and death for me.

Apoc
#6 Posted : 3/1/2011 7:46:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why didn't it work? It sounds to me like your spice was unsalted. I know the uncomfortable ride where nothing really happens. By now I am absolutely convinced that it only happens if your product is left unsalted. Make sure its salted fully.

d*l*b
#7 Posted : 3/1/2011 1:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice is highly variable in it’s effects, it will be a case of trial and error until you have found the amount that is correct for you. As you can see here some need just 30mg spice for a heavy experience, others 200–250mg. I have not found my perfect amount from the 3 journeys I have taken so far.

I have had mild and easy to deal with journeys from 100mg & 120mg fumarate dosed with 150–200mg harmaline, next time I will work with 150mg spice/150mg harmaline to see if it gets me somewhere further in.

Dissolving your extracts in orange juice or something else with citric acid in it will help you to absorb the goodies a bit easier and also probably help with the uncomfortable stomach.
D × V × F > R

childofthetao
#8 Posted : 3/4/2011 1:28:34 AM

Calvin

Apoc wrote:
Why didn't it work? It sounds to me like your spice was unsalted. I know the uncomfortable ride where nothing really happens. By now I am absolutely convinced that it only happens if your product is left unsalted. Make sure its salted fully.

Unsalted you say?

I've never heard of that before.

How does one salt DMT?

BecometheOther
#9 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:10:01 PM

metamorhpasizer

Dmt is naturally in an acidic salt form..

It is only when you add the base for a freebase extraction, that it becomes "freebase dmt"
Generally freebase is preffered only for smoking, and not for oral use.

In preparations like ayahuasca, dmt is present in its acidic salt form, this is the ideal form for oral ingestion.

Depending on how you extracted(like limo or veggie oil), you will be left with dmt acetates, so these are ready to go for oral ingestion, but would need to be freebased for smoking...

If you have freebase as they said you could toss it into lemon juice or another acidic beverage to revert it to its salt form.

You get it?
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

BecometheOther
#10 Posted : 3/4/2011 9:10:52 PM

metamorhpasizer

acid=salt form base=freebase
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Dr_Sister
#11 Posted : 4/18/2011 8:54:42 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Sister is contemplating her first Pharma experience, but this idea of needing a dmt salt is confusing her. The stomach already has lots of HCl so any freebase that passes through the stomach is going to end up as the HCl salt of that base.

She can understand why one would want a salt for insufflation, so it will pass through the mucus membrane more easily and burn less. But she has never heard of needing salt for oral administration.

Is there something Sister is missing here?

MelCat
#12 Posted : 4/18/2011 9:05:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it's because the freebase will raise the PH of your stomach and possibly make you nauseous.

With the salt, it's more of a integration vs a reaction.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...