We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca without MAOI? Options

Xatsh
#1 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:08:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to delve a bit further into my experiences with DMT but, I'm in a very time sensitive phase of work. The process to make ayahuasca seemed the easiest way to go about it though, I don't have the hours I'd like to spend.

Could the MAOI be eliminated from the process altogether or reduced for a shorter experience?

Later on I'll study more of the teks for spice and develop my "skill". For now, it's not hard to get MHRB. Recommendations?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

universecannon
#2 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:26:05 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Brewing aya really isn't that time consuming since you can break up the brewing process into a few hours at a time.

You should also check out the pharmahuasca section of the forum. you can do an easy extraction from syrian rue seeds for the MAOIs that you need. From there all you have to due is throw them in capsules or juice, swallow, then take your dmt in a similar way. It would be best to convert the dmt to fumerate form first though

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:29:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UC is right. One thing though, ayahuasca brewing doesnt even have to take many hours. Personally I preffer making a few shorter boils (like half an hour each x 4 or so) with powdered vine rather than these huge long boils.

You cannot consume dmt orally without MAOI. But yes if you consume a bit of MAOI but not much, your trip will last less, and will probably be weaker too. But if you want short duration and no MAOI, why not just vaporizing it? that way you need no MAOI at all and it will only last 10 mins or so. Though I think one doesnt substitute the other and definitely think that oral dmt can be very valuable

Xatsh
#4 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:31:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not so much worried about the time it takes to brew aya as I am the time it takes to "feel" it. What kind of time span should I look for after ingestion? Is it time dependent upon the amount of MAOI? Could I ONLY ingest the MHRB brew and get a shorter trip to hyperspace?

Xatsh
#5 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:35:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ya'll.

I'm just a bit nervous about chemicals, still need to study more into it.

Have a good starting ratio perhaps? maybe 3g MHRB, 1g rue seeds per dose? Any clue how long I'd be looking at?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:37:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayahuasca/oral dmt can last anywhere between 2-6 hours I would say, depending on dosage, usually more like 4.

No you cannot ingest MHRB brew without MAOI normally becuase our MAOs metabolize dmt. There is an exception though, which is if you do a cold water extraction (CWE) because mimosa has a natural MAOI in it (yuremamine) which is broken down when boiling. For that though you need a much bigger dose (some people quote 20g, others 40g). Personally Ive never tried CWE mimosa, it seems a hit-and-miss kind of thing.

Yeah 3g mhrb sounds good for first dose, 1g rue will probably be too little. The recommended dosage is 3-4g for full MAOI. If you take less, you'll probably have either a very weak, or a very short experience, or both. You can do that if you want I guess.

Did you ever take any psychedelic?

Xatsh
#7 Posted : 2/17/2011 11:43:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have vaporised dmt at one point, taken lsd, mushrooms.. not sure if DXMHbR counts? I like the more natural approach by far though.

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 2/18/2011 1:14:06 AM

John Murdoch IV

If you don't have a few hours to trip then don't do it.
It's a very bad idea to trip under time pressure and stress.
Unless you're specifically looking for a difficult/bad experience.

Sounds like your life needs a little fixin'.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Xatsh
#9 Posted : 2/19/2011 2:30:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I'm not intending to do any of this while I'm under these time constraints. I'm certainly not stressed; there are a lot of circumstances which require my attention for the moment. That doesn't mean I shouldn't get all of my information squared away so when the right time comes I can truly gain from the experience.