We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro Essay Options

Jack jones
#1 Posted : 2/16/2011 8:39:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexus,

I am simply here to learn/discuss cactus types, strains and clones. I currently have a collection of many column cactus including many different Pedro's, several different Torch clones (including a Juuls Giant-hybrid), dozens of Peruvianus seedlings and a Bridgessi. Here is the pic of the Juuls Giant when it was rooting back in 2006. It is now over 5 feet tall and has sprouted 4 pups. I would like to be able to post in the cactus forums to ask questions about genetics and share any info I may have.

Thanks and Regards,
JJ
Jack jones attached the following image(s):
Picture 025.jpg (116kb) downloaded 61 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lacunae
#2 Posted : 2/16/2011 10:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool and greetings Smile

I have yet to experience the psychedelic properties of cacti, but I have been considering it as of lately. Do you just propagate them, or do you ingest them as well?
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

Jack jones
#3 Posted : 2/17/2011 7:13:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I only have limited, but successful, experience ingesting cacti. A friend of mine gave a San Pedro a couple of years ago. That gift led to some research on strains and clones. Shortly after, I acquired some cuttings and had planted 1000 P. Torch seeds. I am no chemist, but I am interested in science. I like the fact that the Peruvian Indians(as well as the American Indians) believe in the spirit power of the plant.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/17/2011 7:49:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

May I ask what brings you to the Nexus if you are only interested in cactus? Not that you cant be here, for sure more cactus info is welcome, just wondering why you say so specifically that cactus is all you care about in the introduction to a dmt forum Very happy

Did you ever try other psychedeics? What about extractions?

Which strain of cactus so far you feel is the one with highest alkaloid content?

Wave Rider
#5 Posted : 2/17/2011 8:12:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

May I ask what brings you to the Nexus if you are only interested in cactus? Not that you cant be here, for sure more cactus info is welcome, just wondering why you say so specifically that cactus is all you care about in the introduction to a dmt forum Very happy

Because it is the highest quality, most informative forum on the web for such topics. Of course. Smile Wink Smile

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

Jack jones
#6 Posted : 2/21/2011 10:19:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

endlessness - I apologize for any misunderstanding my post may have caused. I am not "only interested in cactus", I am interested in knowledge. I did not mean to say 'specifically that cactus is all I care about'. I just did not list all of my interests in my initial post. Yes, Cacti was at the forefront of my mind and it was the only thing I mentioned, but cacti are far from "all I care about". The Nexus seems to be a forum where information I am interested in is discussed and shared. I hope that I may be able to positively add to a discussion someday.

I have tried many other psychedelics including various types of mushrooms, LSD, and MDMA. I have had many experiences while I traveled with the Grateful Dead in the 90s and also, in the Electronic Dance Music community. I am not one to boast about my ingestion, therefore I do not feel the need to list anything and everything I have ever tried. I subscribe to a 'Keep it on the Down Low' kind of philosophy. I am not used to posting such things, so forgive me if I seem a bit guarded.

I have no extraction experience, only citrate tea.

I do not have an opinion on a highest alkaloid content cacti strain at this time. I have only experience with 2 different San Pedro's. I currently am growing a T. Peruvianus with blood red spines that I have high hopes for. I will post a review when the time comes. Obviously, net gossip regularly discusses the KK242, P Torches from the Matucana area, the SS clones, Bridgessi, the Torres Torres clone and the Juuls Giant without any definitive conclusions.

Thanks for the Welcome

Would you mind if I use your Signature line "All of these posts are purely fictional and any possible similarities with real events or characters are only coincidences."?