We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
intro essay: my search for answers to questions i don't know Options

closet-chemist1010
#1 Posted : 2/16/2011 8:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear nexus and members,

Swim admits he has been lurking this site for a while now, the information itself is addicting. so much to learn. this site seemed to be the best option for any questions SWIM may have along the way.

SWIM has his own extraction going on

100g of pre-powdered MHRB
100g of Lye
2L water
100 ml naphtha per pull
freeze precip
yields hopefully coming soon.

SWIM believes the nexus community can help him understand what a dmt experience is all about, as he has not tried it yet.
SWIM is nervous because he understands how overwhelming such an experience can be.
nervousness aside, SWIM is very excited to explore hyperspace, starting from small doses of course, with friends and the nexus community.
I will be glad to share any experience or knowledge SWIM learns along the way, and listen to the knowledge or experience other members have to share.
After all, enlightenment is the priority of SWIM, friends, and myself.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 2/17/2011 1:19:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi closet-chemist1010,

welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're well on your way to your first crystal spices... May your yields be plentiful. Being excited, nervous or even anxious before trying spice is a given, even if you've done it a lot.
Make sure you take adequate safety precautions when you decide to dose. What rout of administration will you be going for?

anyway, cheers to elucidation and the ever morphing universe.
much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

closet-chemist1010
#3 Posted : 2/17/2011 3:49:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for a reply enoon,

swim plans on dosing with very close friends, in the safety of his own home.
Swim and all his friends will be dosing at separate times, especially for their first few times to be as safe as possible.
Swim has also made something well known as "the machine" after braking a bottle or two in the process, also this "the machine" is made
from a 26 oz bottle, would you or anyone see a problem with this size of bottle?

cheers to future enlightenment!

closet-chemist1010
#4 Posted : 2/17/2011 4:09:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

perfect Smile

thats how swim was looking at it also, but everywhere he was reading was saying to use a smaller bottle.
Maybe when swim trips he'll tell me to post how well his "the machine" worked, and maybe some pics of the malibu rum bottle he made it from.

BTW, love this place! quick, knowledgeable replies from friendly people =D

Perceptual Reality
#5 Posted : 2/17/2011 5:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let us know how your first extraction turns out! Smile
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

closet-chemist1010
#6 Posted : 2/17/2011 7:28:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first 3 pulls have weighed in at around 500mg total, fourth pull is sitting for 48 hours, depending on yield, a fifth pull or more will be made.
swim has been re-using his naphtha, so the naphtha from pulls 1 and 2, were used again for 3 and 4 etc.
All pulls have freeze precip'd with no evap, so swim plans on evaping the naphtha after several uses to get all the spice out.

swim has obtained ATLEAST a 0.05% content and is not complaining, but would love more in future experiments, hopefully pulling all spice in 3 pulls.
swim also lives in canada and doesnt want to order any bark over the border, so he hopes his suppliers product is rich with the spice Smile

endlessness
#7 Posted : 2/17/2011 7:47:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

You mean 0.5% yield btw.. Where is the bark from?

I think 100ml naphtha per 100g bark is too much naphtha, it might not be saturated enough and hence why you are not getting big yield (unless you have bad bark). Hopefully you didnt throw the naphtha post-freeze away and are reusing it or having it stored? I would suggest evapping it down to a third of original amount and then freezing it again.

Good luck and dont throw the whole bark away yet, keep pulling, use smaller warmer pulls maybe. Good luck!

closet-chemist1010
#8 Posted : 2/17/2011 7:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes sorry 0.5% is correct,

Swims bark is from www.juremaincense.com

swim orders it from there because it is in the same province of same country, very convenient, and ships in 2 days.
nothing has been thrown out, and like stated in my above post, swim working with 2 volumes of naphtha, while one is soaking in bark solution, the other is freeze preciping, back and forth.

I agree 100ml is too much, but with little equipment right now, its hard for swim to seperate 50ml of naptha from a wide jar lol
althought swim does own a tall and narrow graduated cylinder which he hopes to get back from his friend, too pour offthe top of the nahtha and some bark solution, allow it to settle, then siphon the naphtha from that

ive searched the suppliers section but cannot find anything specific on swim's bark source
can anybody else confirm a good yield from bark from www.juremaincense.com?

you guys are great, all this info in such a short time =D

closet-chemist1010
#9 Posted : 2/18/2011 5:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update
swim's scale must have been off due to temperature, as he keeps it in his truck, and its winter where he lives.
his scale was allowed to sit in room temperate and repeatedly gave a reading of 750mg
the 4th and fifth pulls are in the freezer, the naphtha is re-used, i will report back with their yield.
and if swim can find a safe place to evap, i'll report when the spice has been collected from the evap!

Perceptual Reality
#10 Posted : 2/18/2011 8:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should try an extraction using q21q21's tek 2. I got a 1.0% yield off of 100gs of mhrb! Very simple, and quick! Smile
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

closet-chemist1010
#11 Posted : 2/18/2011 9:22:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks perceptual reality.

like the simplicity of STB, followed the general guidelines of nomans and lazy man's tek.

also lye and naphtha were very easy for me to get, within 5 minute drive from my house.

i may attemp an A/B in the future, just want to avoid what seems to be unnecessary trouble Razz

Perceptual Reality
#12 Posted : 2/19/2011 1:52:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do what makes you most comfortable! It's very hard for me to get lye, so q21's A/B tek is the way to go for me. I usually yield after 24 hours! Smile

closet-chemist1010
#13 Posted : 2/20/2011 1:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim would like to do his pulls all within a 48 hour span, but his parents insist he switch between their houses, and is not proper to visit just for the sake of science. but it does give more time for them to freeze precip Smile

napp
#14 Posted : 3/19/2011 12:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey CC,

How did everything go? Can you also advise any info regarding Jurema Incense for the Canadians?

Cheers,

Napp

closet-chemist1010
#15 Posted : 4/19/2011 10:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey napp

this is kind of a late response as I forgot to add this to my watched list, and just decided to look it up Razz

my final yeild was about 1.2 grams to bring me up to a %1.2 the spice in the last 3 pulls was mild yellow, but still dried out nicely.

since then, I completed another extraction on 350g MHRB, which are the remainders of the pound I bought.

my extraction went as follows.

350g MHRB
350g Lye
10L HDPE windsheild washer container, thoroughly cleaned.
200 ml naphtha per pull, 400ml total(1st pull is reused while 2nd pull is freeze precip'ing, etc..)

I don't remember the yield of each pull, but final dry weight was about 3.3g to bring me to a 0.94%.

the nexus made this all happen, without you guys never would have made it this far
Thanks nexus!

happy travels