We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : wich type of substance compares best with iboga?
Choice Votes Statistics
psychedelic tryptamines (DMT, psilocin, bufotenin) 0 0 %
other types of classic hallucinogens (LSD, mescaline, etc.) 0 0 %
nmda-antgonists (ketamine, DXM, NO2) 5 100 %
kappa-opioïd agonists (salvia) 0 0 %
GABA-agonist dissociatives (fly-agaric) 0 0 %

Wich type of substance best compares with iboga? Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:18:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Firstly i found it not to be simmilar to fly-agaric at all, but the longer i think of it, the more i find it to be somewhere in between NO2 and fly-agaric, and having the least simmilarities with tryptamines.
With salvia i have no experience, but i also found iboga to be simmilar to some strains of cannabis indica and since there are crosslinks between opiates and cannabinoids (crosstolerance, salvia affecting CB-receptors under certain conditions, etc.) it could be that this would have to do with kappa-opioïd receptor activity.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

yup.

defo haramloids for me. The visuals can be very similar and the alround feel is also closer to harmaloids than anything else I know.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:54:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i totally forgot about them but you're right. Lot's of simmilarities with harmala's as well.

ouro
#4 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cast my vote for harmalas as well. Even the physical effects are similar.

PS, I haven't tried any dissocs so I can't really compare them.

LandOfOz
#5 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:02:57 AM

Oz

I am in dire need of iboga for a friend but cannot source it. are there any known compounds that same a similar effect on the physiological side of things in regards to addiction centers of the brain?

do any other plants(we know of) produce ibogane?

DiMiTree
#6 Posted : 2/15/2011 8:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is nothing known that rivals iboga's addiction interruption abilities. Even though it is slightly more risky, the risks can be managed in a clinical/controlled setting. Other than that i would suggest a few heavy consecutive ayahuasca sessions in nature. Aya has been documented to help people overcome their addictions. It is imporant to know that these substances aren't 'cures' that fixes ur addiction. They simply reset your mind to a neuroplastic, or preaddictive state. From there the person has to still make a choice weather they will use or not, the plant will not make that choice, but it will help understand that there is a choice.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 2/15/2011 12:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of all the things I have experienced, I would say that the caapi vine is most reminiscent of Iboga for me, especially post Iboga. But there are still obvious and clear differences between the two plants, Iboga very much stands alone in my opinion.

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:26:05 PM

JC

Bancopuma wrote:
Of all the things I have experienced, I would say that the caapi vine is most reminiscent of Iboga for me, especially post Iboga. But there are still obvious and clear differences between the two plants, Iboga very much stands alone in my opinion.

I agree though mehtoxetamine has similiar visual effects to iboga, just the way it effects light, plus the afterglow is excellent with that stuff.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i found this interesting because when i first tried methoxetamine..i thought that it reminded me of iboga..
it's a sound

Infinite I
#10 Posted : 2/15/2011 7:27:55 PM

JC

Jorkest wrote:
i found this interesting because when i first tried methoxetamine..i thought that it reminded me of iboga..

Same here mate, it was like wow have I just done iboga lol

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 2/15/2011 8:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i have some iboga TA sitting in a drawer and after im thoroughly done testing out methoxetamine..i will see side by side how iboga feels..but im not gonna take any mxe after iboga..dont know what sorta interactions could happen..and dont really want to be the test DUMMY
it's a sound

ibeing897
#12 Posted : 2/15/2011 9:06:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got to say this is pretty remarkable... I've never done iboga, but I too drew the comparison... is it possible the 3methoxies are having a similar effect?.. I imagined new brain cells being created but also I thought this could be delusional.... one thing is for sure, MXE helped me kick a 7 year all day marijuana habit that I've struggled with so much.
all posts are fictional

polytrip
#13 Posted : 2/16/2011 9:07:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

NMDA-antagonism is certainly a major aspect of ibogaine's therapeutic quality's. Substances like ketamine are also proven to have both an antidepressant as anti-addictive effect. My experiences with NMDA-antagonists is limited to NO2 and DXM though, so i wouldn't know how ketamine or this new substance compare.
Compared to both DXM as NO2, ibogaine definately has a much more visionary quality to it, wich i think is not based very much on hallucinogenic tryptamine-like action.
I found even that if ibogaine has anything in common with classic hallucinogens it's much more with mescaline or LSD than with DMT or shrooms.
I think it's GABA-agonistic effect could have very much to do with it. It shares this effect with muscimol, and peticularly it's visual effects do seem to be a bit related to fly-agaric. Ibogaine is in fact like a 3-fold dissociative, affecting glutamate, GABA and opioid receptors.
As far as i know this MXE is more limited in the amount of receptors it affects, but it does share opioid (be it another receptor) receptor activity with ibogaine.
The fact that people find it reminiscent of ibogaine, makes me a bit more interested in this substance. Especially if you could have iboga-like visions without being disabled for 3 days i should consider giving this one a try.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 2/19/2011 4:02:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting stuff y'all. Methoxetamine sounds like interesting material.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 2/19/2011 4:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

MXE defo seems to have a similar introspective headspace to iboga aswell. It's been a few years since I've had iboga, but I definately got the same vibe off of MXE. Though with iboga I was more focussed on past memories, with MXE I was more into focussing on issues presented in the present, though that could be more of a case of set and setting than substance.

GratefulDad
#16 Posted : 2/23/2011 11:12:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think iboga is all that much like mxe. Especially when you start getting into the larger dose ranges for either. I would say iboga is in it's own class. It has action on the receptors that many of the substances compared do. In some respects it's like a mix of several of these things, but still no combination I know of is quite like iboga.

Infinite I
#17 Posted : 2/25/2011 8:14:17 PM

JC

It definately is unique but the first time I dosed methoxetamine the way it effected light was just like the aftermath of iboga, the flashing lines that would appear with bright light, only thing ive ever expereinced that had those lines was iboga. Nothing like it but there is something there, best afterglow ive ever had was iboga, methoxetamine is introspective and gives an amazing afterglow too like cappi and iboga. Nothing compares to iboga totally unique but methoxetamine has a lot of similarities, does feel like your being healed which I was shocked with for a new rc.

polytrip
#18 Posted : 2/26/2011 1:19:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It realy looks like the activity for each receptor has a different threshold, so that it starts differing more and more from common dissociatives when the dose increases.
The first noticeable effects are not those of kappa-opioid affecting substances, GABA-dissociatives or tryptamines but close to NMDA-dissociatives and caapi. I never had doses where i realy had tryptamine-like effects allthough i had some flashes of fractalic imagery at 5 grams.

I don't know what causes caapi to have it's typical effects, because it's clearly so much more than just MAO-inhibition, but there must be strong simmilarities in pharmacological effects of ibogaine and harmala's.

I once took a small amount of iboga root bark with ayahuasca and i also took small amounts of iboga with caapi and shrooms and with those mixtures i had effects that where exactly like what people describe with doses of over 10 grams of rootbark (nighvision, the feeling of falling very fast, flashes of light especially when things move, leading to flashing tracers, etc), so there is definately a very powerfull (and in large doses potentially lethal) synergy between caapi and iboga.

I was planning to do it again this weekend, but i catched a serious influenza somewhere that may very well have a mexican heritage, judging from it's severity and i dedided to stall it untill i regained some of my youthfull energy.