We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro Essay :] Options

sprite
#1 Posted : 2/14/2011 5:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone... I guess this is my intro essay.

So, I'm 21 years old, living in New York. I'm highly interested in psychedelics and have been for quite some time now. Just for full disclosure, I'll state the drugs I have experience with: DXM, Marijuana, Psilocybin, Salvia, and Cocaine. I still DXM and smoke weed on occasion. The cocaine was a temporary thing in high school, never did it more times than I can count on my fingers, and is not something I care for at all. I have no interest in cocaine or any other drugs like that. I have done psilocybin 5 times, twice with DXM, which was amazing. I want to do it much more, but it's hard to get my hands on it, especially since I am so cautious with who I choose to trust with that sort of thing.

I have never done DMT before but my fiance and I are planning to very soon, and I am so excited. I have been mentally prepping and looking forward to this for years now. We are also going to do Ayahuasca, which I think will be an amazing experience, and perhaps a good thing to try before delving into DMT.

I've always been extremely interested in expanding my consciousness and understanding through the use of psychedelics. I don't think that enlightenment and fulfillment can be only achieved through the usage of such substances, but I think they're completely valid and important tools in expanding our minds, and I am so excited to explore the potential of their power.

I'm looking forward to these experiences and I can't wait to talk about them with the people here... I've been reading the posts and it seems like an awesome place to talk about the extraordinary capacity of these mental journeys.
What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ihrhase
#2 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is from NY, long island to be more precise...

Quote:
The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.

Terence McKenna

sprite
#3 Posted : 2/16/2011 2:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you feel comfortable being even more precise, where in Long Island?
What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven.

Ihrhase
#4 Posted : 2/17/2011 12:14:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All over Long Island... SWIM is in Florida Now, Prefers the weather and the freedom...
Quote:
The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.

Terence McKenna

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/17/2011 8:05:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I think you're right about these substances being no enlightening pills but possible useful tools. I wish you and your fiancee good luck with your future experiences. What dosage are you thinking of caapi? What will you use as dmt-containing admixture? I suggest first taking caapi by itself till you find the point where you feel effects but arent overwhelmingly dizzy or something, and then add the admixture slowly next times

What about dmt, any extraction planned for that? If so, what tek?

See ya!

Enoon
#6 Posted : 2/18/2011 11:45:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome,

Did I get this right, you mixed DXM with mushrooms?? brrr... I wonder what that would be like...
I also share the view that psychedelics cannot by themselves lead to enlightenment (and what is that anyway?). And tbh I'm glad they can't. It's much more interesting the way it is - exploring the mystery of being with no fast or definite answers; there always being a layer beneath the last layer, and always more to uncover and bring into the light. In a way, personally, I hope I never find what I'm looking for... I enjoy the search and the questions too much, the development that leads me on through the maze of this experience.

In any case though, even for specific positive changes more is needed than *just* psychedelics IMO. Your commitment to (this) change is essential, without it nothing will ever change (you).

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

sprite
#7 Posted : 2/20/2011 8:27:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness-

Well, for the ayahuasca, we're getting it from salviasupply.com, so... it's just straight ayahuasca - we're not planning to use an admixture. I'm still not sure how much to take though, not too sure what the right dosage is...

As for the DMT, we would ideally like to extract it ourselves, but we don't have a source yet... =/ DMT is harder to obtain, for obvious reasons. We're going to look further into it after trying out the ayahuasca.

Thanks for the welcome! Smile

Enoon -

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, we mixed DXM and mushroom, and found the two to be incredibly synergistic. It was wonderful. And I agree - I love exploring the layers and labyrinth of the experience.

Ihrhase - Yes, Florida is really nice. My father also prefers the weather there over LI. Razz