We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Despair, Joy, and the number 27 Options

Kaids
#1 Posted : 2/14/2011 3:21:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there Nexus,
Although this is my first post on the forum, I feel that I already owe so many of you a profound thank you! I have been surfing around the site for a good few months as a guest, reading some of the PDF files and browsing through the forum, and I can honestly say that I am amazed at the amount of legitimate caring and openness that takes place here. After experiencing some intensly crazy life events over the past few months, I feel that I have begun to integrate some deeper understandings and insights that may be of value to others here, and so I signed up for an account. Some of the things which have drawn me here are still too painful for me to honestly express with written words, but I will try to give a general overview:

I really got into psychedelics about a year and a half ago after unknowingly moving into a house with some really psychedelic people. I had been moving towards the esoteric/philosophical side of life slowly and unconsciously through the english degree I was pursuing at University, and the rampant amounts of LSD and other compounds that were around really grabbed me. Before I knew what was even happening, I found myself taking moderately powerful recreational trips with a bunch of kids who had been doing the whole concert, trip, and play music thing for quite some time. At the time, I had quite an ego on me, built up through years of defensive living and narcissistic ideals. Needless to say, the new psychedelic experiences I was having seemed like a great time, and my ego jumped at the opportunity to propel itself even higher, and soon I found myself living in a delusional reality of self importance and false wisdom. This all came crashing down on me one night when I took a high dose of LSD combined with some san pedro with a large group of said people in the middle of the woods and overheard one of them stating their displeasure at my presence. I went and laid down in a ditch and proceeded to be dragged through some very dark and unpleasant sectors of my psyche, basically undergoing an 8 hour panic attack with no one to offer any words of support or love.

At the time, I had no intellectual understanding of what these drugs do to base any semblance of integration off of. I stored it in the back of my mind and basically ran away from the whole situation, going on a year long travel adventure to New Zealand, looking for something, anything to allieviate the newly discovered emptiness within my existence. I was successful in this to a certain extent, journeying with San Pedro on 4 occasions, and attending a 10 day Vipassana meditation retreat. However, after the whole trip was over, I came back to my hometown only to realize just how deep my psychological wounds really were. Despite my increased level of awareness and understanding, I still had not even begun to really take control of my ego, and this again came back to bite me.

Upon coming back, I found myself slipping into a fairly thorough depression, having to work and relate to people outside of my girlfriend. I felt no connection with the people around me, and it soon became clear that the feeling was mutual. At the end of that summer, I went on a backpacking trip with all of my long time best friends, and made the unwise decision to take mushrooms with them. Under normal circumstances, it would have been epic. However, I was completely unprepared for the absurd amount of anxiety lurking just under the surface...I spent the next 48 hours in a living hell, being torn apart by my own inherent thinking processes, and I even took off sprinting into the mountains by myself with nothing other than a bottle of pepper spray. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now. Apparently not.

About a month after the mountain adventure, I made another unwise decision...I decided to drive down to Colorado to attend a rave-ish concert event taking place over a couple days at Red Rocks with a group of kids I had grown somewhat uncomfortable around. Pretty much same story again-Took a bunch of acid and had another very shocking and profound anxiety attack, and I spent the rest of the concert trying to fight the urge to kill myself, although I wasn't very successful.

After this, I was understandably shaken to the very core of my being. Through multiple "bad trips" I had managed to create within myself an easily diagnosable anxiety disorder which led into a hearty depression. I got myself into counseling and began the long long road of trying to analyze my irrational thinking processes into submission. I was in school at the time, and the perceived destruction of my entire social life seemed insurmountable. Then I really started listening to what these experiences had to say...

This all took place at the beginning of this year, and since that time, I have made some pretty significant progress towards releasing the past and fully stepping into my own being, which is what I was vaguely attempting to do when I first began the whole process a couple years ago. I have experienced pain and suffering which I would have not thought possible before psychedelics, and for a long time I allowed myself to be trapped in the false construct of self-pity and despair. Now, 6 months down the road from any significant traumas, I am finally starting to see joy, and it's true joy, a real happiness and appreciation for life that I can feel budding slowly within myself. It's been a long journey to get here, but I am moving closer to being able to live in the moment, and because of that, I would not take a single one of my experiences back.

Wow, I just gave a very rambling attempt at an introduction essay...Anyway, to sum it all up, psychedelics have opened my eyes to all the facets of life, the good and the bad, and I hope that I can give back to this community of open, loving people in some real and tangible way in the months and years to come. Thanks for reading all, much love.

Kaids

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Thebatman
#2 Posted : 2/14/2011 5:38:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice read man, I am sorry you had to go through those horrifying experiences, but glad you were able to take away things from them. I always have said, if it doesnt kill you it only makes you stronger, and you seem to be a very strong individual. Im curious, have you had any experience with spice?

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 2/14/2011 7:42:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

your not alone my brother. i too had a period of terrifying trips on the entire spectrum of substances. until i stopped for a good while and really thought hard and implemented the lessons i was able to squeeze out of these "bad" trips they would just continue. (i dont feel there is such thing as a bad trip btw)

it took a lot of self reflection and i even got on the phone and wrote letters to people from my past. some who wronged me some whom i wronged. i even spilled my guts on this very forum in effort to free myself from that past. there was not tool at my disposal i wasn't willing to try.

ya see... what it was that i did right in a list of wrongs was i took action. i certainly didn't get to the bottom of all my life baggage, and i didn't always find forgiveness at the other end of the line but i took action. at times the only action that was possible was to forgive myself. this has proven to be the most difficult.

i realized as im sure you did that we cant escape ourselves. this is why a bad trip is so f***king bad. there's no where to run or hide and no one to fight or chase away. your stuck with you. every last part of you.
once that's not a bad thing, your trips will reflect this. until then don't worry about taking these substances. they aren't going anywhere. work on you, love you, forgive you....the rest will follow.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.