We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
farmer here Options

farmer
#1 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:00:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for providing this informative and interesting forum. I look forward to gaining much insight and knowledge. Mainly a mushroom enthusiast, my introduction to ayahuasca took place 3 years ago. I was fortunate enough to attend a ceremony held by a visiting maestro ayahuasquero from Peru with about 30 other people. The experience, without going into tedious detail, was visionary and profoundly changed my attitudes about entheogens and plant teachers. I have taken the maestros brew 6 times since then and the lessons have always been helpful, sometimes difficult. I have tried to adopt the approach and attitude from that first experience in my mushroom ceremonies with beneficial results. Lately, I've been pondering the idea of experimenting with making a jurema brew. So I find myself here seeking tips and information towards making a mimosa/rue potion. So far I have settled on a recipe found in the book Pharmako/Gnosis by Dale Pendell but I am still open to suggestions. My preference is for working with the plants in their natural state. Although the chemistry of extractions is fascinating, my instincts tell me a long slow journey with a potion will suit me better.
All the best to you.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

narmz
#2 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You seem like a cool dude! Welcome!

I actually don't know much about the rue brew, I heard enough about nausea associated with it to do a simple extraction. It really only takes a wee bit of work to pull the harmalas out of the rue, and you'd still be getting a good array of alks that define rue pretty well.

Anyhow, take a look around the forum, if ya search i'm sure there's stuff hidden around here regarding this combo.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Would you share with us this recipe so that we can give feedback on it?

Personally I think doing a rue extraction is worth it, at least a crude manske extract, to get rid of the unwanted alkaloids that are in rue appart from harmalas. Check the wiki harmala extraction guide, you can do it with foodsafe material, its easy enough.

But yeah you can also try at least once doing with whole rue, I did that before but now I preffer either caapi for full brew or extracting rue alkaloids.

Good luck! Hope to see more from you around!