We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT Suspects Will Serve Three-Year Probation Options

MelCat
#1 Posted : 2/13/2011 6:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Taken from this link.
Quote:
Former Georgetown student Charles Smith and former University of Richmond student John Perrone were convicted Friday for attempted and unlawful manufacture of the controlled substance Dimethyltryptamine, a D.C. code violation. They will be placed on probation for three years.
Smith and Perrone were arrested on Oct. 23 on suspicion of producing one gram of DMT in Smith's Harbin dorm room, enough for roughly 10 doses, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Perrone had printed instructions off the Internet and purchased the materials necessary to produce DMT, including ammonia, acetone and paint thinner. Smith had agreed to pay for half of the materials, he said at Friday's hearing at the U.S. District Court. The DMT was produced for personal use, not for sale and distribution.
"It was for personal use," Perrone said. "I might have shared it with others, but that was not the plan. The plan was not to manufacture a bunch and sell it."
Smith and Perrone decided to make DMT, as opposed to other drugs, because of the relative ease and low risk of producing it. It does not carry the same risk of explosion as methamphetamine, for example.
"The process itself is simple and less dangerous than many other things," Smith said at the hearing.
Smith and Perrone used ammonia, acetone and paint thinner to extract the drug from a Mimosa root-bark. They then sealed the DMT in six mason jars, which they placed in a Styrofoam cooler filled with dry ice to allow the drug to crystallize, according to Perrone.
The Georgetown Department of Public Safety arrived while the DMT was in the process of crystallizing and immediately took Smith and Perrone into custody.
"I have never consumed DMT in my life. Didn't get that far," Perrone said.
At a hearing at the U.S. District Court on Oct. 28 following the arrest, Smith and Perrone were released to the custody of their parents in Andover, Mass. Their next court date was set for Jan. 24. That hearing was cancelled, however, as their lawyers and the prosecution reached a plea agreement.
On Friday, the two sides passed a joint, non-binding sentence recommendation for the defendants of six months in prison, with an execution of sentence suspended probation of three years after the defendants pled guilty.
With an ESS probation, the defendants will not serve their sentence in jail but will be put on probation for three years.
If they complete probation without any violations, the conviction will be expunged from their record; the arrest will remain, however. Violation of the terms of probation could result in them serving their original prison sentence. Pending input from the Probation Office, the sentence will be finalized with potential modifications within three weeks.
Until then, Smith and Perrone will continue living with their parents on release at their Massachusetts homes. Neither is currently enrolled in a university.

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Crystalito
#2 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:24:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
producing one gram of DMT in Smith's Harbin dorm room,

Always a bad idea: Dorm rooms, parent's house are a no go...I think though that the "why nots" of such places have been analysed ad nauseum in the Nexus.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:16:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm happy they just recieved a "relativly" mild sentence, knowing how harsh US sentencing can be.

burnt
#4 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:57:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

How sad. Two young mens lives partially ruined over something so utterly trivial --> a few doses of dmt. Probation is relatively mild sentence but still their lives are going to suck. Piss tests constant risk of going back to jail. Plus difficulty getting back into a university. I assume they were kicked out of school for this one. That sucks.

More victims in the war on drugs.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 2/13/2011 1:02:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

It's a bad thing that these two humans are getting so much trouble over something so trivial.

On the light side though, this made me smile:
www.thehoya.com wrote:
On Friday, the two sides passed a joint
Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Not Sure
#6 Posted : 2/13/2011 5:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

On the light side though, this made me smile:
www.thehoya.com wrote:
On Friday, the two sides passed a joint
Laughing

I laughed when I read that as well. I pictured them passing around a joint while sorting out the punishment. Both sides unite under herbal refreshments...
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

proto-pax
#7 Posted : 2/13/2011 6:15:44 PM

bird-brain

Holy shit they got lucky. Just shows what a decent lawyer and money can do...
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

actualfactual
#8 Posted : 2/13/2011 6:26:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad they only got probation.

Quote:
Smith and Perrone decided to make DMT, as opposed to other drugs, because of the relative ease and low risk of producing it. It does not carry the same risk of explosion as methamphetamine, for example.

I'm sure they were having a conversation

"Hey bro, should we cook meth or extract DMT?"
"Well bro, DMT is realtively easy and there is less risk. It doesn't carry the same risk of explosion as methamphetamine."
"Yeah you are right. We will just extract DMT this time"

Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes

Soulshine
#9 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heh, i also re-read the "the two sides passed a joint" prob three times before i moved on with the rest of the scentence, lol. Then i saw i wasn't the only one Laughing

Well this def isn't a landmark case. I still don't believe how much trouble they got in for such a small amount (obviously my view point is subjective). There have been a few times when i wondered to myself, "what would i do if i ever got caught?"

As careful as i am about being on the sly with my extractions, there is all ways a chance of getting caught. I supose i would try to fight it in every way possible, and hopefully the right people would back me. Scary thought...

Soulshine
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

autophagia
#10 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soulshine,
I did the exact same thing!!!

I wonder how it exactly came to the attention of the authorities, while it is extremely stupid to manufacture DMT in a dorm room, perhaps that wasn't the whole reason to why they got caught. I don't want to sound too paranoid, but perhaps the authorities were monitoring their online purchasing habits. Does anyone have more information on this?
"The mind acts like an enemy for those who cannot control it." -Krishna

Shaolin
#11 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:41:55 PM

Stiletto Stoner

aloneits wrote:
I'm glad they only got probation.

Quote:

I'm sure they were having a conversation

"Hey bro, should we cook meth or extract DMT?"
"Well bro, DMT is realtively easy and there is less risk. It doesn't carry the same risk of explosion as methamphetamine."
"Yeah you are right. We will just extract DMT this time"

Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes

Made me smile Very happy
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Soulshine
#12 Posted : 2/13/2011 7:50:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

autophagia wrote:
Soulshine,
I did the exact same thing!!!

I wonder how it exactly came to the attention of the authorities, while it is extremely stupid to manufacture DMT in a dorm room, perhaps that wasn't the whole reason to why they got caught. I don't want to sound too paranoid, but perhaps the authorities were monitoring their online purchasing habits. Does anyone have more information on this?

Seems to be a common pattern with jointsSmile Most online stores have privacy policies dont they? Unless the authorities go to your personal account you're prob ok. Although im sure there are some monitored items that occasionally get red flagged...
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

autophagia
#13 Posted : 2/13/2011 8:00:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I defiantly don't think that the vendors are selling out their own customers. I guess I just want to take this event as a learning experience and try and work out as much detail as I can so that no one else will make the same mistakes they did. Obviously working in a dorm was probably their biggest problem, but I feel like just that alone doesn't explain why they got caught. It might be an impossible task, but if we can find out exactly why they got caught, it would give a better insight into the workings of the DEA and local authorities.

zubidlo
#14 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:12:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^
more great news like this and Jurema will get scheduled all around the globe. Makes me worriedCrying or very sad
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

proto-pax
#15 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:38:09 PM

bird-brain

Weren't they selling JWH sprayed herbs as well?

Maybe that was another school.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

autophagia
#16 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:39:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^^^

if that is true *facepalm*.

Xt
#17 Posted : 2/14/2011 3:01:35 PM

Perhaps the people in this position should become martyr's for the cause and dedicate the duration of their probation towards campaigning for drug policy reform.

I feel that would be the best way to spend those frustrating years. Perhaps a way to transmute shit into gold.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Rivea
#18 Posted : 2/14/2011 3:36:14 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

These guys took unnecessary risk doing this in the place they did it given the legal environment. However, they are yet two more victims of the misguided if not unconstitutional 'war on drugs'.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

SKA
#19 Posted : 2/14/2011 3:44:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Allthough a college dorm is one of the most STUPID places to perform DMT extractions, we should not forget about the Father and Son who, some time ago, were busted for extracting DMT in their home.
I suppose either a hidden shack or your home would be the prefered place to extract DMT and appearantly even THAT isn't "safe" anymore. Remember how the cop just stepped inside the house without a warrant? I'm pretty sure someone who has a DMT extraction going on in their house wouldn't just grant a cop permission to search their house.

That is why we need CEL to become more active and present in the media. Soon it won't matter if people perform stupid, wreckless extractions in Dorms or in their drug-naive parents' house.
If we do not claim and defend our right to explore our own consciousness, people will be more and more monitored and more and more people will be busted for performing legally questionable extractions in their homes.
What has CEL to say about this? Is CEL allready an official organisation/foundation?

Lavos
#20 Posted : 2/14/2011 4:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

autophagia wrote:

This can easily happen. Not sure why it happened to me, but it did. Within a week of extracting I had a strange new friend around. 3 days later I dumped him and my goods. I had been having inconsistencies with my internet connection, but didn't think of it immediately. After avoiding this guy, I caught an ip address that kept showing and reverse looked it up. The ISP was not a commons one, and the location fit the background of my new friend. They don't need a great reason to monitor you.

Really sucks to live around these wolves, our world leaders, none of whom acknowledge the immense potential for human race development contained in these chemicals. We must remember our position daily to stay safe.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

12NEXT