We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Hair Growth help Options

Shaolin
#21 Posted : 2/14/2011 9:23:50 PM

Stiletto Stoner

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

Women often don't give the same importance to looks as men do. Plus how do you know what she likes ?

I don't know but i could understand.

a) You could understand that she likes shaved heads
b) You could understand that she likes unshaved heads

A or B ?Pleased
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ibeing897
#22 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:03:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
, if a girl doesn't like you because you don't have hair, then that's really superficial and I use it as a filter

So, a girl should not go for looks, is that what you are saying? Because looks do matter to me and i could totally understand if a girl does not get interested in me because of my thinning hair. I think you are just trying to calm your nerves.

Calm your nerves? Why would it make me nervous?? You're in no position to say that, I think you're being rude- what an asshole thing to say in regards my positive post BTW, if you've got hair, then you're making a conceited judgement about a huge amount of men, believe me you'd never have said that to me in person. You need to read what you quoted again more closely. "If a girl doesn't like you", that does not say a girl shouldn't go for looks. Also I DO think that girls should not go for looks, if you're going for looks you're gonna be disappointed in relationships, unless all you're looking for is sex. Looks matter as a moment of initial attraction and that's only a small part of a loving relationship, a girl may not get it on with you because they're don't find you attractive, but if they don't LIKE you just because of your hair then they're stuck up idiots - you can't judge a person by their looks and if you think you can, then you're a fool. By the way, thinning hair may not LOOK good, but it does not make you unattractive, it's normally a cultural ideal that causes that, a huge amount of men lose their hair before 30 (over 30%, 50% at 50) and head hair is only one feature on the human body.

"Calm your nerves", so you're saying bald men should be nervous about their looks?. what a jerk - you know it's not too soon for you to lose your hair.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#23 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:11:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't listen to people like obliguhl... he thinks bald men should be nervous, they're the type of people that perpetuate the stereotype. If you're losing your hair you don't have to worry about being unattractive and be comfortable about it no matter what they say... you don't have to be nervous about it (lol, dumbass). First of all there are plenty of women that look beyond that, someone else made a good point about women not being as interested in looks as men. It's generally sleazy men who get obsessed with that, if you're the type of guy who would rather have an attractive person as a mate with no strength of character or personality, then I think you're shallow... pathetic even. If you want to be attractive, you don't need to worry about hair, you need to worry about being a good person, it helps to be funny, have a strong character, be successful in life and be healthy, as long as you're not a jerk you'll be OK. Lacking confidence because your hair is thinning doesn't help, obliguhl's comment does not help with confidence, but these are the kinds of comments you've got to ignore. Several comments about shaving it off suggest a flaw that is not present, if it looks better, do it, but it may not. I trim, I don't shave it all off, cuz it looks shit.

Also people should read up on the evolutionary theories behind baldness, don't forget it's a progressive state, modern genetics... a prevailing theory at the moment is that men evolved baldness to look older and therefore wiser... this trait may not be the thing that all young girls are looking for, but it does have benefits that may not be immediately obvious.
all posts are fictional

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 2/15/2011 9:15:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I can understand both. Every person got a different taste, in theory.
I just can't understand, why a girl is "superficial" if she does not find you attractive (at first sight, mind you!) because of hairloss. I, myself would certainly not find it attractive, therefore my understanding for girls who don't like it.

Quote:
what a jerk - you know it's not too soon for you to lose your hair.

Well, i am balding, and its a problem for me. If it is not for you, the better it is.
But you are being at least very emotional about it.

Shaolin
#25 Posted : 2/15/2011 10:24:50 AM

Stiletto Stoner

obliguhl wrote:

I just can't understand, why a girl is "superficial" if she does not find you attractive (at first sight, mind you!) because of whatever.

I totally agree. We all have preferences.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Spock's Brain
#26 Posted : 2/15/2011 11:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recommend viewing some Star Trek The Next Generation. Captain Picard has a really bald head, and also He's a seriously awesome badass and as some females have attested too "a damn sexy man," also my own Dad had a sign on His desk that said, "God only made so many perfect heads, the rest He covered with hair."
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

ibeing897
#27 Posted : 2/15/2011 4:11:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

I can understand both. Every person got a different taste, in theory.
I just can't understand, why a girl is "superficial" if she does not find you attractive (at first sight, mind you!) because of hairloss. I, myself would certainly not find it attractive, therefore my understanding for girls who don't like it.

Quote:
what a jerk - you know it's not too soon for you to lose your hair.

Well, i am balding, and its a problem for me. If it is not for you, the better it is.
But you are being at least very emotional about it.

Hey man, it's all good.. but I'm not getting emotional about it, I tried to say in my first post that it was a big problem for me when it started happening.. but then I got over it... so I'm not emotional about it any more... I'm trying to share how I got over it. I do understand that it's not that great looking... but if you look up the definition of superficial - Superficial is an adjective generally meaning "regarding to the surface", often metaphorically. Both in the literal as in the metaphorical sense the term has often a negative connotation based on the idea that deeper parts are also important to consider.

So they are being superficial- right? I know a lot of people who do it, I'm just saying its not right... even if 100% of people did it, it still wouldn't be right.... but also in my experience, honestly, it's that confidence thing that causes the unattractiveness, and that's caused by the stigma - I think...

I don't even think it is unattractive to girls in general, I think a lot of young girls look away from bald/balding men because culturally they've been told that it's unattractive and that myth is perpetuated by this irrational stigma.. you know there is big difference between actual beauty and what is considered to attractive in society at the time... there is cultural beauty and that changes all the time throughout history... but the forces of attraction are beyond culture... a lot of people buy into culture, but it's not the right thing to do. It does anger me when the stigma is perpetuated... basically we've all got to stop doing that.
all posts are fictional

Not Sure
#28 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess I am pretty shallow. Looks are very important for me to be in a relationship. Hair is VERY attractive to me and its one thing I notice first. It may be instinctual to go for the person with a healthier head of hair because it represents good health.

I am a male and my instincts look for different things in a mate than a female would. I think the male looks for a healthy mate to produce offspring, a female looks for a male that can protect her and her children, attractive looks seem to be secondary for women.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

ibeing897
#29 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not Sure wrote:
I guess I am pretty shallow. Looks are very important for me to be in a relationship. Hair is VERY attractive to me and its one thing I notice first. It may be instinctual to go for the person with a healthier head of hair because it represents good health.

I am a male and my instincts look for different things in a mate than a female would. I think the male looks for a healthy mate to produce offspring, a female looks for a male that can protect her and her children, attractive looks seem to be secondary for women.

You wouldn't be the only one, I'm shallow towards looks myself, humans are pathetic in this respect. I guess we should all get used to being ugly unattractive losers- where's the nearest tall building, I want to jump off.
all posts are fictional

obliguhl
#30 Posted : 2/15/2011 6:55:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
. I guess we should all get used to being ugly unattractive losers- where's the nearest tall building, I want to jump off.

Now we are starting to understand each other Very happy
But really, good to hear you got over it. I always notice that my hairy situation doesnt feel too bad if i'm in a good frame of mind. So there is hope left. And Picard...well, he's a badass ..maybe that's why im sad about the hair thing...because that's all i got ...beyond that is a pit full of "damn my life" ...but only one person can change that.

And today is a very nice day Smile

ibeing897
#31 Posted : 2/15/2011 7:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
. I guess we should all get used to being ugly unattractive losers- where's the nearest tall building, I want to jump off.

Now we are starting to understand each other Very happy
But really, good to hear you got over it. I always notice that my hairy situation doesnt feel too bad if i'm in a good frame of mind. So there is hope left. And Picard...well, he's a badass ..maybe that's why im sad about the hair thing...because that's all i got ...beyond that is a pit full of "damn my life" ...but only one person can change that.

And today is a very nice day Smile

I'm not over it completely obviously, I mean I get reminders about it like this and I do think we live in a really really terrible world, you should be sad about it and I do think people will treat you differently because of it....it's unfair, but this is the shit I got used to, I don't care how I look, I'm more into how I sound (music). We dont live in the future, Picard's world, hopefully one day are descendants will... I want people to feel confident and happy with themselves, but honestly I don't even know if they should... the wave of opinion on this is disheartening. Sorry I'm having a bad day, shouldn't even be posting.
all posts are fictional

corpus callosum
#32 Posted : 2/15/2011 7:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I started losing my hair aged 12-13 and fortunately it never caused me much psychological distress.I keep my head shaved and have a beard which is only a couple of inches long now.At one time it was longer than a fist but this always caused me a fair bit of hassle as alot of people thought I was about to blow them upLaughing Laughing
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Madcap
#33 Posted : 2/16/2011 3:27:55 AM

illudium Q-36

Alright..... I knew I was going to be a balding guy early on. Maybe 15 years old. I don't remember when I started to be self conscious about it. By the time I was 23, I was keeping my hair really short to avoid drawing attention to the lack of hair. I don't really know if it was effecting my attractiveness. I have never been the type to just "pick up" girls. I had girlfriends, I had dates... I also had rejections.

Skip ahead to about the time I was 29-30. I decided that the balding look was no good for me. I shaved my head right to the skin.

I wish I had done it when I was 20. Maybe even earlier. I try not to gauge my happiness by how my luck with the ladies is....but all of a sudden, I was not only getting rejected less, but I was being approached by women I found attractive. Allot of this came from the confidence that I felt because I really liked the way I looked (more than I had since I was in my teens) But allot of it also came from the fact that I really did look better.

IME... balding looks bad. Bald looks good.

Do it to it. You've got nothing to lose (true as it gets)
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

ibeing897
#34 Posted : 2/16/2011 3:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a bit lit on MXE at the moment so I'm much more positive Smile - Madcaps post is good. It's true you know, it's all about confidence, it's about how you feel you look. Don't forget it's 30% of men lose it before 30... it's not a sign of bad health, it's got evolution on it's side.
all posts are fictional

soulfood
#35 Posted : 2/20/2011 12:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I wish I had a nice little local herb shop with cute little jars. Sad

Anyway on the subject, if I was thinning even ever so slightly I'd wax my head then go to the gym and get real buff. 'Ard as fuck Smile

Seriously though, people can still look very good and healthy without hair. My good friend has been thinning for a few years and he was humping the dream with a baseball cap and a pony tail, but now he's shaved it all off. It looks awesome... kind of cheeky in a way, just try not to look angry because it will magnify it 1000x.

I shaved my head just for the hell of it. I think it's empowering Smile

PREV12