We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Hair Growth help Options

Cheeto
#1 Posted : 2/10/2011 10:12:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a friend i would like to help out, he has anxiety problems like me, but one of his biggest problems to him is his hair, he is only 28 and its thining out and slightly balding. He will not ever take his hat off in front of anybody, even me his closest friend.

He has a very stressful life, so i imagine that would have something to do with it, is there any product anyone can recommend. I could do a search, but with so many products its easy to get ripped off, i would rather buy a product one of you might recommend, something you know works from experience or from someone you know.

They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Sally
#2 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:06:23 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Sea kelp tablets may be useful. I know a fair few people who have tried them, their hair has thickened considerably and grown a lot faster than usual.

Hope that helps,
Much love,
Sally
xx

ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 2/11/2011 1:00:39 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I dont know if your friend is willing to try this but thought id put it up

Snake and Fo Ti Root

In ancient China, people who were going bald might be told to catch a green grass snake and put it in a silk bag. Helium.com reports that the snake was then supposed to be pounded and mixed with Fo Ti root, and then the mixture was to be boiled and put under a full moon for three days. According to the 8th century B.C. remedy, after the three days the mixture was smeared on the scalp and left there for two nights and a day. This Chinese herbal remedy was not only supposed to help grow hair, it was also supposed to keep you from going gray.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.co...-remedies/#ixzz1DbjfSRms
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

camakazi
#4 Posted : 2/11/2011 1:32:02 AM

RUN DMT

realisticly I dont think theres any proven way to stop hair loss let alone regrow it. My friend went bald at the age of 15, his old man totally bald as well... its genetic, something like testosterone (sp) levels being too high.
I got a shit load of hair that I've not had cut since I joined the nexus Smile, but its rife with them bloody grays now, damn pissed me off at first cause I'm only 25 and I see grandads n shit strutting about with less gray than me.
Fuck it! thats my attitude to it these days, I mean I could be lookin like sloth from the Goonies or something, theres always some poor soul much worse off.

I swear to God though... If one more person points out (as if I didnae notice) that I'm rockin a few graystophers... I'll kill um Very happy

pea suit
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

LandOfOz
#5 Posted : 2/11/2011 2:16:04 AM

Oz

get used to it. i mean look at walter white, that guy went from sheepish chemist to badass overnight from chemo Razz /joke

there's 4 compounds i know of with real effects. all prescription. go to a well informed doctor.

Cheeto
#6 Posted : 2/11/2011 2:35:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know from experience, but i'm sure there would be something that helps hair grow. Isn't that what the hair club for men is about?

I would just say fuck it, but i'm trying to help a freind, so i will do all i can to help. Going to the doctor is out of the question(not much $$ to play with), why would you need a perscription for hair growth anyway...can you abuse hair growth chemicals? Anyway, doctor would be the last resort...i really do want to help him get his hair back so he can feel better about himself.

I'm not too sure about the snake in a bag thing, sounds a bit out there, maybe it works, but i'm sure there is an easier route.

I guess i will buy him some of the sea kelp tablets to start with, and if that dosen't work i guess i'll save up some cash and try to convince him to goto a doctor.

Thanx all for your help, much appreciated.

They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 2/11/2011 4:25:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

In the majority of cases of premature balding in men if you look very closely at the scalp you will see tiny little hairs growing over the bald area.Two medications which can definitely help these to flourish are topical finasteride and topical minoxidil BUT this does require ongoing use to maintain their effects.If you stop using them the hairloss again becomes apparent.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Curiouskid
#8 Posted : 2/11/2011 5:30:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A fresh, raw pure organic diet from mostly fruits, veggies, nuts, sea weeds... Away from the processed craps and from a lot of chemicals wich means avoiding washing with shampoo and so, going to nature, breathing fresh air, drinking pure wild water, playing, taking the sun... Might fight this genetic prdisposition a bit Pleased

Oh and also maybe avoiding to wear a hat, that might cause an oxygen deprivation or some stuff alike, breathing from the toes to the skull!...

Just some ideas, hope that helps
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

pau
#9 Posted : 2/11/2011 5:48:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

San Pedro, no kidding! This is just one of many links out there discussing the medicinal aspects of San Pedro and many other cacti, including peyote:
http://www.cactus-seeds.com/Articles/MedicalCacti.html

This is why T-pach juice is so good for you.
WHOA!

breakMYhead
#10 Posted : 2/11/2011 1:31:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Buy a pair of hair clippers. Shave that shit off.

Man up.

Hair does not maketh the man. If a person is that concerned about how they look they are better persuing a fix to that issue than spending excessive money on quackery or chemicals to to try and cover up the enivitable.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

Cheeto
#11 Posted : 2/11/2011 2:52:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

breakMYhead wrote:
Buy a pair of hair clippers. Shave that shit off.

Man up.

Hair does not maketh the man. If a person is that concerned about how they look they are better persuing a fix to that issue than spending excessive money on quackery or chemicals to to try and cover up the enivitable.

quackery or chemicals to to try and cover up the enivitable? You mean we have all these advancements in drugs and health yet they can't figure out the secret of hair?

I don't think he is actually balding, hair just thinning out. True on fixing the anxiety problem(Social Anxiety/Social Phobia) and not worrying about the hair, but anxiety is a much harder fix and requires alot more money and therapy. To a person who is having to not eat healthy or much in quantity because they have to save every penny just to pay the monthly bills(Power, water, Rent), even a one time doctor visit he could not afford.

And yes i know about the hat making it worse, i have told him that myself, at first his hair was thinning just a little bit, then comes the hat that never comes off unless he is sleeping(with no one around). for about 10-12 years he has had that hat on.

"flourish are topical finasteride and topical minoxidil"

I'll move to these if the sea kelp dosen't work for him.

He really has it hard, so even having the time to deal with his personal problems(anxiety) is less important because he is struggling to pay the bills and always on the edge of not affording it. He supports his crazy mom who he can't help but to help her as for feeling guilt for not helping her, and she absolutly dosen't know how to appreciate anything, to her everything is always someone else's fault, she wastes money yet dosen't have a Job, she wastes utillity energy yet can't pitch in on the bill. She spent the money out of his change jar($100+) on buying news pappers. I could go on and on about what a peice of shit person she is, maybe even bypolar with angure issues and a weird view of things, i really think she is mentally crazy, and his older brother acts the same way, her intire family disowned her, and she had like 6 brothers.

Anyway, i could go on and on about how bad he has it, so i was just hoping i could help him out with this one thing. I don't make much $ myself, this year is the first year i've ever been able to save money, and i still don't have that much saved, i only have it because i have learned to just not spend money unless it is required. No going out or buy cloths or entertainment for me. And while i'm on a computer, i'm also in my moms house(which i do pay $400 a month for).

But, hopefully i'll get this new job i'm going for, cleaning chalk up in 12 hour shifts with a dust mask on, but they pay real good, if i could just make about $30,000 a year i would be in great shape, right now i'm at 18,000 a year and managed to pay my truck off, so really i managed to save about 6,000 this year. But i lent him $1000 that he want be able to pay back for a very long time, i told to just not worry about it, but he insists he will pay it back at some point in time.

Anyway, i just really want to help him with his hair issue, to make life a little less depressing for him.

MelCat
#12 Posted : 2/11/2011 3:01:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always had long hair and it seems the longer I let it get, the more it shows how my hair is thinning.

I just recently got a much shorter hair cut and you can't tell where it is thinning at all.

I feel much better about my personal appearance and the spot that caused me so much grief doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe your friend just needs to try a new doo?? Something that can kinda hide his issue a bit.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

ibeing897
#13 Posted : 2/11/2011 3:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started losing my hair at 18 and it took about 10 years to lose most of it... it was tough when it first started happening because you think about ageing, attractiveness and all that... and society has some irrational stigma about it that verges on racist xenophobia...unfortunately, it really doesn't look that great, you can't do any cool hair styles now, but really people don't care that much, it's just something people have to accept, at the same time, I don't think it's a good idea to go looking for a cure because really there is nothing wrong it and trying to cover up baldness just perpetuates the stigma, if there was a cure tomorrow I wouldn't take it because that would be like accepting it's a deficiency - when it's not, no matter how people treat you. I used to worry about not being attractive, but honestly, if a girl doesn't like you because you don't have hair, then that's really superficial and I use it as a filter, yeah, 95% of girls probably don't like it for cultural reasons, but despite that, that's still 95% of people who are lame in some sense, judging books by their covers and honestly you don't want anything to do with those people really. In the distant future kids will be shaving their heads just to fit in Pleased

Also don't forget beauty for all of us is rather fleeting, it's not something you want to get caught up in because everyone loses it eventually and even if you don't, there is a point in time when it doesn't matter anyway.
all posts are fictional

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 2/11/2011 5:09:26 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Tell your friend whatever he loses in hair he can compensate in beard / moustache. Beards can be so exquisit nobody will care you're lacking in scalp hair and I hardly think anyone ever notices ZZ top are bald, right?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

soulfood
#15 Posted : 2/11/2011 5:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Infundibulum wrote:
I hardly think anyone ever notices ZZ top are bald, right?

Honestly... I did not.

Do they wear hats? I can't recall.

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 2/14/2011 9:18:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
, if a girl doesn't like you because you don't have hair, then that's really superficial and I use it as a filter

So, a girl should not go for looks, is that what you are saying? Because looks do matter to me and i could totally understand if a girl does not get interested in me because of my thinning hair. I think you are just trying to calm your nerves.

Shaolin
#17 Posted : 2/14/2011 10:13:49 AM

Stiletto Stoner

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
, if a girl doesn't like you because you don't have hair, then that's really superficial and I use it as a filter

So, a girl should not go for looks, is that what you are saying? Because looks do matter to me and i could totally understand if a girl does not get interested in me because of my thinning hair. I think you are just trying to calm your nerves.

Women often don't give the same importance to looks as men do. Plus how do you know what she likes ? Pleased Psychic road was for me a very lonely road.

Eades[1] has some thoughts on this subject but the anecdotal evidence that I was able to find [2] suggest that reversing might not be viable.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Not Sure
#18 Posted : 2/14/2011 6:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably the best way to help is diet changes along with supplements.
I saw sea kelp suggested and definitely agree. Spirulina and kombucha I am told will help.
Take your vitamins(Look up what is in prenatal vitamins and that will tell you what vitamins will help) and try to eat less animals and look towards organic foods. Try eating some raw food everyday.

Good luck.

“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 2/14/2011 9:02:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Women often don't give the same importance to looks as men do. Plus how do you know what she likes ?

I don't know but i could understand. I might just shave my head completely and butter it up every morning Laughing

Wave Rider
#20 Posted : 2/14/2011 9:18:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have this same problem. I am 27 and have been losing hair for about 4 or 5 years now. I just said "fuck it" and took a razor blade to it; smooth as a baby's behind. I actually feel better and more confident. The look doesn't suit everybody but for some it fits like a glove. Just check out our awesome friend in this thread. And lets not forget about this guy. Some women actually dig it, I've had a few random females request to rub it, to which I obliged. Wink Having a pretty young lady rub my bald head is quite a confidence booster for me.

Maybe your friend should take the "fuck it" approach? It is better than fretting over it.

Another option may be a B-vitamin called Biotin that helps promote cell growth and strengthen hair and is available on the shelf of any drugstore. Inexpensive too. I've never used it though.

Good wishes to your friend.

-WR

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

12NEXT