We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Flying Lotus directing is deemster heaven Options

ibeing897
#1 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

have you guys seen Flying Lotus' new videos?, 2 that he has directed are closer to the DMT experience than anything I have seen before:

Bilal's video is amazing, even has a Shiva/Vishnu reference which I like, but this is just exactly what my trips are like:
http://music.vtechphones.com/video/5417/

Erykah Badu and the conveyor belt - been there!
http://vimeo.com/19749132
all posts are fictional

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ibeing897
#2 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:45:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...and don't forget these actually are DMT inspired unlike your random trippy video.
all posts are fictional

muad dib
#3 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lbeing789 wrote:
...and don't forget these actually are DMT inspired unlike your random trippy video.

How do you know this to be true?

ibeing897
#4 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

muad dib wrote:
lbeing789 wrote:

How do you know this to be true?

Well I don't know if that's straight up inspired, but it's well known that lotus does DMT inspired work, he's talked about it in several interviews.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#5 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Flying Lotus is one of the few artists that openly talk about DMT usage, and look at the videos, there is obviously a relationship there.

I'm an artist myself and I agree with Alex Grey that once you have that experience, all your work references it from that point.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#6 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme
#7 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:08:55 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

wth is 'deemster' Confused
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ibeing897
#8 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

c'mon? slang for a DMT user/fan/obsessed... you've never heard that before? I didn't come up with it. I like it though.
all posts are fictional

Mister_Niles
#9 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:53:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lbeing789 wrote:
benzyme wrote:

c'mon? slang for a DMT user/fan/obsessed... you've never heard that before? I didn't come up with it. I like it though.

Is that like a hipster?
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

jamie
#10 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:58:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I never did like the context that the term "deemster" implies..I dont care what people want to call things personally..but I dont use DMT in that context myself..
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:06:26 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Mister_Niles wrote:
lbeing789 wrote:
benzyme wrote:

Is that like a hipster?

i think it's what the douchester kids are calling dmt nowadays.
16 year love affair with this molecule, never heard 'deems'/'deemsters' until a couple years ago
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ibeing897
#12 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I never did like the context that the term "deemster" implies..I dont care what people want to call things personally..but I dont use DMT in that context myself..

That's prolly cause you are a deemster Fractal. Your right it does have the same context as hipster and scenester... that's what I meant, and I like the term. I call myself a deemster as to not take the whole thing too seriously. Deemsters are people who get caught up in the DMT scene, I recognize deemsters now, they're all very similar... hey, the DMT scene is a cool scene, if you're gonna be in one, it's probably the most interesting scene to be in... DMT is probably the most interesting subject I've come across, but yeah the nexus can be really lame when it comes to this stuff, you can take it seriously and not so seriously at the same time you know? You said it yourself man, don't get caught up in what people denote things, it's inevitable that people will do that... but also, at the same time, and I hate to say it, the deemsters are becoming somewhat cliché, gotta watch out for that Smile

I'm starting to think Flying Lotus is a deemster like us.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#13 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for example, to get twisted over the term "deemster", thats a very deemster thing to do Smile edit: actually maybe thats only a nexus thing.

when I was younger I really wanted to be individual but as I get older I realise that it's good to be in groups, in a way the nexus is a virtual tribe of like minded individuals and that's a good thing.
all posts are fictional

Ljosalfar
#14 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What context? In my limited experience, "deemster" refers to DMT, and has a slight invocation of "trickster", which seems appropriate. Hipster doesn't enter into it. That said, I don't care for labeling people who use spice, and have not heard the term used in this way. Drug culture in general goes in big time for names, handles, nick-names, tags... I suspect local variants are ...endless.
My 2 cents,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

ibeing897
#15 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

please don't make this thread become about the term "deemster". It's about the bloody flying lotus videos... which are fantastic.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#16 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:36:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ljosalfar wrote:
What context? In my limited experience, "deemster" refers to DMT, and has a slight invocation of "trickster", which seems appropriate. Hipster doesn't enter into it. That said, I don't care for labeling people who use spice, and have not heard the term used in this way. Drug culture in general goes in big time for names, handles, nick-names, tags... I suspect local variants are ...endless.
My 2 cents,
L

Nah. It's not about labelling people who use DMT. I don't get the invocation of trickster, definitely not, the 'ster bit denotes getting caught up in something... there are loads of different types of scenesters... I know the term from when I lived in Providence, RI... everybody there knows the term, because that place is full of them, people who are all about their scene and almost look down upon people who are outside that scene. I'm not saying that's what the deemsters do, but some of them do certainly. The 'ster bit is a nod to intellectual snobbery.
all posts are fictional

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:36:58 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

lbeing789 wrote:
Deemsters are people who get caught up in the DMT scene, I recognize deemsters now, they're all very similar... hey, the DMT scence is a cool scene, if you're gonna be in one, it's probably the most interesting scene to be in...

Rolling eyes

WTF is the "DMT scene"?

Do you have any idea how ignorant this slang makes you sound?

***Rant deleted at OPs request to focus on Flying Lotus***
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ibeing897
#18 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
lbeing789 wrote:
Deemsters are people who get caught up in the DMT scene, I recognize deemsters now, they're all very similar... hey, the DMT scence is a cool scene, if you're gonna be in one, it's probably the most interesting scene to be in...

Rolling eyes

WTF is the "DMT scene"?

Do you have any idea how ignorant this slang makes you sound?

***Rant deleted***

here we go. Let me answer with some rhetorical questions:

WTF is the hip hop scene?
WTF is the music scene?
WTF is the art scene?

"Do you have any idea how ignorant this slang makes you sound?" - you don't know what a scene is and you're calling me ignorant? before I get into something with you, you better have more to say than that because I'm not going to waste my time with someone who can't look at themselves in the mirror - deemster.

I've followed your posts SnozzleBerry, you shouldn't be calling me ignorant...you are and your post is what I just wrote about.

all posts are fictional

SnozzleBerry
#19 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:54:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I never called you ignorant...simply insinuated that your verbiage made you sound ignorant...Your mirror comment is quite amusing, but irony often is.

Personally, I feel the slang you chose to use presents this particular substance in a radically different light than I view it. Perhaps this is merely where our opinions differ, and so too does our word choice. I do not like your word choice, I felt inclined to share that with you.

Oh, and in which of my posts do I make any claims to not be ignorant? Since you follow them so closely Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

benzyme
#20 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:02:01 AM

analytical chemist

IBeing, you gotta realize...this is a forum dedicated to DMT, and most here have enormous respect for the molecule. Deemster is considered derogatory, many of us really don't like that term, mainly because it's often used in the context of selling dmt.

there is no DMT scene, i don't know where you get the idea that there is one (inexperience, i guess)

that being said, I think Flylo vaped DMT for a week after his late aunt Alice (daughter of jazz legend John Coltrane) passed, then he recorded Los Angeles.
I don't really care for Cosmogramma.
imo, Reset was one of his better works, as was 1983.
Cosmo sounds like he lost some direction, it's all over the place.

123NEXT»