CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options
 
Jorkest
#141 Posted : 12/29/2008 9:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Posts: 4342
Joined: 02-Oct-2008
Last visit: 12-Jul-2020
that could work..the thing is..you may not have to defat with the xylene because it picks up mostly good stuff...but if you did the xylene boil..and then collected those crystals..you could then mess with the naphtha acetone mix..and see if you can get anymore junk out..

and yes..hotplates for cooking food of courseSmile
it's a sound
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
endlessness
#142 Posted : 12/29/2008 9:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13699
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-Aug-2020
Location: Jungle
on a more practical note: how does one transfer the boiling xylene from the recipient out of the impurities?

also how quick does one have to be before it starts crashing out?

thanks for all the help btw
 
69ron
#143 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:20:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
endlessness wrote:
Jorkest wrote:
the product should be reasonably pure if you start with fairly pure bufotenine..or if you defat your seeds...

usually you can get those electrc hotplates at a appliance store..they shouldnt be too expensive


what are they used for? food? How accurate are they (or should they be) in the temperature?


Accuracy doesn’t matter for this tech, you just need the xylene to boil.

endlessness wrote:
the product SWIM would use would be ready based snuff. To defat SWIM would have to first acidify it, defat, dry, basify, then extract.. Its a lot more steps


No you can defat WITHOUT acidifying your snuff. Defat with cold xylene. Freebase bufotenine is insoluble in cold xylene. It’s only soluble in boiling xylene. If you defat with cold xylene no bufotenine will be lost to the xylene guaranteed (SWIM tested it with pure freebase bufotenine).
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
69ron
#144 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA

endlessness wrote:
on a more practical note: how does one transfer the boiling xylene from the recipient out of the impurities?

also how quick does one have to be before it starts crashing out?

thanks for all the help btw


Just pour it out carefully. SWIM never did it with solid snuff particles. That might be tricky. If done with an extract, the extract sits at the bottom of the container so it’s really easy to do.

Do it as soon as you take it off the hotplate. It starts crashing out seconds after the xylene stops boiling. The solubility of bufotenine in xylene goes down dramatically as soon as the xylene stops boiling. Bufotenine is nearly insoluble in hot xylene, but highly soluble in boiling xylene because it’s about the same as bufotenine’s melting point. When bufotenine is melting it’s more soluble in solvents, also when xylene is boiling, it can hold much more compounds. These two physical changes happening when xylene boils are what causes bufotenine’s solubility in it to sky rocket.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
endlessness
#145 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13699
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-Aug-2020
Location: Jungle
so defat with cold xylene, extract with acetone (how many and how big pulls are necessary?), evaporate, boil xylene and wash/filter the crude extract with the boiling xylene (or better to boil xylene for a while with the crude extract inside?). Then just let xylene cool, filter the precipitated bufotenine and let it dry.

That sounds easy enough Smile
 
69ron
#146 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
Yes.

Boil with the crude extract in the xylene for 5 MINUTES, and then pour off the xylene taking the bufotenine with the xylene and leaving the extract behind.

You could do it with just the snuff, no acetone extraction is needed. But an acetone extraction will clean it up a little more.

The solubility of pure freebase bufotenine in room temperature acetone is 5 g/100 ml. So 100 ml is enough for 100 grams. I would do it 3 times though, just to be sure to get all of it because there’s other stuff in there besides bufotenine that will compete with it when dissolving in the acetone.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
69ron
#147 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
endlessness wrote:
Then just let xylene cool, filter the precipitated bufotenine and let it dry.


Let it cool at least 4 hours. There’s no need to filter it. Just pour out the xylene. The bufotenine will be stuck to the container (unless you keep moving the container around all the time). You can then re-use the xylene. 100 ml of boiling xylene can hold over 1.5 grams of freebase bufotenine. At room temperature 100 ml of xylene holds less than 30 mg of freebase bufotenine.

After pouring off all the xylene you can dry the bufotenine in the oven at 250 F. Use an electric oven.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
endlessness
#148 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13699
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-Aug-2020
Location: Jungle
is stainless steel pot ok to boil xylene?

then SWIM might even try straight away the cold xylene defat and then boil in xylene/separate. If its not clean enough can clean it later

now gotta get an electric hotplate...
 
endlessness
#149 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:48:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13699
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-Aug-2020
Location: Jungle
and one more thing (please excuse SWIM's mountain of questions haha)

what is the solubility of bufotenine salt in xylene (at diff temperatures)? insoluble?


btw, what could one expect for a yield here, from ready made snuff, even if its just guessing?
 
69ron
#150 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:52:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA

endlessness wrote:
is stainless steel pot ok to boil xylene?

then SWIM might even try straight away the cold xylene defat and then boil in xylene/separate. If its not clean enough can clean it later

now gotta get an electric hotplate...


Stainless is great. Glass is good too.

If the end product is dirty, just defat with cold xylene, and repeat the process. You should be able to get nearly white crystals that way.

100 ml of room temperature xylene holds less than 30 mg of freebase bufotenine. 100 ml of boiling xylene holds over 1500 mg of freebase bufotenine. If you reuse the xylene, you minimize the loss of bufotenine to the xylene. At any rate, the small amount of bufotenine that gets lost can be recovered from the xylene by precipitating it out with a 10% solution of citric acid in acetone or with FASA.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
69ron
#151 Posted : 12/29/2008 10:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
endlessness wrote:
and one more thing (please excuse SWIM's mountain of questions haha)

what is the solubility of bufotenine salt in xylene (at diff temperatures)? insoluble?


btw, what could one expect for a yield here, from ready made snuff, even if its just guessing?


All of the bufotenine salts I know of are insoluble in xylene at all temperatures. 100 grams of snuff should get you about 1-3 grams of bufotenine on average.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
endlessness
#152 Posted : 12/29/2008 11:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13699
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-Aug-2020
Location: Jungle
excellent info all over
 
Phlux-
#153 Posted : 1/5/2009 2:47:37 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2458
Joined: 02-Jul-2008
Last visit: 08-Aug-2020
Location: The asteroid belt
someone gave swim crushed and roasted cebil seeds mixed with bicarb - how should he proceed to extract bufo ?

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.


Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell


Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great


He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

 
69ron
#154 Posted : 1/7/2009 5:15:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
SWIM is wondering if hot d-limonene (160 C) could melt and dissolve bufotenine. D-limonene boils at 176 C which is plenty hot enough to melt bufotenine but not hot enough vaporize it away. At 160 C, all the freebase bufotenine would be melted making it soluble in solvents it's normally insoluble in. Just like with xylene where its insoluble in room temperature xylene but soluble in boiling xylene, maybe the same would be true for d-limonene. If d-limonene could be used instead, you'd have a much healthier product. D-limonene is non-toxic and easily found in food grade form. If the bufotenine can be melting and dissolved in hot d-limonene and then cooled and crystallized in it, you'd pour off the d-limonene and leave behind the cystals. Even if a tiny bit of d-limonene was left behind, it would be non-toxic and smell and taste like oranges at worst.

Has anyone given d-limonene a try yet?
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
Infundibulum
#155 Posted : 1/7/2009 5:15:57 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Posts: 4660
Joined: 02-Jun-2008
Last visit: 19-Mar-2020
69ron wrote:
SWIM is wondering if hot d-limonene (160 C) could melt and dissolve bufotenine. D-limonene boils at 176 C which is plenty hot enough to melt bufotenine but not hot enough vaporize it away. At 160 C, all the freebase bufotenine would be melted making it soluble in solvents it's normally insoluble in. Just like with xylene where its insoluble in room temperature xylene but soluble in boiling xylene, maybe the same would be true for d-limonene. If d-limonene could be used instead, you'd have a much healthier product. D-limonene is non-toxic and easily found in food grade form. If the bufotenine can be melting and dissolved in hot d-limonene and then cooled and crystallized in it, you'd pour off the d-limonene and leave behind the cystals. Even if a tiny bit of d-limonene was left behind, it would be non-toxic and smell and taste like oranges at worst.

Has anyone given d-limonene a try yet?

Not necessarily re to the highlighted point. Melted dmt-n-oxide will not mix with hot or cold naphtha. And melted naphtha will not mix with melted water!

But it would be really lovely to find out. limonone however has a much higher partition coefficient than xylene (3.7 compared to 2.9) so it would be more difficult to dissolve bufotenine.

Of course, nothing is better that trying itVery happy

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

 
Phlux-
#156 Posted : 1/9/2009 12:28:39 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 2458
Joined: 02-Jul-2008
Last visit: 08-Aug-2020
Location: The asteroid belt
can swim just go forth with the extraction even tho there is bicarb in it ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.


Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell


Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great


He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

 
69ron
#157 Posted : 1/10/2009 2:39:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 5826
Joined: 09-Jun-2008
Last visit: 08-Sep-2010
Location: USA
Infundibulum wrote:
69ron wrote:
SWIM is wondering if hot d-limonene (160 C) could melt and dissolve bufotenine. D-limonene boils at 176 C which is plenty hot enough to melt bufotenine but not hot enough vaporize it away. At 160 C, all the freebase bufotenine would be melted making it soluble in solvents it's normally insoluble in. Just like with xylene where its insoluble in room temperature xylene but soluble in boiling xylene, maybe the same would be true for d-limonene. If d-limonene could be used instead, you'd have a much healthier product. D-limonene is non-toxic and easily found in food grade form. If the bufotenine can be melting and dissolved in hot d-limonene and then cooled and crystallized in it, you'd pour off the d-limonene and leave behind the cystals. Even if a tiny bit of d-limonene was left behind, it would be non-toxic and smell and taste like oranges at worst.

Has anyone given d-limonene a try yet?

Not necessarily re to the highlighted point. Melted dmt-n-oxide will not mix with hot or cold naphtha. And melted naphtha will not mix with melted water!

But it would be really lovely to find out. limonone however has a much higher partition coefficient than xylene (3.7 compared to 2.9) so it would be more difficult to dissolve bufotenine.

Of course, nothing is better that trying itVery happy


Keep in mind that solubility cannot be accurately predicted by any means known to man as of yet. All methods of predicting solubliity are inaccurate for many compounds. For example DMSO can dissolve many compounds it should not dissolve according to it's XLogP.

I know the XLogP of d-limonene is higher than xylene. But it's not as high as heptane.
Bufotenine is very slightly soluble in boiling heptane. But boiling heptane won't bring bufotenine to it's melting point thereby increasing it's solubility, but d-limonene will. It doesn't much matter if it becomes soluble. What matters is that it melts and doesn't sink like the impurities do. A suspension is good enough to get it to work.

Anyway enough useless talk. SWIM will test it and see what reality has to say about it. That's the only way of really knowing.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
I do not answer PMs! I delete all PMs no matter who they are from, even from a good friend. I don't have time for the PMs. I have very little free time. If you have a question just post it in a threadSmile


All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.
 
lorax
#158 Posted : 1/10/2009 4:00:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 686
Joined: 29-Jul-2008
Last visit: 19-Sep-2013
Location: Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy
jorkest.. have you come to do all those tests you needed to do? it would be really neat for someone to sum this all up in a new thread.

a friend has now taken his black goo extract made by the acetone tek and has boiled it in 200ml xylene for 5-6minutes. because the extract is very dirty as it seems the xylene has taken on a deep yellow color. it is now cooling and has become very cloudy.

should the outcome still be off white could a cold xylene wash help in getting rid of some impurities? my friend doesn't have any MEK or heptane handy to do it the same way as you do it.

my friend has now found a VERY cheap source of seeds from which he will order a kilo soon. he will tell the quality of the seeds once he gets them and then hand out the ordering information. with a kilo of seeds my friend will be able to do a lot of testing on this extraction.

it would be very nice if we could get a nice to read & easy tek out of all of this soon.

peace & have yourselves a wonderful weekend. - SWIM is going to ride his bike tonight.. if you know what i mean Smile
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)
 
helter_skelter
#159 Posted : 1/12/2009 1:10:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 2
Joined: 12-Jan-2009
Last visit: 15-Feb-2009
Location: Oz
The other night i had a very traumatic and confusing dream when all of a sudden in my dream state, had an urge to try a bufotenin extraction TEK, and this being my first ever attempt at some sort of chemistry experiment/extraction of psychoactive substances, and following the initial acetone citrate TEK at the start of this thread, without knowing what i was doing for each step. i want to get something cleared up.

what i initially did was grind seeds, mix with water/lime, evaporate in oven, grind. then what i did was pour in the acetone to the seed/lime powder, stirred, let sit. next i filtered the mix into a separate container using, lets say a coffee filter, i then squeezed the wet filter containing the solids in to that container and put the solids back in the initial glass and did the same thing putting fresh acetone and filtering into a seperate container, after a while i realized something was not right so i decided to wake up.

i revisited that shamble of a dream a week later at a friends house where this exercise was taking place and discovered the items there(powdered lime/seeds in the glass and the stuck-on fine dust in the container) acetone obviously evaporated.

question time:

have i lost all the goodies into that filter?

what step can i take from here to end this torturous episode, given i have the chance? would the xylene process work on my lime/seed powder?

please, make it stop!
 
helter_skelter
#160 Posted : 1/15/2009 7:05:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 2
Joined: 12-Jan-2009
Last visit: 15-Feb-2009
Location: Oz
bump
 
«PREV678910NEXT»
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.288 seconds.