We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1819202122NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

SpasticSpaz
#381 Posted : 4/6/2009 11:41:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If it does, Dagger, the credit's entirely to you. SWIM tells me he got his inspiration from your post earlier in this thread.

Also, SWIM would GREATLY appreciate if someone could definitively tell him whether or not sodium bufotenate is a stable salt.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#382 Posted : 4/7/2009 12:03:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Does anyone remove the seed coat when extracting bufotenine? I know many use to pop their seeds in a pan, then remove the seed coat.

Oh God no...oh the pain of doing that to every seed in 100 grams. If someone is doing that, they must have tons of free time.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Fatcat
#383 Posted : 4/7/2009 5:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got my cebil seeds. Fist thing i did was put half a hand full in a pan and popped them all, then put them in a bag and hit them with a hammer untill powdered and smoked a it. I loaded up about a gram (assuming a 2% bufo that would be a 20 mg dose) in to my steam roller to see if it was active, and boy are they! It did have a slight effect on my mind but not very strong. I could concentrate rather easily and was extremely relaxed. I just need some D-limonene and I think I am going to try the peppermint oil with 20 grams off seeds maybe.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

SpasticSpaz
#384 Posted : 4/8/2009 3:48:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here it is exactly as SWIM tells me he did it. It's an A/B with drying in between the A and the B and the magic of the d-limonene boil (I suppose "simmer" would be more accurate).

1. Toast seeds till they all pop.
2. Grind to a coarse powder.
3. Add seed powder to water.
4. Add some vinegar.
5. Bring water to a boil briefly. Let cool down back to room temperature.
6. Strain out seed matter.
7. Add sodium carbonate (or calcium hydroxide? It'd probably also work) to resultant clear orange-brown liquid. Liquid darkens slightly.
8. Evap on stove's lowest heat setting (SWIM tells me he didn't quite let it boil, probably ~200 F).
9. Stick in oven @ 250 F for ~15-20 minutes to make sure it's completely dry.
10. Scrape up into powder.
11. Heat in d-limonene till the limonene starts to simmer.
12. Decant limonene quickyl and let cool.
13. Decant limonene from solids that fall out when it cools.
14. Repeat 11-13 one more time with same limonene.
15. Very happy

I guess at step 9 one could crank the temp up to 500 and leave it there for maybe a bit longer. I don't think it'd make a difference at the scale SWIM did the last extraction, but it could for a proper full scale extraction. SWIM tells me he didn't bother removing the sodium carbonate as he severely doubts it's at all soluble in d-limonene. He also strongly suspects that it'd be OK to use most kinds of acids to acidify, as most of them should also be insoluble in d-limonene. Neither me nor SWIM knows for certain without testing directly. Also, as mentioned previously, SWIM suspects one could basify at the beginning (at step 4, instead of the acid) to remove a step. (Both of those are part of a loooong list of tests SWIM wants to do that'll have to wait till he gets some more seeds and some more free time).

69ron
#385 Posted : 4/8/2009 6:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpasticSpaz wrote:
SWIM tried again this morning, this time with acidified water (he used some vinegar). He then took the result from that and did a limonene boil on it. The result from 10 seeds (2.2g), was ~40 mg of pale tan powder, seemed somewhat less fluffy than his DMT. He bioassayed 15mg of that and HOLY F-ING CRAP. It was difficult to make out reality because everything was sliding and patterning and morphing. Things were forming in the space in front of SWIM and three hours later there's still traces of patterns. None of SWIM's previous extractions came even close to this, the d-Limonene step seems almost magical to him. Not very euphoric, more calming, peaceful. No nausea was noted, though SWIM's face prickled intensely (almost painfully) through the come up (Is this still the toxic alkaloids, or is this part of bufo?).

Yeah! That’s bufotenine. If you take a big hit all at once, there’s a strong tingling felt, almost a prickling feeling, it starts usually in the back of the head and then spreads and becomes more pleasant as it spreads. It’s a side effect of bufotenine and not the toxins. The toxins cause nausea and a general sick feeling. The strong bufotenine tingling fades to a pleasant tingling after a minute right before the visuals start usually. If you’ve ever taken too much vitamin B3 (niacin), the effect is sort of like that for a minute or so, but not as intense as B3.

I’ve got to say that SWIM loves the visual effects from bufotenine more than anything else. Note that if you smoke 30 mg, the tingling is the same, not stronger. At that dose the visuals are super intense. With the eyes closed you have journeys in the mind that are awesome and without the intense “mind fuck” of the other hallucinogens. At least that’s how it is for SWIM.

Did you get any auditory hallucinogenic effects? SWIM almost always does.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#386 Posted : 4/9/2009 7:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

try using a coffee filter or something to catch it...SWIM spilled some on his pant leg once..and the bufo stayed right on top
it's a sound

mapp
#387 Posted : 4/12/2009 5:00:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Here it is exactly as SWIM tells me he did it. It's an A/B with drying in between the A and the B and the magic of the d-limonene boil (I suppose "simmer" would be more accurate).

This looks nice. SWIM just has some quick n00b questions...

How does one decant the limonene in this tek, and decant in general?

The finished result has to be smoked, right? Can SWIM smoke the finished result simply in a rolling paper? Perhaps with some added crushed mullein tea leaves? ...SWIM doesn't own a pipe and would benefit from a way to smoke it without one Pleased

69ron
#388 Posted : 4/12/2009 6:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
The finished result has to be smoked, right?

Smoked, snorted, taken sublingually, rectally, but NOT ORALLY. It works orally but is unpleasant (lots of nausea).

mapp wrote:
Can SWIM smoke the finished result simply in a rolling paper? Perhaps with some added crushed mullein tea leaves? ...SWIM doesn't own a pipe and would benefit from a way to smoke it without one Pleased

Yes you can smoke it that way and it's quite pleasant like that. Taking a large hit maximizes the potency but also is not as pleasant as a bunch of smaller tokes taken in succession. In that way it’s very unlike DMT. With DMT you need to smoke it all in a matter of a few minutes or it doesn’t work well. That’s why you don’t see many people making DMT cigarettes. But bufotenine cigarettes are quite effective. You can dissolve some freebase bufotenine in a little acetone and put some herb in it to absorb it. Len it dry, roll a cigarette and you’re good to go. You can even take some pre-rolled cigarettes and drop some concentrated hot acetone/bufotenine mix on it and let it soak into the cigarette. I’ve seen this before in Japan. The cigarettes look like normal cigarettes, so people have no idea you’re smoking bufotenine. Even the police would be totally clueless.

WSaged
#389 Posted : 4/12/2009 6:29:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oooh, I like that idea!!

I just ordered what I thought was going to be a small amount of Mullein, they sent me a 1/2 pound!!
So I'm thinkin' a 50/50 mix of Mullein/MJ & 20-25mg of Bufo infused with acetone.

69ron, I saw in another thread where you mentioned recrystallizing Bufoteine in acetone, could elaborate on that?
I found smoking my first Bufo extraction to be kind of hard to smoke, so I'm wanting to clean it up pretty good.

Thanks!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

69ron
#390 Posted : 4/12/2009 4:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It needs to already be relatively pure before it can be crystallized in acetone, so it's not a good purification step. What you do is dissolve 5 grams of bufotenine in 100 ml of acetone and let it evaporate at room temperature. It forms beautiful small white crystals, about the size of a pea, but only if it’s already relatively pure, otherwise no crystals form.

SpasticSpaz
#391 Posted : 4/12/2009 9:57:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could someone with a decent quantity of bufo available please determine the solubility of bufotenine in basic water?

Since it's probable the disgusting alkaloids are not soluble in basic water (as there's a good chance they lack bufotenine's phenol moiety), if the initial water extraction can be done with basic water, that could increase the purity even further.

69ron
#392 Posted : 4/12/2009 10:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also like to see that tested. SWIM doesn't have the time right now to do it.

Bufotenine (5-OH-DMT) is known to be soluble in alkali according to the Merck Index. I believe that's why it's best to freebase and extract it at a pH of about 8.0-9.5 and not much higher.

I believe that two of the undesirables are actually bufotenine N-Oxide and serotonin (5-OH-tryptamine), which should both be soluble in alkali as well. But I don't know for sure.

I believe that bufotenine N-Oxide is the sticky stuff that makes you nauseated and I believe it is likely the reason that bufotenine was once considered non-hallucinogenic because some of the earlier tests were probably mistakenly done using bufotenine N-Oxide. Bufotenine can oxidize into bufotenine N-oxide, but I'm not sure what circumstances cause it. SWIM has not seen this happen with his pure bufotenine.

SpasticSpaz
#393 Posted : 4/13/2009 12:49:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would ascorbic acid be a strong enough reducing agent to reduce the n-oxide?

Is ascorbic acid a stronger reducing agent in basic or acidic water? Looking at its reducing mechanism, I would guess basic, but I can't be certain.

SWIM tells me he wishes he could get his hands on some zinc powder.

mapp
#394 Posted : 4/15/2009 2:01:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Spastic, so after using SWIY's previous steps in this thread for extraction, does the bufotenine then have to be cleansed with acetone or go through any other steps before it's good/usable? Or are those steps just half of a whole tek?

Can SWIM use those steps instead of Jorkest's d-limonene tek? (which require acetone and making The Herbal Percolator)

Jorkest
#395 Posted : 4/15/2009 5:04:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

just to tell you the THP that SWIM made was made out of an old hydrogen peroxide bottle and cotton balls..and then the liquid was caught in a jar...
it's a sound

SpasticSpaz
#396 Posted : 4/15/2009 5:55:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

mapp, SWIM followed the tek I posted exactly, no more steps before or after.

HOWEVER, he did this extraction on only 2.2 g of seeds (all he had left). The resulting extract was very potent for him, and looked fairly clean (light tan), but he tells me he cannot be sure of his quality. He believes that it possibly could be used in place of Jorkest's tek, but more testing is needed. Unfortunately, SWIM tells me that he will be unable to do anymore testing till June at the earliest. This frustrates SWIM immensely.

Jorkest
#397 Posted : 4/15/2009 7:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaz SWIM is willing to help you work on this new tek...it seems very promising..because acetone is the only part of his tek that he doesnt like..and he has a about 100g of seeds to test with..so maybe we can chat about it..and i can explain to him how to go about it
it's a sound

mapp
#398 Posted : 4/15/2009 10:10:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recently aquired 28g of a. Colubrina seeds, so he's happy to "experiment" following Spastic's steps.
He's looking to use about 4g instead of 2.2g.

Would calcium hydroxide be any "safer" or better in any way than sodium carbonate? SWIM has both, so he's just wondering. Would the amount be the same?

He's looking at something like this
Seed: 4g
Water: 200ml
Vinegar: ~5ml
Base: 1g ?
Limonene: 30ml

SWIM's new to extractions, does this look okay?

The only part of the tek he's not sure about is:
Quote:
10. Scrape up into powder.
11. Heat in d-limonene till the limonene starts to simmer.
12. Decant limonene quickyl and let cool.
13. Decant limonene from solids that fall out when it cools.
14. Repeat 11-13 one more time with same limonene.

So the powder is mixed with limonene and simmered.. Then what exactly is decanted with what and where in step 12 & 13? Embarrased
Could SWIY go in a little more detail there kindly? Confused

SpasticSpaz
#399 Posted : 4/15/2009 4:43:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mann,

Re calcium hydroxide vs. sodium carbonate: Both should be fine.

Re quantities: I'm not sure. I think it couldn't hurt to up the amount of vinegar, and you probably don't need so much base. If you have pH measuring device, I think I'd aim for a pH of ~11. Even if you don't have a pH measuring method, you can calculate out pretty well how much to use if you know exactly how much and of what concentration your vinegar is.

Re decanting: When you simmer the water extract in limonene, part of the water extract won't dissolve. You decant the limonene into a separate container, without permitting the gunk that didn't dissolve when the limonene was simmering to come over as well. It's the exact same thing as the limonene part of Jorkest's tek.

Good luck!

mapp
#400 Posted : 4/15/2009 5:56:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah, thanks. Smile

It'll be 5% distilled white vinegar, btw

«PREV1819202122NEXT»