We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1516171819NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

Jorkest
#321 Posted : 3/13/2009 3:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so far its worked great...SWIM got 25ml of food grade d-limonene boiling..and added 220mg of impure(brownish) bufotenine..and let it sit for about 2 minutes..he then poured off the d-limonene..into a new container..and it immediately got cloudy..and there is some very very dark brown particles left in the boiling container..
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#322 Posted : 3/13/2009 4:07:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

while the d-limonene is still cloudy..it is starting to settle..but he was able to collect just a bit of powder..he poured the d-limonene on a shallow plate and let it sit for a bit..and then poured it off..leaving behind a film..which he was able to dry on his hot plate..

he was able to scrape up a slightly yellowish powder..

which he had to try...so he loaded up his little water pipe..its the size of a donut..wicked sweet...and put maybe 5mg of this bufotenine powder on it..and took 3-4 tokes over the course of 5 minutes..its definitely bufotenine..could feel the slight tingly in his head after holding the first hit in for 20 seconds..except it feels way way way nicer...it could all just be in his head..or perhaps the d-limonene added something..the taste was much nicer anyway..which may have helped..

hes feeling a nice bufo euphoria..and he can feel his vision start to shift slightly..which is typical for him with small amounts of bufo..this is very very promising..hes just waiting to see if the rest of the bufo precipitates out of the d-limonene..

but so far..so good
it's a sound

Dorge
#323 Posted : 3/13/2009 6:42:24 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

looking forward to hearing more...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#324 Posted : 3/13/2009 8:05:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, I'm so excited to hear the results!

D-limonene is now SWIM's favorite solvent. SWIM has used it to extract DMT, and now mescaline. SWIM says it extracts mescaline much better than xylene does.

I hope you get larger bufotenine crystals from the d-limonene than from xylene.

What SWIM loves about using d-limonene is that it smells wonderful. Mmmm...the smell of citrus fruit. And because it's food grade and non-toxic, you don't need to worry about there being any solvent left in the final product. That's really nice when you're planning to ingest something orally that you've extracted. Nothing is worse than burping up traces of xylene! SWIM SAYS THAT IS TOTALLY GROSS! And I'm sure it's unhealthy.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#325 Posted : 3/13/2009 1:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

indeed...sublingual 5-meo-dmt with traces of xylene is just AWFUL..now seeing as how this is SWIMs first try using d-limonene PERIOD he has a lot to learn about using it..BUT so far so good

the bufotenine has settled out of the d-limonene..but it is NOT crystalline..right now its like this film over the shallow glass dish he had put it in over night..but its a hard film (after pouring off the extra d-limonene and evaporating off the rest on a hotplate)..one that can be scraped up into a powder..SWIM is just happy that settled..because it was taking awhile before he went to bed with only slight bit of settling..

so he just weighed up what he got back..and out of 220mg of not very pure bufo..he got back 150mg of yellowish crystalline powder..there is probably some mechanical loss..and maybe a bit left in the d-limonene..so reuse that stuff!..but there was also a bunch of black crap that he was able to separate after the boil...and that 220mg of impure bufo was from a MEK:heptane wash!! so the d-limonene boil separated what MEK:heptane did not!

The bufo still isnt crystal white like SWIM was hoping BUT..after trying it out last night..it feels way more euphoric..much less harsh on the lungs..and usually bufo kinda tires SWIM out...while last night..after smoking it...SWIM was filled with energy and actually danced for an hour!!

he feels much less hesitant to smoke the stuff too because it just feels better going into the lungs..the taste isnt so drug like..feels way more natural..and perhaps thats just purely psychological..but whatever the case...SWIM will be smoking much more of this bufo..but in a different manner than he was before..

he now feels bufo to be sort of like an addition to other herbal smoke mixes..its much friendlier now...he still has to experiment with it more but...just the smell of oranges makes it so much nicer
it's a sound

69ron
#326 Posted : 3/13/2009 5:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soon SWIM will try treating his xylene precipitated freebase bufotenine, which is off white, slightly yellowish as well. It still has xylene in it. It doesn’t smell like xylene at all, but when SWIM ingested 100 mg orally it caused xylene flavored burps after a while, so he knows it still has xylene in it. That residual xylene is small but there and SWIM does not like it.

He’ll measure out a known quantity of his xylene precipitated freebase bufotenine and try boiling it in d-limonene, let it settle down and then collect it and measure it again and see what the loss is. He’ll use maybe a gram or more of freebase bufotenine so he can more accurately measure whatever loss there is. Because it’s fairly pure (SWIM can only detect the effects of bufotenine) it should have much less loss unless the d-limonene soaks some up. We’ll see.

The main reason for doing this is because he has several grams of xylene precipitated freebase bufotenine and he wants to remove the xylene from it. The traces of xylene should dissolve in the d-limonene very well. SWIM doesn’t mind having traces of d-limonene in his bufotenine. The fruity citrus flavor of d-limonene is a nice added bonus.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#327 Posted : 3/13/2009 6:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM will be interested in seeing the results...he is also wondering why the bufotenine didnt crystallize in the d-limonene..its possible that it wasnt concentrated enough..or there is something about d-limonene that keeps it from crystallizing...

at least it did precipitate out
it's a sound

Jorkest
#328 Posted : 3/13/2009 7:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just had some nice success with a make-shift bufo extraction and he is pretty impressed so far..this is how he did it...

Step One: Make a THP(percolator)- He got a HDPE bottle(hydrogen peroxide bottle) and cut the bottom off. He then stuffed a bunch of cotton in the bottom.

Step Two: He ground up 50g seeds and added 25g sodium carbonate and a splash of water. He stirred this around for 5-10 minutes. He then dried this on a hotplate.

Step Three: Added the freebased seeds to the THP and ran 200ml of acetone through the seeds over and over again. Probably 10 times using the same acetone. He did this step three times(600ml of acetone total).

Step Four: He then added LOTS of FASA which dropped out a little over 3g of bufotenine fumarate(and junk). He then freebased this with a spoonful of sodium carbonate and a splash of water. He let this dry over a hotplate stirring it occasionally.

Step Five: He then pulled from the freebased bufotenine with 75ml of acetone and stirred this for 5 minutes. Poured acetone through a cotton filter and then put the acetone in a little dish to evaporate over a hotplate. He recovered roughly 2g's of freebase bufotenine.

Step Six: Boil 50ml of d-limonene and then add freebase bufotenine. Let this sit there for a few minutes. Pour off d-linonene and then let it sit for 6 hours or so. Collect d-limonene cleaned bufotenine. ****this step has not been completed yet and SWIM is unsure whether it will clean the bufotenine up****

the reason he is unsure is because the bufotenine he tested it on last night was purified with MEK:heptane before he did the d-limonene boil so we will just have to see how it goes.

The reason SWIM wrote this up is because it is the first time he has had success using FASA to defat and precipitate the bufotenine from acetone..he always had problems recovering the bufotenine after freebasing it..so finally a success.
it's a sound

Jorkest
#329 Posted : 3/13/2009 8:51:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Step Six: 1.5g bufotenine was added to 25ml of boiling d-limonene and let boil for 2-3 minutes...then poured off d-limonene into a small dish to allow precipitation to happen...

NOW the exciting part is that the 1.5g of bufotenine was not purified at all..so was a mixture of bufotenine and crap..after SWIM poured off the d-limonene..a puddle of dark brown to black oil was left behind..SWIM imagines these are a bunch of impurities..so as far as SWIM can tell..boiling d-limonene DOES separate the bufotenine and the crap..SWIM is waiting for precipitation to happen..and then he will bioassay the resulting material

The black goop that was left over hardened very quickly and SWIM was able to weigh it..it was 600mg of black crap..so after the d-limonene precips all the bufo he SHOULD have around 900mg..most likely it will be around 850mg though..but this stuff is REALLY dark..basically black..this is very exciting to say the least

and EVERYTHING smells of oranges!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#330 Posted : 3/13/2009 9:19:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

now THIS is interesting

The d-limonene dropped the bufo out VERY fast..and the bufo is a brownish color..but its DARKER than it was before he put it in the d-limonene...so SWIM is thinking that d-limonene darkens the resulting material...THE OTHER interesting thing is that it doesnt look like d-limonene holds all that much bufotenine..because(while its still drying a bit) it still weighs about 1.1g..he will weigh it after it dries for awhile to see what comes of it

EDIT: now that the bufotenine has dried up a bit..its not as dark as it was...it looks light tan..with a SLIGHT hint of red/orange..and i mean VERY slight...

and for some reason..this is the first bufotenine that SWIM has felt 'comfortable' with..all the other batches just werent quite right..but this one is nice..he doesnt think people will be able to get pure white bufotenine with this extraction..but it HAS been purified..and it looks really good..and smells wonderful...SWIM cant wait to try it out..but that will have to wait
it's a sound

69ron
#331 Posted : 3/13/2009 10:14:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Boil for at least 5 minutes to make sure all the bufotenine in melted.

I believe the darkening is likely from the impurities getting burnt. Try it a second time. I bet it will clean it up even more.

Jorkest
#332 Posted : 3/13/2009 10:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM will try another d-limonene boil..but as of now..the bufo looks nice..and in this picture..the cleaner bufo is less brown and more orange

now in this picture the stuff on the left is that crap that the d-limonene didnt pick up...SWIM is going to boil it again just to make sure he got it all..

and SWIM is noticing that the stuff on the right is STILL drying up..so he feels its going to get lighter and lighter as the d-limonene evaps off of it..making it a nice light tan..
it's a sound

Jorkest
#333 Posted : 3/14/2009 4:18:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tested his cleaner bufo...he put it in a little pipe with some honey mullen hash(honey, mullen and hash all together) he smoked maybe 8-10mg..and has wonderful and strange visuals..its extemely enjoyable..something he feels he could do most of the time.

he smoked this mixture for maybe 10 minutes...the honey slows down the burn..the mullen helps with keeping your lungs clear..the hash(from leaf) gives it some weedie ness...and then the bit of bufortenine..gives it this wonderful trip extension to it...it looks like slugs are squirming over swims vision..but changing here and there
it's a sound

Bodhisattva
#334 Posted : 3/14/2009 9:11:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is extremely excited about this, Jorkest. The fact that this can be done fairly simply with d-limonene and without all the MEK/Heptane and whatnot is promising. SWIM finally has DMT extractions down pat, and this will be his next venture in full force. SWIM still feels very lost with most of this at the moment, but SWIM felt that way about DMT extractions in the beginning, too.. and it has been an astounding success since for him.

Does SWIY care to try higher amounts of the bufo to see if it intensifies the visual experience? Also, is it possible to infuse the bufo into mullein and smoke the mullein-infused mullein like you can do with DMT?

Jorkest
#335 Posted : 3/14/2009 9:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im sure you can infuse bufo with mullein..SWIM is actually thinking about it..he actually likes using his honey mullein hash as a smoking medium..because the honey slows down the burning so you can take small tokes without burning the whole thing at once...SWIM has had far too many experiences smoking a bunch of bufotenine at once and then vomiting violently for a few minutes...one of the reasons SWIM is taking this stuff slow..he doesnt enjoy that vomiting all that much..this was also because it was impure bufo..but

the visuals were so sweet..they werent quite like 69ron's visions..but SWIM has a feeling that the longer you work with this material..the better the visuals become...they have been getting better for SWIM..it may have a lot to do with how he has been making it too though..

he has also found that the day after smoking bufotenine..he is very happy and excited about life..its a nice feeling..

SWIM is going to try to purify the bufotenine a bit more with another d-limonene boil..and get the last bit of crap out..and see how white he can get it..this has been a very exciting time..
it's a sound

Bodhisattva
#336 Posted : 3/14/2009 10:06:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM loves everyone here at the Nexus, but looks up to 69Ron and Jorkest the most. You two are his idols.

With that said, do you think 15mg of SWIYs Bufo will be sufficient to produce very intense OEV visuals? If not, then how much? This is what draws SWIM to Bufo in particular, for his own reasons - the beautiful and intense visuals spoken of by many.

Jorkest
#337 Posted : 3/14/2009 11:21:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea 15mg probably would..SWIM also thinks that 69ron has interesting sensitivity that he probably has cultivated over his lifetime..SWIM has gotten more sensitive to things since he began..so it may take you more to get effects than him..or less even..i think bufotenine has a much broader effect pattern than dmt does...dmt causes a very certain kind of reaction..while bufotenine seems a bit more chaotic and random..

at 10mg the OEV's were very strong..just not visions strong..the closest thing SWIM can relate it to is small to midrange dose of dmt with open eyes..except not as plastic looking..more soft and fuzzy..squirmy and such...at least for SWIM...he is going to experiment with THH and harmaline with it to see if they enhance the visions a bit..SWIM has heard rumors that that is so...he is also going to try using some Rhodiola rosea to enhance the visuals a bit..he has read that rosea makes visuals more colorful for ayahuasca...and maybe some theobromine..who knows

but the best part about bufotenine is that it DOES NOT send your mind off into a cloud of crazy thoughts...its more like sitting back and watching a movie...except of tripping..its like the kind of dmt that you can really use the rest of your life..because it doesnt shatter your world apart every time you use it..SWIM rarely likes smoking dmt anymore because its so strong..and really affects the way you interact in this reality..and it puts you way 'out there'...people start thinking you are fucking nuts because of all the crazy stuff you talk about..constantly..

also bufotenine is so easy to fall asleep to...most of the time SWIM doesnt even remember going to bed after smoking it...he just kinda wakes up in bed in the morning..

another interesting thing is mixing it with a bit of DMT..REALLY enhances the visuals..SWIM saw some of the coolest visuals while on some 'acid' and he smoked some dmt and bufotenine..he smoked the bufotenine first..because it takes a bit to kick in..and then smoked the dmt after...and it was like watching the surfaces of everything changing material..like new textures and colors would sort of bloom out of the surfaces as you look at it...really really cool

bufotenine is like wonderfully open software..its able to do many things and isnt as defined as dmt is..dmt is like specialty software or a program...like iTunes..bufotenine seems more like dos or some operating system..

you can plug in all sorts of new information(different drugs) to run through it..i mean you can do that with dmt too..but dmt's effects are just so powerful it kinda washes over the effects of other drugs..because it takes you out of your body so much..while bufotenine leaves you completely intact..able to feel and think clearly..its really quite wonderful...it takes a lot longer to form a relationship with it compared to dmt..its very interesting
it's a sound

Bodhisattva
#338 Posted : 3/14/2009 11:29:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
SWIM tested his cleaner bufo...he put it in a little pipe with some honey mullen hash(honey, mullen and hash all together) he smoked maybe 8-10mg..and has wonderful and strange visuals..its extemely enjoyable..something he feels he could do most of the time.

Jorkest, SWIM wanted me to ask you if SWIY could describe his visuals and the sensations of euphoria he felt? How quick they came to pass, how long they lasted, what kind of things he did or didn't (or couldn't) do while under the effects?

Thank you so much.

Jorkest
#339 Posted : 3/14/2009 11:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM slowly smoked his dose over the course of say 10 minutes..he was a bit buzzing from some beer..which probably also helped with the vasoconstricting effects..the effects come on slowly after a few minutes...you can feel this slight tingly in the back of your head right after you blow out your hit..and then that subsides as the visuals increase over the next 10 minutes it seemed like to him...the body high was warm and comfortable..its hard to say really what it was like..but the visuals that SWIM seems to get are very worm like..squirmy but also looks like everything is really fuzzy..with like at least 6 inch fuzz that is moving around in every dimension..like worms..he just sat back in his chair and watch everything moving about for a few hours..and then somehow crawled to bed..SWIMs memory is slightly fuzzy from the alcohol too..and we all know how dmt's can make you a bit forgetful..but anyway..SWIM was still able to think clearly..and smoke bufotenine for ten minutes..slowly slowly taking his dose in..the come up very gradual..but noticeable as his visual field started to transform in from of him..he is interested in working with this material more...

everything gets really bright too..sorta like sub breakthrough doses of spice
it's a sound

Bodhisattva
#340 Posted : 3/14/2009 11:55:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was typing as you posted that last explanation - very nice! Extremely exciting. SWIM cannot wait to get this ball rolling for himself. So for someone who doesn't want to muck with MEK/Heptane, can one simply follow the 6 steps above using Acetone and D-limonene (maybe with another boil after the first time, for a bit longer duration) from start to finish?

Let me make sure I have this all straight.

In step 3, SWIY is pouring his Acetone solution down over the 50g of seeds to be filtered out through the cotton balls and out the bottom; the resulting acetone is poured in again, and again, etc. Is the acetone (600ml total) collected or discarded once the 10 pours are done? If I am not mistaken, the Acetone contains the alkaloids, right? Then in step 4 the FASA is used to clean it to an extent?

In step 4, you said SWIY used "lots" of FASA - how much was this in total? Is he just adding Fumaric Acid to the collected acetone, or is he adding pre-saturated acetone to the non-saturated acetone?

In step 5, after SWIY dries the freebase, is he simply putting the freebase into some kind of container, adding 75ml of Actetone, and stirring.. then pouring through a cotton filter?

In step 6, should SWIY use more D-limonene due to his comments later on about it not being able to hold that much Bufoteine? Perhaps 100ml per boil, done twice (to produce cleaner results).

Thank you for clearing this up for a novice.

«PREV1516171819NEXT»