We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1011121314NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

coz42
#221 Posted : 2/8/2009 10:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So if SWIM were to defat with ethanol, freebase with calcium hydroxide, and pull with a d-limonene/acetone concoction.. could FASA precipitation be applied here and speed things up a bit? So thinking something like this:

* Grind up 25g seeds&toast
* Defat with ethanol, dilute with water and pour through separatory funnel
* Acidify with hcl, shake it a bit, and boil for 5min
* Remove solution, basify seeds with calcium hydroxide, add water, boil once more
* Prepare, say a 1:4 solution of anhydrous acetone/d-limonene(?)
* Continue to pull, heat, and add fasa respectively
~Repeat pulls

Is there anything wrong with this?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#222 Posted : 2/9/2009 1:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you cant defat with ethanol because it picks up the bufotenine salts as well..

what SWIM did was extract from the seeds with ethanol(95%) and then evapped...defatted with MEK..and then freebased with sodium carbonate...then pulled with MEK:heptane

not sure how the d-limonene:acetone and FASA will work..nobody has even tested d-limonene:acetone yet..so your ratio may need changes...

with the way SWIM did it..you only need to freebase once...no turning anything into a salt..
it's a sound

obliguhl
#223 Posted : 2/9/2009 9:19:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We need to get rid of the MEK as it's watched where my friend lives..I don't know about the US. I would love to contribute, but I don't have the expertise and place to experiment a lot. So I guess I'll wait till someone found the acetone:naphta ratio as I don't want to risk smoking the toxins ....

Jorkest
#224 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

somebody just needs to sit down and experiment with the ratios is all...
it's a sound

69ron
#225 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very simple, and doesn’t take long to perform the tests. Most of the time is taken up by just letting it dissolve and then evaporating it overnight. The amount of actual work is maybe 15 minutes to perform 9 solubility tests with 9 different ratios. Next time SWIM does an extraction he’ll do some more tests and come up with mixes other than the 2:3 MEK:heptane mix that works. But don’t hold your breath. SWIM has a lot of bufotenine from his last extractions. Since bufotenine is so potent (10 mg is enough for strong visuals) he’s got enough to last him for many months or even years (depending on how frequently he uses it).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#226 Posted : 2/9/2009 5:51:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I defatted my yopo snuff, do you think it would make a huge difference as far as controlling the nausea. I mean, the nausea is not debilitating for me, but I would love to be able to focus more on the experience instead of how pissed off my stomach is.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

obliguhl
#227 Posted : 2/9/2009 9:29:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What ratio yould SWIM propose me to try? And: Does anyone know what the A.colombrina *Fat* type is?

Jorkest
#228 Posted : 2/12/2009 5:17:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe maybe start with 1:2 acetone:naphtha(or d-limonene)

SWIM had a question..so say hes got some evapped 95%ethanol..but its still got a bit of liquid in it..probably water..because it doesnt smell like alcohol...now he was wondering if he could add acetone to that to defat it while it was still wet...or does the water hold some of the bufotenine salts and would thus get picked up by the acetone when it mixed with the water..

or would it just separate the water from it too?
it's a sound

Trips
#229 Posted : 2/12/2009 12:10:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is store bought Acetone "Dry" enough, or does it have to be true, expensive anhydrous ammonia?

Jorkest
#230 Posted : 2/12/2009 3:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

um acetone and ammonia are two completely separate things

ammonia is a base..and acetone is a solvent..

the reason acetone has to be anhydrous is because other wise your extraction will have water in it...which will also hold some impurities..
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#231 Posted : 2/12/2009 4:13:54 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Jorkest wrote:
maybe maybe start with 1:2 acetone:naphtha(or d-limonene)

SWIM had a question..so say hes got some evapped 95%ethanol..but its still got a bit of liquid in it..probably water..because it doesnt smell like alcohol...now he was wondering if he could add acetone to that to defat it while it was still wet...or does the water hold some of the bufotenine salts and would thus get picked up by the acetone when it mixed with the water..

or would it just separate the water from it too?

acetone will mix with water and will carry away some of the bufo salts. SWIY's better off waiting for it to dry!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#232 Posted : 2/12/2009 4:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah thats what he did since he didnt get an answer right off..thanks for the reply Infundibulum..
it's a sound

Trips
#233 Posted : 2/12/2009 4:45:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
um acetone and ammonia are two completely separate things

ammonia is a base..and acetone is a solvent..

the reason acetone has to be anhydrous is because other wise your extraction will have water in it...which will also hold some impurities..

Yeah, that was just stupid... Anhydrous Acetone. Sorry. I think Anhydrous and I think meth for some reason. :S Hence the anhydrous ammonia.

LOL! Trying to do an extraction not knowing the difference between acetone and ammonia!

Trips
#234 Posted : 2/12/2009 4:46:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Are the differences that dramatic between anhydrous acetone and store bought acetone?

Trips
#235 Posted : 2/12/2009 5:22:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nevermind, I'm not thinking. I'll just dry it myself.

Trips
#236 Posted : 2/12/2009 11:04:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone used this tek? Pulled from Erowid... Any success? Seems easy and requires nothing really stinky.

So I played around quite a bit and finally invented my own very extraction technique. Here’s how it’s done. Boil the powdered beans in water made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid for about an hour, and then filter out the beans, and repeat 2 more times with new water, also made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid. Concentrate the combined water extracts down and evaporate to leave some solid brownish gunk. Weigh this gunk and measure out an equal portion of calcium hydroxide (the same pickling lime used to make Yopo and Vilca snuff!).

Dissolve the gunk in a small amount of isopropyl alcohol, just enough to make it a thick syrupy liquid, then add an equal portion of water, then mix in the calcium hydroxide. Mix it very well. You don’t want any clumps. It should be the consistency of thick pea soup. Let it sit for about 6 hours for the calcium hydroxide to react with the bufotenine, creating the basic salt calcium bufotenate. Now evaporate it (you can use an oven at 300 F for this step). Once it’s evaporated completely add a generous portion of acetone. Mix it well. The acetone won’t dissolve any of the calcium hydroxide, or much else, but will easily dissolve the calcium bufotenate. Let it sit an hour or more for the non-soluble particles to sink to the bottom, once the acetone takes on a clear dark amber color, poor your mix through a filter to obtain the acetone.

You can repeat the acetone extraction with new acetone a few more times until its clear. Evaporate the combined acetone to get an extremely potent extract that is nearly 90% pure calcium bufotenine, which is one of the most potent forms of bufotenine. It’s the form found in properly make Yopo and Vilca snuff that has been used for thousands of years in South America. It’s more psychoactive than free-base bufotenine and much more psychoactive than the acidic salt form found in the unprocessed beans.

When I first tested the extract in Brazil I didn’t know it was nearly 90% pure bufotenine.

Jorkest
#237 Posted : 2/13/2009 12:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive read that ...but calcium bufotenate is not proven to be created by that tek
it's a sound

Ethnochemist
#238 Posted : 2/13/2009 3:45:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also read many similar teks, they compare "calcium bufotenate's" effects to freebase bufotenine. They don't mention how they got the freebase bufotenine though, maybe when they used calcium hydroxide they just freebased it better. Might also have to do with purity. Jorkest, swiy was describing in this thread the difference in effects from swiy's dirty bufotenine and final product.....pretty different.

E.C.

Jorkest
#239 Posted : 2/13/2009 3:51:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dirty product will make you sick...much puking..for a few minutes..but that has nothing to do with freebasing..it has all to do with separating the toxins from the bufo..
it's a sound

69ron
#240 Posted : 2/13/2009 4:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it's the toxins that make you ill, not the freebase bufotenine. Freebase bufotenine is an off-white crystal. Unless your tech ends up with an off-white crystal, it's not pure bufotenine. Most techs end up with amber material. The amber alkaloid makes you ill.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

«PREV1011121314NEXT»