We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Visuals from pressure on eyes. Options

Johnny_Anyseed
#1 Posted : 2/8/2011 12:35:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoke a lot so I end up with dry eyes, I'll rub them and you can see some pretty crazy fractals. Anyone else see this? What do you think it is? I couldn't really find much info.
Take these posts with a grain of salt, or more if it's bland.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Crystalito
#2 Posted : 2/8/2011 1:18:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What you are experiencing is propably entoptic phenomena. Thats the fancy way of saying visuals that the source is the eye itself. They could be categorised as phosphenes, which are visual phenomena that arise when the eye is stimulated by other stimuli than light :for example pressure (rubbing). While the eye generates them, its up to the brain to "make sense" of them hance they can appear in many forms -from simple dots to even organised geometric shapes.

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 2/8/2011 5:19:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, James Kent who wrote Psychedelic Information Theory also said that it's pressure phosphenes.

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 2/8/2011 7:14:31 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yep, simply because of the pressure. Theoretically happens to everyone.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jbark
#5 Posted : 2/8/2011 7:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get dim, intricate spider web patterns in a sea of floating grey and red noise. Not really an avenue i want to pursue further though - I value my eyes!Smile

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:05:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

dali was an avid phosphene fan
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Johnny_Anyseed
#7 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
I get dim, intricate spider web patterns in a sea of floating grey and red noise. Not really an avenue i want to pursue further though - I value my eyes!Smile

Cheers,
JBArk

Ya, it kind of looks like the design on my eye with little dots of color and stuff. It's cool to put a name to it though. entoptic phenomena, Phosphene.
Take these posts with a grain of salt, or more if it's bland.

Lucent
#8 Posted : 2/9/2011 6:31:00 PM

White

Is it bad for your eyes? I do this quite often and always assumed it wasn't good for my eyes, but is it actually bad for them? Usually I get a slight vision impairment afterward, but it fades away. Similar to how if you stand up too fast your vision goes black sometimes and then slowly comes back.