We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Does salvia give you euphoric effects?
Choice Votes Statistics
No 9 30 %
Maybe a little 11 36 %
Considerable euphoria 6 20 %
Let's go frolic in the forest!! 4 13 %

123NEXT
Salvia Euphoric? Options

maxzar100
#1 Posted : 2/8/2011 5:42:27 AM

Earth Child

I notice that I get some effects from salvia that none of my friends do. I just smoked just one bowl of some strong leaf for the first time in about 2 months, and I felt extremely euphoric.

Salvia gives me a better euphoria then the best water hash, Is this the same for you all?

I am still feeling pretty good and it has been about 45 min.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Apoc
#2 Posted : 2/8/2011 6:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no. Why can't I vote?

maxzar100
#3 Posted : 2/8/2011 6:22:16 AM

Earth Child

not sure
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:

proto-pax
#4 Posted : 2/8/2011 6:35:13 AM

bird-brain

I feel rejuvenated, but then again my last trip was an OBE where I watched my soul flow through my just my soul circling possibly, but my soul always flowing throughout me. a very beautiful experience.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Lavos
#5 Posted : 2/8/2011 7:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

euphoric? perhaps. I smoked a leaf joint today and everything rippled vibrantly, including me Very happy so, in my opinion, at proper dose + set + setting, salvia can definitely be euphoric....

hmmm, begins thinking of a salvia quid during an X come up
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 2/8/2011 11:21:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If there is one visionary drug which is NOT euphoric, it must be salvia.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 2/8/2011 1:02:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Just confusion here.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 2/8/2011 2:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I rarely find salvia euphoric during an experience. During an experience, there is usually an emotional flatness – it’s as if all emotional responses are muted (maybe this is why I’ve never had a really difficult experience with salvia). The afterglow is usually very nice though.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jbark
#9 Posted : 2/8/2011 3:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The salvia experience itself has always been for me at best neutral and mildly, enjoyably disorienting and at worst, terribly dysphoric. The afterglow, however, is unequaled in euphoria, a euphoria that is commensurate with the strength of the experience and that tapers slowly from a peak 5 minutes after "returning" to up to 2 hours.

Oh, and i can't vote either. Seems that every poll for the last month or so has been missing a vote button...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Rising Spirit
#10 Posted : 2/8/2011 5:07:28 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

High Folks,

I couldn't get the vote feature to function either. What's that about? I also concur with gibran2 and jbark, during the PEAK of the Salvia Divinorum trip, I don't believe I have a valid reference point to qualify any recognizable feelings, like euphoria. Now, after the return cycle, I do feel relieved and quite content to be back in a universe where I can make some semblance and ordinary sense of things. Hallelujah, my subjectivity is back again!

Whether this is my feeling because the Salvia experience is so dissociative and weird... or because I have freshly learned or just remembered a special lesson, in the process, is something I must think on a bit more deeply. Nothing in Salvia World is exactly what it seems. A dream-like, panorama of symbolism can accompany this trip, mixing up my subjectivity and even my feelings are in for to a roller-coaster ride of dissociation, reinterpretation and rediscovery. Shocked

Sometimes find myself being the central focal point of awareness (consciousness?) of an inanimate object or a movement/force within an energy pattern, spiraling like a wheel into an infinity of abstractions and continuum. Other times, I resemble my earthly self, yet, within a bizarre and magical carnival atmosphere (where all the waking life rules have radically changed). There is a reoccurring theme of unification, however, usually in the form of some kind of sameness energy constituency, which is the fundamental building block of existence. Fuzzy and dream-like but crackling with electrical energy, there is always something unusual going on, that's for sure. Quite the buzz!!! Now, these "building blocks" are usually perceived as glowing, circular blobs/dots/points of light energy which: gush, ooze, ripple, flow and even geyser in a liquid-like fashion. Often washing me along within some energy current of sorts. I become the rushing flow of glowing dots (or was I always this current of dots?). The proverbial particle/wave paradox, Lady Salvia-style?

I vote Maybe A Little. Mostly because I cannot decide if what I am feeling after my return cycle, is actually euphoria or something else (?), since I do not speak Salvianese and don't know enough about the territory to qualify any reasonable definition. It does not feel the same as with: LSD, mescaline, P. mushies or DMT. I do feel rejuvenated and perhaps even reborn... but not exactly euphoric (not in the sense that MDMA (ecstasy) yields to my perception of reality). maybe there is a learning curve to this euphoria, like with reverse tolerance?

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Lavos
#11 Posted : 2/8/2011 6:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to point out that though I claim euphoria when smoking leaf, it is quite different still from the mescaline/mdma euphoria. Light doses of salvia make my head and body feel light, my breathing is relaxed yet strong. It's not a 'damn I feel good' feeling, just a nice relaxed clear state.

On the other hand, as mentioned, there can be considerable euphoria in the return to this memory (life). Hands down, I had never been so glad to just be alive as when I returned from breaking through on salvia and maoi. Basking in all the ups and downs of trouble and joy in life.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

rOm
#12 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia doesn't produce euphoric effect when SMOKED but the afterglow is very peaceful.
Sublingual tincture is more playful IME (how is quidding vs sublingual liquid extract BTW ?°Pleased....
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jbark
#13 Posted : 2/8/2011 9:05:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW the voting mechanism has been fixed.Smile

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

ElusiveMind
#14 Posted : 2/8/2011 10:22:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM finds Salvia to be more neutral overall since with the high dissociative effects, I usually find little emotional effects. The only time SWIM notes any euphoria is after the experience. This mild state of euphoria lasts in a ratio of 1/4 the length of the trip when smoked and roughly 1/2 the length of the trip with sublingual or quid methods used.
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

maxzar100
#15 Posted : 2/8/2011 11:11:27 PM

Earth Child

It is definitely different from the euphoria of mescaline, aya, mdma, etc, but for me I find it is definitely a euphoria of its own type, especially If I smoke it every day for a 2 or 3 weeks the euphoria will last throughout the day if I smoke it in the morning.

Quote:

The_Shaman
#16 Posted : 2/9/2011 12:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

agree with whats been said here, I recently tried Salvia leaf with B.caapi leaves and some mullien in a joint, ( no MJ) after a few tokes I had wonderful light visions of spinning squares off my fingertips, and was able to concentrate on this image, as they spun I had nice vibrational sensations from my fingertips radiating through my arms and legs, was quite pleasant and healing. this lasted all of a few minutes and gave me a nice happy feeling for hours. Euphoric? maybe a little Smile

Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

universecannon
#17 Posted : 2/9/2011 12:53:52 AM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

not usually, unless you count that huge rush of euphoria on the comedown of a rough one..that euphoric relief which surges through me as i realize i'm not dead and wont be stuck in an eternity of mind-fuck forever Very happy

the only time its genuinely euphoric for me is during one of the more tear-jerker experiences.. a very positive breakthrough like this can have euphoria.. but it feels much different than the euphoria via the classical psychedelics..hmmm..salvia..hard to explain!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Metanoia
#18 Posted : 2/9/2011 3:30:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with most of you. I don't feel anything at all during the experience most of the time. Fear may creep in if I've taken a large dose, but gibran puts it nicely by saying "an emotional flatness".

The afterglow is like no other, however. It's not a classic feeling of euphoria like MDMA produces, but I think it's better in terms of positivity. The positivity I feel after even a small dose can last for many days sometimes. MDMA produces those strong euphoric feelings, but then you come down, and it's gone. Salvia is sort of the opposite of MDMA in that respect. Dysphoria before, euphoria after.

burningmouth
#19 Posted : 2/9/2011 7:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
I think I read once that salvia can't produce euphoria because of its receptor. But I'm in the camp that says there is a euphoric affect.

When I'm tripping with extract, I feel like I'm in a salvia world that feels euphoric. Also, when I'm in the afterglow (plain leaf or extract), there is a strong positive feeling state, almost blissful.

If all I felt was a neutral state, I would have thrown my salvia away months ago.
(Unless the neutral state is very meditative and relaxing)

Metanoia
#20 Posted : 2/9/2011 10:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burningmouth wrote:
I think I read once that salvia can't produce euphoria because of its receptor. But I'm in the camp that says there is a euphoric affect.

When I'm tripping with extract, I feel like I'm in a salvia world that feels euphoric. Also, when I'm in the afterglow (plain leaf or extract), there is a strong positive feeling state, almost blissful.

If all I felt was a neutral state, I would have thrown my salvia away months ago.
(Unless the neutral state is very meditative and relaxing)

I'm definitely with you, it can and does produce euphoria. The neutral emotional flatness that gibran and I talked about is (for me at least) a very relaxed state, conducive to a meditative state. That's the impression I've gotten many times, that I could reach this state on my own through meditation, if I worked hard enough at it. Fortunately, I'm able to experience it through Salvia instantaneously, rather than spending most of my natural life trying to attain it. These entheogens we work with are fabulous short-cuts to profound states of mind.

123NEXT