We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction of Phalaris aquatica grass Options

Existentialhero1
#1 Posted : 2/8/2011 1:56:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys whats up,

I was looking into the extraction of Phalais aqatica and had a question about the purity of the final product. I read that Phalaris Aqatica has gramine, which can cause brain damage, other organ damage, central nervous system damage. As well as 5-meo-DMT and bufotenin. So when i extract This grass will i get pure DMT or will I also extract the other forms of DMT as well since they share many properties. Will it still be pure with an all natural food grade extraction? thanks every one below I will put the Text copy and past.

Phalaris species contain gramine, which can cause brd aain damage, other organ damage, central nervous system damage and death in sheep.[3]
Leaves and seedlings contain the tryptamine hallucinogens DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and related compounds.[4] A raw, dried plant Phalaris aquatica contains approximately 0.1% DMT, 0.022% 5-MeO-DMT, and 0.005% bufotenin.[5] A particular strain of P. aquatica from Italy, labeled 'AQ-1', was reported to contain in excess of 1.0% alkaloid concentration.[

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

No one has yet developed a tek and analyzed the final product to see its purity for these species. Its a goal though.

jamie
#3 Posted : 2/13/2011 5:08:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

can you please go into more detail about what your end product is actaully like?..what it looks like, yields etc..and also subjective effects, possible 5meo presence etc..

I have done a few extractions on wild arundinacea collected here in BC and while the end result, when smoked def had some active tryptamines present..the effects were minor had some unpleasant side effects..though I did not remove the gramine or hordenine and who knows what else is in arundinacea..these were all extractions that would have pulled fullspectrum from mimosa, so most likely would do the same with phalaris..

Also, do you use wild grass?..if so, when and where are you collecting it?..durring what season?..

The most promising results I had were from grass that I picked in winter. It was yellow and dead looking and there was a bit of snow on the ground even that day..the extract of that grass when smoked resembled what I have read of pure 5meoDMT and some of my experiences with chaliponga extractions..it was powerful and I had to immediatly lay down on the floor, energy pulsing through me..but visually it was not like DMT..it was def a tryptamine but was very quick, forceful and lacked the visuals of DMT..visually it was very voidish with just this glowing red hue behind closed eyes. I only tested that extract that one time. I still have it, though it's about 4 years old now so wont be touching it again.

I want to experiment more with the grasses, but Im reluctant after some of the side effects I had to deal with after smoking extracts that yielded mild results at best.
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#4 Posted : 2/13/2011 12:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Cyaphide any information on what eluents are used in silica column chromatography of phalaris or related extracts?

Quote:
4- No evidence whatsoever exists that Gramine causes brain damage In humans. Just because it Is harmfull to sheep means nothing, Remember CHocolate, tea and coffee can Kill dogs and cats.

Your right but that still doesn't mean its safe in humans. The reality is no one really knows.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/13/2011 1:10:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

merck index says gramine is insoluble in pet ether so maybe a simple naphtha re-x (or two) will get rid of it.. ?

by the way cyaphide, did you consider that maybe the gramine you extracted is specfically low on gramine but others may have more (depending on location, growing condition, harvest time etc?). I remember reading a paper on gramine and phalaris and how there were certain biotypes ( ?), that apparently some had more gramine, but usually the ones with more dmt had low gramine content