We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
since DMT seems to be controlling dreams and our perception of our surroundings alot.. Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 8/8/2008 12:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

..i thought that it might take your ability to dream away from you when you massively overload your system with DMT. has anybody ever had the experience that dreams aren't what they used to be? mr. strassman also did an experiment where DMT production was blocked in the body and therefore the patient percieved everything as vague, lifeless, grey.. not the way everything normally looks. could it be that thru taking large amounts of DMT our body could stop producing it on its own? i've never done any yet.. but since its a molecule which exists in our own system and seems to be controlling so many things in the body.. couldnt it be that one might damage oneself for lifetime thru taking it in pure form?

research is still at threshold level with this substance. i'm a little afraid that i could be damaging something permanently.

has there been further research dealing with this sort of problem?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 8/8/2008 12:55:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

the problem with the "dream theory" is that no way of assaying the compound in situ has been developed. to date, claims that dmt is produced during dreaming is largely unsubstantiated. not to say the theory won't be eventually supported by evidence, but it's still just a theory.

but hey, it's still nice to dream.

I've read a bunch of proponents who claim "lucid dreams are caused by dmt", or "your brain produces dmt just before you enter REM sleep". problem with this is that the known metabolic pathway for dmt production occurs primarily outside the brain. there's likely higher levels of bufotenine and 5-MeO in serum than DMT
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

burnt
#3 Posted : 8/8/2008 1:21:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

yes and there is also no evidence of DMT causing any negative long term side effects or brain damage outside of those that are psychological.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 8/8/2008 2:01:04 PM

The Great Namah

There is evidence that was taken by the Brazillian that says tha Ayahuasca is quite safe in the long term user. Granted this is not vaporized DMT, but oral dmt with an maoi, but the research says that people who use aya frequently are genereally more happy with their life than non-aya users. I also believe there was a study done in the Ayahuasca DEA trial (Feds VS UDV). That one stated almost the same thing as the Brazillian one. Aya users are less depressed, happier, and have less issues with REAL drugs (alcohol, meth, cocaine, opiates, benzo's). The US one is attached.

I personally do not believe that smoked DMT causes any problems other than resperatory.

My life has been much more fufilling since I started using DMT. Life in general has more meaning. I stopped dreaming for quite a while before using DMT (probably due to overuse of cannibis). But since stopping chronic MJ use and smoking DMT once a month or so I have VIVID dreams...sometimes I can even have vidid daydreams...like my eyes are open, I am fully awake, but I am having dreamlike visions that I can fully remember upon snapping out of it....Real awake dreaming!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#5 Posted : 8/8/2008 3:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have those daydreams too.. but also i like to inhale thc vapor. i think the main reason for heavy cannabis smokers not being able to remember their dreams is that cannabis just totally kills the short term memory. the short term memory is heavily involved in storing the dreams in our long term memory so we can remember it the next morning. i've also heard of dream improvement when using ginko in some form to enhance the short term memory.

those daydreams usually strike me when i'm in a timeless state while listening to music & chilling. last time really freaked me out. i was sitting on the edge of my bed having a conversation with my girl. i had a glass of water in my right hand. we had a little pause in the conversation and i closed my eyes just for relaxation purpose. while i had my eyes closed i thought i had just taken a hit from my vaporizer (i actually felt it hitting me) -i usually close my eyes when holding the vapor in my lungs. the next moment i opened my eyes and was very astonished of not having the vaporizer infront of me. instead of holding the bongs stem in my hand i was holding the glass of water. (it felt the same way in my hand) i then almost spilled my glass of water. it felt like i had travelled(in my mind)

this kinda reminded me of the feeling when regaining conciousness after a big hit of salvia. i was like.. what the fuck.. what am i doing here? wasnt i just over there?

i love those daydreams. and they cost nothing! i'm gonna try and improve those!

i recently got a wonderful ambient cd which seems to potentiate daydreaming. it actually scared the crap out of me at some point. the music got so intense.. it was almost like tripping.

check this cd out: Between Intervall - Secret Observatory

its very rare.. if you cant find it ill upload it somewhere for you.. -msg me if this should be the case.

peace!
may the light guide you to infinity and beyond.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#6 Posted : 8/8/2008 3:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i can also comment positively on not using other drugs like "fun drugs" after ayahuasca experiences.

i havent had ayahuasca.. but i once combined 3g penganum harmala with 6g psilocybe cyanescens.

i didn't even touch weed for like a year after that.

also the MAOi seem to be doing quite a well job of cleaning the body. its like the MAO cleans the body while the DMT cleans the mind. also MAOi seems to teach you not to eat crappy food. try eating a cheeseburger on MAOi - you will puke it out immediately and say to yourself what kinda disgusting crap are those guys sellin.. you call that food?!

burnt
#7 Posted : 8/8/2008 5:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

note that THC also indirectly effects the acetylcholine system which is heavily involved in dreaming. i dont see reason to think that DMT has much of anything to do with dreams.

SWIM does have more intense dreams after tripping but it could be an indirect thing much like how THC supresses them. i dont think endogenous DMT is much involved in incuding dreams. but i dunno for sure.

Neo Guado
#8 Posted : 8/8/2008 6:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I smoke pot about 3 to 4 times a week,and I dream quite often ,some weeks more then others.
Just like I always did..,there is one thing though.
Ive got the feeling my dreams are often a little les abstract.
(thats my very subjective opinion ,I must admit)
And more me in a parralel universe kinda thing,there have been times were I get dreams when I even get the other persons feelings and emotions (basicly his general state of being and sense of self)
Although it always does feel like me ,but a different me,sometimes with people I know
sometimes not.
Which I find a little disturbing,when I wake up,I get a difficult time ajusting back
to myself and my reality and feel like a got a serious ''trippy'' hangover.
I think that weed might play a role in this since i cannot remember me having these kinda dreams
as often as they occur now (about once every 4-5 months).
Maybe thats the reason Im drawn to entheogens and such...
β€œPeople believe I am what they see Me as, rather than what they do not see. But I am the Great Unseen, not what I cause Myself to be in any particular moment. In a sense, I am what I am not. It is from the Am-notness that I come, and to it I always return.” -Neale Donald Walsch-

oarguello
#9 Posted : 9/3/2008 12:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cheech wrote:
i can also comment positively on not using other drugs like "fun drugs" after ayahuasca experiences.

i havent had ayahuasca.. but i once combined 3g penganum harmala with 6g psilocybe cyanescens.

i didn't even touch weed for like a year after that.

also the MAOi seem to be doing quite a well job of cleaning the body. its like the MAO cleans the body while the DMT cleans the mind. also MAOi seems to teach you not to eat crappy food. try eating a cheeseburger on MAOi - you will puke it out immediately and say to yourself what kinda disgusting crap are those guys sellin.. you call that food?!

This is kind off topic but related to the person i am quoting.....I have actually lost weight when using MAOI( syrian rue tea) LOL...pretty much the day of, and next day or so, i dont have an appetite and only eat if i feel like i have low energy. I am a pretty big guy ( 5'10 msucular build but overweight at 225)and i have noticed i am not as hungry as i normally am and dont get cravings or hunger pangs(sp?). Although i doubt you could bottle and sell Rue Tea...mostly because it tastes like crap. LOL...and MOSTLY MOSTLY because i think Rue tea is illegal?

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 9/3/2008 1:10:35 AM

John Murdoch IV

Smoking Salvia divinorum gives me a lot of dreams. If I smoke a high dose I can have vivid dreams for 1-2 weeks every night. But it depends on the trip. Some Salvia trips are just kind of bullshit, but the deep ones that dive into your soul give me dreams afterwards. It's like the trip releases something. That's what I feel.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!