We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Face flushing after DMT Options

CDClock
#1 Posted : 2/5/2011 3:44:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I'm new to the forum.

Having acquired some n,n-dmt I was excited to partake in it, although anxious because, well it's DMT Razz

Anyway, I've smoked it a few times, only getting visuals once. However, a few times when I have smoked it my face has turned very red and I get lightheaded when I stand up... This is when I have a dose that is enough for me to feel a pretty strong body buzz.

IS this normal? Am I allergic to DMT or something? I don't want to go further into the experience if I'm having bad physical reactions.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Did you extract it yourself or can you at least be sure of it's purity?

CDClock
#3 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:43:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

it was obtained from a friend but several other people smoked it without these symptoms

CDClock
#4 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:46:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ill add that since im new to dmt ive got a lot of adrenaline running through me when smoking it too... could the flushed face be a result of this + fast heart rate?

soulfood
#5 Posted : 2/5/2011 4:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An increase in heart rate is very common.

I often feel adrenalized and deflated at the same time, but I usually feel a little colder rather than flushed.

CDClock
#6 Posted : 2/5/2011 5:11:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, is it possible my face is just turning red because of all the adrenaline going through me before/while I'm smoking the DMT?

soulfood
#7 Posted : 2/5/2011 5:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I guess.

My friend I smoked with the other day looked quite tomatoey actually. But I call him symptom Smile

Xatsh
#8 Posted : 2/8/2011 1:26:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got a similar reaction. I felt very hot all of a sudden and started to sweat. Nothing to be worried about; something to be aware of. I certainly wouldn't combine anything that raises your body temperature or heart rate in the mix with something that already does, i.e. alcohol, ecstacy, speed w/e.

I knew a lot of people who loved to go overboard, a lot of them can't carry their train of thought anymore.

I don't want to put any negativity into the ordeal, just some friendly warnings. Stay hydrated, stay safe.

Mercury_Hg
#9 Posted : 2/10/2011 5:54:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Google search led me here: http://forums.mycotopia.net/botanicals-cactus-misc-entheogens-psychedelics/45769-health-risks-associated-smokine-dmt.html. The first post has the quote:
Quote:
"Our original DMT study demonstrated that DMT raised blood levels of beta- endorphin, cortisol, adrenal stimulating hormone....... In addition, we found rises in blood pressure, heart rate, pupil diameter, and core temperature in response to DMT"

Your symptoms would seem normal, based on this description. If you have a healthy cardiovascular system, you should be perfectly fine. If you can endure hard exercise, you can handle DMT.

Also, I'm assuming from your description that you're a little apprehensive about smoking DMT. Take it easy; move slowly. It's possible to bump yourself up every couple of minutes or so to get a feel for the first plateau of DMT. This should reduce your anxiety. Being prepared to let go entirely will help as well.
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.