We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I-Ching Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:43:50 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Just curious to what peoples thoughts on the I-ching i myself enjoy drawing oracles on the new moon or full moon i guess what i am curious to know is how many of you have every used the I-Ching and was basically amazed by how accurate there drawing was?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:59:25 AM

Nobody Uses The I-Ching.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

blue lunar night
#3 Posted : 2/5/2011 3:26:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The I-Ching is the most concise, insightful, and elegant divination method that I have used.

I highly recommend 'The Complete I-Ching' translated by Alfred Huang... by far the best version in English that I know of...

Shaggy Shaman
#4 Posted : 2/5/2011 3:36:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use "The I Ching or Book of Changes" Wilhelm/Baynes Edition. Printed in 1971!

I use it on occasions when intuitively guided to do so. I paraphrase Crowley's reference to the I-Ching in saying pragmatism was never far from the mind of the Chinese even in their divination. I particularly like that you get answers and also guidance on how to be a "superior man" that relates to the question as well.
"Knowing how you actually want to feel is the most potent form of clarity that you can have. Acting on generating those feelings is the most creative thing you can do with your life.”
– Danielle LaPorte

"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
— Tom Robbins

elphologist1
#5 Posted : 2/5/2011 5:03:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Probably a good thing, not because it has any special "powers", but because it gets you thinking about the situation you are trying to analyse and eventually reaches a conclusion. Kind of like I think reading your horoscope each day is helpful. Not because of any correlation between zodiac signs and events in your life, but more because it gets you to do something each day. If one day your horoscope says "Today is a good day to do that task you have been putting off" one day, and another day it says "Now is the time to renew old friendships", following these will likely make your life better. It wouldn't matter which zodiac sign you followed (your own or a different one) - the fact that you take some action each day is likely to be beneficial. Likewise with considering your problem using I Ching.

elphologist

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 2/5/2011 6:52:10 AM

yes very true i find the i ching to be very helpful if you are enduring hard times it is deff like something you use for guidance.
— Terence McKenna

Lavos
#7 Posted : 2/5/2011 6:52:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of 'drawing' lines. I take predictions seriously to a degree and don't want more than a couple a year. A lot to be thought about in one prediction.

I agree with having both books mentioned above. While I only have the newer more historical version, I like to reference lines online with other authors to get a more complete 'westernized' understanding.

The one time I did a coin prediction, and it was very fitting, though I did not want to listen.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 2/5/2011 6:53:49 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I use the Wilhelm translation, I have an old English copy and one in the original German.

The I Ching has always held some wonder for me as once I asked a question twice, and got the same answer.
On the third asking, I got an answer that said "only an impetuous student asks the teacher three times", and then I shut up.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Shaggy Shaman
#9 Posted : 2/5/2011 8:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
I use the Wilhelm translation, I have an old English copy and one in the original German.

The I Ching has always held some wonder for me as once I asked a question twice, and got the same answer.
On the third asking, I got an answer that said "only an impetuous student asks the teacher three times", and then I shut up.

LOL!
"Knowing how you actually want to feel is the most potent form of clarity that you can have. Acting on generating those feelings is the most creative thing you can do with your life.”
– Danielle LaPorte

"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
— Tom Robbins