We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
severe amnesia, is this normal? Options

monty p
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:19:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apologies for the long post but i feel its the only way to explain what im experiencing.

I am still new to dmt, i have a GVG and love it, used with an arc.
I have had maybe 20-30 doses of DMT over the past few months of varying sizes. I seem to have my smoking tek pretty nailed now and 20-25mg always provides a very strong experience.
I have had one breakthrough experience where i "think" i basically blacked out immediately on exhalation and when i "returned" i was HEAVILY intoxicated and could barely make sense of what i was seeing or who/where i was (which was awesome fun).
I have had at least 3 other very strange possible breakthrough experiences where after inhaling 25mg i feel the rising energy and humming/buzzing comes on strong then nothing, i come back to the room maybe 4 -5 mins later feeling completely normal with minimal visuals, almost like nothing even happened and literally NO RECOLLECTION of what has been happening for the past 5 minutes. If i smoke less than 20mg i get a very nice slightly visual experience but definitely nothing more so i dont think my dose is too high. Im going to experiment with some caapi soon as i have heard it can help with amnesia.
I have a few questions . . .
Is this common?
Does anyone else have experiences like this regularly?
Should i try upping my dose slightly?

Thanks in advance for any help/insights Smile
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I associate amnesia with too high of a dose, but it sounds like it’s not that simple. Some sublingual caapi alkaloids will help to slow things down a bit and make it easier to remember.

I have experienced this a few times, but it isn’t a frequent occurrence.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

monty p
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Too high a dose was my initial reaction but any less is not very eventful.
I have never taken caapi sublingually, how much would you recommend taking, how long before vaping and how would you prepare it?

Thanks gibran.
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:43:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

monty p wrote:
Too high a dose was my initial reaction but any less is not very eventful.
I have never taken caapi sublingually, how much would you recommend taking, how long before vaping and how would you prepare it?

Thanks gibran.

I take anywhere from 10-25mg sublingually about 30 minutes before vaporizing.
You can buy commercially prepared alkaloids online or extract your own from caapi vine using the easy TEK (stickied in the Harmala sub-forum).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

joedirt
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:45:02 PM

Not I

monty p wrote:
Apologies for the long post but i feel its the only way to explain what im experiencing.

I am still new to dmt, i have a GVG and love it, used with an arc.
I have had maybe 20-30 doses of DMT over the past few months of varying sizes. I seem to have my smoking tek pretty nailed now and 20-25mg always provides a very strong experience.
I have had one breakthrough experience where i "think" i basically blacked out immediately on exhalation and when i "returned" i was HEAVILY intoxicated and could barely make sense of what i was seeing or who/where i was (which was awesome fun).
I have had at least 3 other very strange possible breakthrough experiences where after inhaling 25mg i feel the rising energy and humming/buzzing comes on strong then nothing, i come back to the room maybe 4 -5 mins later feeling completely normal with minimal visuals, almost like nothing even happened and literally NO RECOLLECTION of what has been happening for the past 5 minutes. If i smoke less than 20mg i get a very nice slightly visual experience but definitely nothing more so i dont think my dose is too high. Im going to experiment with some caapi soon as i have heard it can help with amnesia.
I have a few questions . . .
Is this common?
Does anyone else have experiences like this regularly?
Should i try upping my dose slightly?

Thanks in advance for any help/insights Smile

You are like me. You don't require very much at all to have a break through experience.

Consider this. If you break through with 20mg...then 25mg is a 25% increase in dose size....

I have experienced the amnesia you talk about. I once took about 25-30 mgs on accident (wife didn't finish her's)... Based on the recording we made of the event I passed out for about 4 minutes. When I came to I sat straight up in bed and gasped for air as though I was drowning. At this moment I immediately went for my wife's hand to comfort me...At that moment I was tripping harder than I ever had before.... It lasted a full 10 minutes with insane OEV and the CEV's lasted about 20 minutes total.

What you are experiencing is a dose size to large for yourself IMHO.

If you get a break through on 20 mgs like me then count yourself as a lucky one. Our DMT goes twice as far as some, and 3 times as far as others. The downside is that you have to be much more careful with your personal dose size as smaller increases in mgs for you is a larger percentage increase than for other people. Someone that requires 40mgs and does 45 mgs has only increased his dose by 12.5%....by contrast to your 25% increase!

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

gibran2
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:12:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
...If you get a break through on 20 mgs like me then count yourself as a lucky one. Our DMT goes twice as far as some, and 3 times as far as others. The downside is that you have to be much more careful with your personal dose size as smaller increases in mgs for you is a larger percentage increase than for other people. Someone that requires 40mgs and does 45 mgs has only increased his dose by 12.5%....by contrast to your 25% increase!

I’m in the same boat – I need a little bit over 20mg to have a breakthrough, 25mg is a moderately strong breakthrough, and 28mg is extreme. Shocked

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:15:51 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

That sounds interesting, I agree with joedirt, your dosage range is very delicate, you should consider a purchasing a milligram scale.

Also, you may want to try a small amount of harmalas, either sublingually, or smoked. It may help in grounding your experiences, Still very intense, but It might help with your black outs.

I find I remember more of the experience when using harmalas, but I usually breakthrough with DMT alone.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

melange
#8 Posted : 2/5/2011 7:58:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been my experience that it is the elves that decide what you get to take back with you. Probably in your own best interest. They wiped my very 1st breakthrough from memory, (I could only recall that it was a "beautiful" experience) and I didn't remember it until a later breakthrough triggered the memory of the first one. I was then able to take that back from hyperspace.

DoctorMantus
#9 Posted : 2/5/2011 9:51:27 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Yea i would just say experiment with your doses starting low bout 30mg and find your right dose.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"