We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
One Year Later: a response. Options

Acolyte
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:29:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
“Lets not forget this terrible incident and be prepared to fight any attempts to change law in favor the Inquisitions ability to incarcerate good people, steal their property, children and by many other means, destroy the lives of people who do no harm to society."

-- erocx1

One year ago today BBB was raided by state and federal agencies.
Jonathan Sloan had broken no laws, yet faced $902,000 dollars in fines in an effort to bankrupt him. He is a member of our community.

I am tired of feeling stepped on and like a criminal merely for exploring myself and the universe. Yet history continues to teach us that the only thing necessary for injustice and oppression to thrive is for good people to do and say nothing. It is our silence that fuels a public ignorance that allows this to happen.

One of our members has written a book. I will not say who he is (and if you have suspicions, please keep them to yourself). This book is a science fiction that explores a world where talking to Aliens has been condemned as illegal... Many of you may not share in this premise. This book is merely A response, and not THE response--Entheogens obviously present the possibility for many viewpoints, this is just one of them. Personally, I encourage everyone to create their own projects.

This book may be a foolish waste of time no one cares about, or it may completely change the world; I honestly don’t know. I have read a draft and found it very well done, although it is not copy edited and may need another month or two of work. The author shared with me that any and all rational and constructive feedback is most welcome, and in fact desired. So do please share your thoughts; amazing things can indeed happen when people work together with love, dedicated courage, and intention...

Please share this with others as you find it appropriate.

The End of Human Space (public beta) $14.92

All the best and thank you for a life changing year.
We tired, and that is all we can do.

much love,

a
?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:10:47 PM

It kind of seemed like you just took a bunch of posts from the DMT-Nexus and put it into a book for profit.

I really, really hope any of my words are nowhere to be found in there. I don't resonate with the message of this book what-so-ever.

clouds
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:13:14 PM

Human

we know you have issues house. its alright.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:13:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I ain't supportin' sheeeit.
I already did my part by getting SP cuttings and a Psychotria clone back in the day
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

۩
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:14:46 PM

clouds wrote:

Yes I maybe have issues with someone just using a bunch of quotes from the Nexus and obscuring them.
I couldn't even finish reading it, and had to have every single one of my quotes removed from this, because they were obscured far beyond what I even said.

clouds
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:17:10 PM

Human

۩ wrote:
clouds wrote:

Damn right I have issues with someone just using a bunch of quotes from the Nexus and blabbing about incoherent alien contact...

and what were you expecting?

Acolyte has good intentions man.

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I couldn't even finish reading it, and had to have every single one of my quotes removed from this, because they were obscured far beyond what I even said.

To me, that is the only problem i have with this. I told Acolyte that im also not fine with "obscured quotes" and that i want to be quoted in verbatim. I believe in freedom of speech, so if he wants to spread his ideas, associations while building upon other people experiences, then thats fine with me. We all get inspired somewhere, we remix, we make new connections. Its just that not everyone is so open about it.

Anyone of you considered, that this situation could actually be a misunderstanding of some sort? People operate differently you know. That's why we need to talk to each other about our concerns.

Then, it boils down to how each party responds.

۩
#8 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:20:00 PM

I was expecting maybe use the quotes as is? I tried to warn people a few months ago...
The things he twisted me into saying were ridiculous. I can't even imagine how obscured everyone elses are...
If you're in this book, you may want to read over your quotes and see if they resemble what you actually said in the first place.

jamie
#9 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah..personally if i am quoted somewhere, I want to know every single thing that is quoted and I dont want to have to pay to read it..otherwise its plagerism. Im fine with being quoted, as long as I have access to it first. I cant afford to pay just to check out my quotes..Im financially poor enough as it is.

I wont say anything about the book as far as quality becasue I just dont know. I havent read it and cant afford to at the moment. I think if nexus people are quoted in it, it should be made freely available to each of them..that is the only fair thing to do.
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#10 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:22:44 PM

fractal enchantment wrote:
yeah..personally if i am quoted somewhere, I want to know every single thing that is quoted and I dont want to have to pay to read it..otherwise its plagerism. Im fine with being quoted, as long as I have access to it first. I cant afford to pay just to check out my quotes..Im financially poor enough as it is.

I wont say anything about the book as far as quality becasue I just dont know. I havent read it and cant afford to at the moment. I think if nexus people are quoted in it, it should be made freely available to each of them..that is the only fair thing to do.

I completely agree. It seems to me the author was a little sneaky about all this. Most of the people in there weren't even notified...

clouds
#11 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:36:02 PM

Human

۩ wrote:
Most of the people in there weren't even notified...

This was a project that Acolyte tried to create in order to give CEL something. He even made a couple of threads about it.
Its clear to me that he has good intentions. This is not something that popped out of nowhere, he did announce this.

You may or may not like it, but its not like if he is trying to get rich on this.

I'm out of this thread Laughing

gibran2
#12 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:36:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I don’t like the idea of having to pay to find out if my words are in the book, and I don’t like the idea of having to pay to review/edit the book.

Years ago I was approached by a publishing company to edit a chapter of a software development text, and guess what – they supplied the chapter and paid me for the editing work I did. That’s how it is normally done.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

۩
#13 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:38:13 PM

gibran2, if i remember correctly, you may have had a quote in the rough draft. and they are probably obscured...

ask acolyte for a .pdf

۩
#14 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:45:11 PM

Quote:
You may or may not like it, but its not like if he is trying to get rich on this.

Then why charge money for a book that consists majorly on other peoples' quotes?

And yes, I remember the announcements, like a year ago. It went from a book on educating the public on DMT, to taking a bunch of peoples quotes, obscuring them, and ranting about aliens...while not notifying some of the quoted until AFTER it's published....

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 2/4/2011 9:50:47 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

۩ wrote:
And yes, I remember the announcements, like a year ago. It went from a book on educating the public on DMT, to taking a bunch of peoples quotes, obscuring them, and ranting about aliens...while not notifying some of the quoted until AFTER it's published....

This is my issue...the work, as initially presented, was supposed to deal with the legal status of entheogens and the problems that we as a community of responsible people who wish to explore consciousness face in engaging these powerful (and mostly taboo) tools.

To hear that this somehow became sci-fi fantasy whatever with dmt-nexus quotes being taken out of context to push along some fictitious storyline involving aliens and god knows what else strikes me as wrong and unfair to those of us who were led to believe that this would be non-fiction and pertinent to the legal status of entheogens around the globe.

As it stands, I see no tie to CEL, other than maybe to claim profits from the book will support psychedelic research, which I feel is rather flimsy, given what was originally presented as the nature/purpose of this book.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#16 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah..I dont want to make this into some negative thing directed towards the author..like I said I have not read the book..it could be amazing for all I know..alot of what I say here is rooted sort of within one paradigm that is comprised of 2 seemingly opposing paradigms...that of the metaphore..and the world of the literal..both are true for me, but not in exlusion of the other...it's an odd point of view that fits in the world I live my day to day life within. I feel that it would be easy to take some of what I say far out of context and loose the more archetypal, dreamy or metaphorical aspects of my words..so I hope that what is kept in contextf, within reason.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#17 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
This is my issue...the work, as initially presented, was supposed to deal with the legal status of entheogens and the problems that we as a community of responsible people who wish to explore consciousness face in engaging these powerful (and mostly taboo) tools.

To hear that this somehow became sci-fi fantasy whatever with dmt-nexus quotes being taken out of context to push along some fictitious storyline involving aliens and god knows what else strikes me as wrong and unfair to those of us who were led to believe that this would be non-fiction and pertinent to the legal status of entheogens around the globe.

Agreed. When I first heard about the book last year I was excited because I was told it was about educating the public about psychedelic users and legal status. I was disappointed when I was later informed that the book would be about talking with aliens, which is something out of the individual author's head, not the users that the reader is supposed to learn about. I tried to discourage the author from publishing it in that context, but here it is, and from what I've read of it, I don't like it at all.

The nexus is free and the original context of our quotes exist here. Some of my stuff is in the book, but I am not happy that whatever I wrote is in the context of "the government makes it illegal to talk to aliens". I don't see why anyone from the general public would take such a work seriously. My quotes are in the book, and I don't even take it seriously! We don't need fuel added to the fire. It's most likely anyone who reads that will say, "dmt users are freaks". That is exactly the image we don't want to present.

Peopled say he has good intentions..... but then why ignore community members input? Not only community members, but the very people who provided the material for him? So yeah, it does annoy me that I wrote something freely available for the world to see, and now someone else is charging money for others to read my free words... and worst of all, adding his own weird "talking to aliens" spin on it, which I have zero interest in. I allowed my words to be written in someone elses book because I supported the cause that book was reported to stand for. But I don't relate to whatever message the book stands for in its finished form. From now on I won't be giving anyone permission to use anything I say for profit unless I am much more certain of what they are doing with my words.

Anyone who reads that book and comes here is going to come here with a preconceived notion that nexus members, and everyone who is quoted in that book, think along the lines of the author, and it's not true.

vovin
#18 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:17:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Hey!!!! Am I in the book???? Do I come off as Twisted Evil AWESOMETwisted Evil
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

۩
#19 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:31:37 PM

vovin wrote:
Hey!!!! Am I in the book???? Do I come off as Twisted Evil AWESOMETwisted Evil

Probably Wink

DMTripper
#20 Posted : 2/5/2011 1:49:12 AM

John Murdoch IV

۩ wrote:

Where did you get the chance to read this. I haven't been able to acquire a copy unless I pay for it! And I've even been told it has quotes from me. I don't like the smell of this.

This book should be available in the files section of the Nexus. Can someone here that has a copy please see to it that it gets there!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

12NEXT