We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long does spice 'keep/last' for? Options

Tamzin
#1 Posted : 2/4/2011 4:16:22 AM

Tamzin

Just a quick question.. I'm a bit worried about how long my spice will keep for, I store it in total darkness at room temperature. But how long will it retain its potency for, any idea? It's already 4 months old and I appears to be losing its potency :-/ ie can't seem to get breakthrough from it lately. Or is this some sort of resistance to the effects of it that I've developed now, rather than the spice spoiling?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

headphoneperson
#2 Posted : 2/4/2011 5:35:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It depends on what form it is in. A salt (DMT fumarate) will be much more stable and last much longer than the freebase form. Tryptamines in general are susceptible to oxidation and such forms of deterioration -- at least when compared to phenethylamines like 2c-e.

Specifically how long it will keep is hard to say. I have some enhanced leaf that I made with freebase last June and just had some today; seems as potent as ever Wink

Could be the breakthrough issues are just the regular waxing and waning of your own biochemistry? I've experienced that myself numerous times.
~ hpp

Tamzin
#3 Posted : 2/4/2011 7:10:51 AM

Tamzin

Hmm thanks for the heads up, maybe it's just me then. I won't panic yet then Smile

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:59:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FAQ:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ#Does_DMT_go_bad.3F

Your spice should be fine in 4 months, Ive smoked year old spice that had gotten a bit darker/waxier but was perfectly active. I think oxidation seems to happen only on the outside surface, most dmt seems to be intact. How often do you smoke dmt? Do you smoke weed too? What method of smoking are you using? I would guess the answer to your 'lack of effects' would be in either of those 3 questions

Seraph
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 5:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase DMT going bad is not something I would waste my time worrying about, the worst that could happen is that it will turn into DMT n-oxide. If it has turned into n-oxide you can do some kind of zinc reduction to turn it back into DMT, I don't know much about the n-oxide to DMT conversion as I never have my DMT long enough to worry about it going bad. Wink

Tamzin
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 10:40:49 PM

Tamzin

Thanks for the infos guys <3

vampir
#7 Posted : 2/9/2011 6:39:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're worried about it, put it in the fridge/freezer. A FOAF has kept 5g in the fridge for 3 months with no noticeable loss of potency.