We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
First Spice Doesn't Seem Right Options

Buttsack
#1 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:59:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had spice once before and got really nice effects from smoking it but no break through into hyperspace. The stuff which has just been made doesn't seem to give any effects at all but smells, looks and tastes similar. I've smoked 2x 50mg and just felt a few pins and needles after a big pull but not much else.

I've had 2 sessions, one was with a hash pipe and the other was with "the machine". What could have been made if I'm not getting any effects from it? Is it possible to get sodium hydroxide through the petroleum ether and I'm smoking that?

It was extracted from the acacia obtusifolia tree.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/3/2011 12:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lye isnt soluble at all in pet ether, plus it doesnt vaporize at lighter temperatures. Im not sure if there are any other alks in acacia obtusifolia that could be inactive.

can you post pictures of what you have? what does it look like? maybe recrystallize it?

Maybe its your smoking method and you're burning it with both ways? Try a bong with ash sandwich or invest (expensive but worth) in a glass vaporgenie

How long are you holding the smoke in the lungs? hopefully many seconds. Do you keep hitting till the whole thing is clear? Are you being careful with the lighter and keeping it as far away as possible? Is it possible the dmt is just melting somewhere in the pipe or machine and running away from the heat?

Buttsack
#3 Posted : 2/3/2011 12:46:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's good then. Is there any reason the lye smells similar to the spice?

Here's a pic of the finished product.

The first pull was a little bit gooey so another was with some petroleum ether did the trick and now it's nice and crystally.

I tried hard not to burn it. I wa definitely burning it in the has pipe. I also tried a test tube and just heated the bottom of it. That was pretty harsh and made my lips tingly and numb.

I've ordered a Glass Vapor Genie so hopefully that will arrive soon.

Is it likely that it's the right stuff and I'm just doing it wrong?

Buttsack
#4 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:25:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay so I tried with the GVG and still no luck. I get a slightly sedated feeling but nothing like the first stuff I got from elsewhere.

Could I be smoking something bad for me? Could it be spice and I'm just doing it wrong?

endlessness
#5 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What dosage did you smoke?

Buttsack
#6 Posted : 2/10/2011 2:38:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

0.03 grams the first and just then 0.05 grams.

The second time was much better but still no breakthrough. I got pins and needles in the back of my head, neck, all over my shoulders and party down my spine. What is this from? Is this a bad thing?

With the first spice I got though I had a big hit then it was like an instant wack into a trip, similar to mushrooms. It also felt like I had just woken up from a really good sleep. This stuff though isn't like that.

LandOfOz
#7 Posted : 2/10/2011 3:22:18 AM

Oz

ive seen two people get no effect from vaped dmt. i later learned they had huge problems with schizophrenia. dunno if it means anything.

the first and worst, he smoked it with a group of 9 of us my first time. he hit it looked around, and called his mom and had a totally normal convo with her. wasnt altered at all. very odd.

are you a cig/pot smoker? are you sure you know how to inhail? are u sure you have not confused the nature of dmt smoke with dmt vapor? i once met a kid(sheeple) who torched every hit of dmt he had ever taken and had come to know that as dmt....

how long do you inhail it over and howlong do you hold each hit?

tango
#8 Posted : 2/10/2011 6:38:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tried my first batch ever and not feeling anything Sad It's supposed to be DMT fumarate, I did the non-toxic extraction using limonene and fumaric acid. The result was some sticky brown stuff, very similar to dry peanut butter, which from what I've read in various reports seems to be ok. However I can't figure out how to vaporize the brownish stuff. It just sticks to the filter of the GVG, gets very dry and eventually burns if I bring the flame close enough.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? thanks

Mercury_Hg
#9 Posted : 2/10/2011 6:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you smoked your friends DMT the first time, whose pipe was it in?

It's plausible your friend had a build up of DMT in his pipe, which more readily vaporized. If you're not using a vaporizer, your first few hits will be mild until there's some buildup.
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

justine
#10 Posted : 2/10/2011 6:59:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tango wrote:
I just tried my first batch ever and not feeling anything Sad It's supposed to be DMT fumarate, I did the non-toxic extraction using limonene and fumaric acid. The result was some sticky brown stuff, very similar to dry peanut butter, which from what I've read in various reports seems to be ok. However I can't figure out how to vaporize the brownish stuff. It just sticks to the filter of the GVG, gets very dry and eventually burns if I bring the flame close enough.

DMT fumarate is hard to vaporize (high b.p.), you have to freebase it.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Buttsack
#11 Posted : 2/10/2011 7:00:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The first time was with "the machine"; a bottle with the hole drilled in one end and steel wool in the neck which is where you put the spice.

I had a pretty big hit the first time so maybe I'm not getting enough. Once I vaporize 50mg and if I'm not getting much from it should I just load up another 50mg and try again straight away or wait 15 minutes or so?

LandOfOz
#12 Posted : 2/10/2011 7:12:40 AM

Oz

OHHHH

dude you have to freebase dmt to vape it.... u can smoek acetate but only cause heat breaks off the acetic acid and freebases it.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:33:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Buttsack wrote:
endlessness wrote:

0.03 grams the first and just then 0.05 grams.

The second time was much better but still no breakthrough. I got pins and needles in the back of my head, neck, all over my shoulders and party down my spine. What is this from? Is this a bad thing?

With the first spice I got though I had a big hit then it was like an instant wack into a trip, similar to mushrooms. It also felt like I had just woken up from a really good sleep. This stuff though isn't like that.

Is it possible the spice is melting down the vaporgenie? Did you add an innert metal scrub/volcano liquid pad or a bed of herbs to trap melting dmt?

Pins and needles could be a sign of dmt, yeah, but then again thats not enough to say.

tango wrote:

As they said, you cant smoke dmt fumarate, you have to freebase it first. Check this out.

Buttsack
#14 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:45:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well me and a mate both had 2 tries at 50mg each time with a bit better results. I'm getting a bit better at vaping it and trying to get the entire 50mg in one hit. I was blown away after my second hit and my entire vision was gone for a split second but still no blast off.

What could I be smoking if it's not DMT? Could it be bad for me?

endlessness
#15 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:10:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im trying to find phytochemical studies on Acacia obtusifolia but im having a hard time. All I can see is some unsourced references claiming it has DMT and NMT, and possibly some other flavonoids and such (which shouldnt form crystals as such AFAIK and im not sure how soluble they would be in pet ether anyways).

There is little info on NMT, but considering it might also be present in mimosa and other ethnobotanical plants, I dont think it would be dangerous if that was it. In any case, according to the xlogp, theoretically it might be possible to separate it from dmt by recrystallizing, since it has a lower xlogp and therefore is probably less soluble in naphtha/heptane/hexane/petether than DMT. I dont know if there can be any other alkaloid in significant amount in Acacia obtusifolia, if you find any chemical studies, do share.

As I asked, is it possible its DMT but its maybe melting in the vaporgenie and not vaporizing? Did you add anything to prevent it from melting away from the screens? How does it taste?

Buttsack
#16 Posted : 2/10/2011 1:33:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
As I asked, is it possible its DMT but its maybe melting in the vaporgenie and not vaporizing? Did you add anything to prevent it from melting away from the screens? How does it taste?

Thanks for taking the time to look into my situation. It's very much appreciated. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find much on other alkaloids which is why I've been asking here.

In the GVG I've got a screen followed by some steel wool, followed by another screen with the spice on top. It seems to be vaping pretty good and not melting through. I've ordered some liquid pads, so I'll try them when they come. I'm going to try and get my hand on the other spice I tried and see if there's much difference.

Newfound_wonder
#17 Posted : 2/10/2011 3:06:39 PM

Harvie Krumpet

Quote:
Is it likely that it's the right stuff and I'm just doing it wrong?

It is puzzling that the spice produced no effects whatsoever. You can breakthrough with tinfoil and a dollar bill; technique is meant to control the mind-blowing effects rather than achieve them. SWIM never had problems getting effects from DMT even with the most primitive apparatus. My guess is that it's the spice; you should probably investigate that spice further before you ingest any more.

LandOfOz wrote:
ive seen two people get no effect from vaped dmt. i later learned they had huge problems with schizophrenia. dunno if it means anything.

It means you just indirectly labeled anyone who is resistant to the effects of DMT as schizophrenic, which I don't think is entirely true. I'd be more willing to believe that one too many DMT trips could send an otherwise healthy person into a state of schizophrenia, which also probably isn't entirely true.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

Standardkiwi
#18 Posted : 2/10/2011 7:56:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!
I feel for you.
But, my guess is that it's your technique, maybe you're to close with your lighter and "torches" the spice or exhales too quickly

But I'm sure you'll get some results soon! Smile

LandOfOz
#19 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:29:55 PM

Oz

you still havent addressed that you said you are trying to smoke a dmt salt. did you misspeak? you have to smoke freebase dmt.

and as per the schiz thing, both are true, but the substance and condition share a chemical base. dmt is peed out in much higher levels than a reg person. may mean nothing. may mean something. im not trying to say hes nuts, just that ive run across a connection.

Buttsack
#20 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:57:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could it be that I've got non pure DMT and when smoking it I have to smoke a lot more than 50mg to get the effects?

Could the other stuff just be some salts or would they be freebase because I only gave it one acetic bath?
I used this tek http://psilocyber.awards...w&id=12&Itemid=2

Would the "Lextek" be better because he uses a second acid wash to defat it.

12NEXT