We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
psychadelic toad Options

trashcan
#1 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:12:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the sonoran desert taod has glands that produce 5-meo-dmt and poison. It can be milked for about a gram of venom, per six weeks, which contains 75 milligrams of 5 meo dmt. I was wondering how safe it is to smoke it. considering if a dog eats a gram of the venom it will die.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:14:52 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Im almost Sure That You should be fine ingesting it might kill you but smoking is a different story read more up on it too see if you can find anything on it.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

trashcan
#3 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive read alot, i cant come up with much other than the fact that people do smoke it. theres gotta be a toxicity rate somewhere though. if someone found out the components of the venom then one could determine this. i am so far unable to do so

richierich_931
#4 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been looking into getting a toad for a few years. 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine)

It's poison (venom is injected) is in a wide class of bufotoxins that contain digoxin-like cardiac glycosides

"The first involves the cardiac glycoside-like effects of the bufagins; the second is the pressor effects of the catecholamines; and the third is the hallucinogenic effect of the indolealkylamines. After a toad had been ingested, it is difficult to evaluate which of these effects will predominate. Usually, the cardiovascular effects are the most prominent."
-Erowid

I would ASSUME that drying followed by combustion of the poison renders the unwanted bufotoxins and their associated cardiac effects null... just an assumption...

Mr. Davis, a Washington anthropologist, calls the effect [smoked] "a magical slap in the face."

Erowid link to Toad Toxins
http://www.erowid.org/an...oads/toads_health1.shtml
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 12:07:26 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Just try milking it into a pyrex dish and stick it under a light to speed up the drying.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

trashcan
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 12:29:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its easy to get it and smoke it, i just vant figure out if its safe

richierich_931
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 2:49:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The following compounds were identified in Bufo alvarius poison using paper chromatography:

N,N-dimethyl-5-hydroxytrytamine; bufotenine
N,N-dimethyl-5-methoxytrytamine; O-methylbufotenine; (5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltrypamine; 5-MeO-DMT)
5-methoxytryptophol
5-methoxyindoleacetic acid
5-hydroxytryptophol
5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid
N-methyl-5-methoxytryptamine
N-methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine
bufoviridine; N,N-dimethyl-5-hydroxytrytamine-O-sulfate
5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT; serotonin; enteramine; thrombocytin; thrombotonin
N-methyl-serotonin
tryptophan
bufotalindin; hellebrigenin; (a bufogenin - cardioactive sterol)

from http://www.bufoalvarius.org/erspamer.htm

Safety goes with moderation. I read somewhere about indians using the poison as a hallucinogenic, I'll try to find the source...
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been