We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT noise.. please describe it... Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 8/6/2008 4:58:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in reports i have read so far it is described as beeing felt like a sort of ringing sensation..

is this noise which occurs at the onset of a trip really heard as audio-noise or is it more like a kind of body sensation?

in reports it is beeing said that at some point the noise reaches an unbearable level.. is this like a really loud sinus wave sound like you hear when they do those hearing tests on your ears?

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 8/6/2008 6:40:38 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

carrier wave

it's similar to the sound in LSD, psilocybin, and 2CX experiences, but more intense
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

polytrip
#3 Posted : 8/6/2008 8:11:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When i say that to me it sounds like something is drilling a way through your skull, you would probably think it's very unpleasant. It is not that unpleasant at all, but still this is the most acurate discription of it i could give.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 8/6/2008 8:15:53 PM

The Great Namah

A rising buzzing tone. It reaches an apex and then stays....for a few.

The first few times I did spice the tone was so powerful I felt like I was being ripped apart by it. When I take off now there is very little if any carrier wave.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

extrememetal43
#5 Posted : 8/6/2008 8:44:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

like the sound of alien energy. the sounds heard lately have been profound...smoke that shit in silence and listen and tune in.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 8/6/2008 10:09:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I prefer silence too, DMT does make beautiful sounds of its own.

I have never heard this rising tone everyone talks about, my brother in law did!! It freaked him out heavy!!
The sounds I hear are more of the twinkling, chiming sounds like glass bells way off in the distance.

I also hear a kind of quiet, bubbling, "lumb, dub, lumb, blum, blum, lub, lumb, dub, dub, blub, dub..." in a low tone that rises and falls a note or two, a bit with each "word", also slowing & speeding as the ptch changes. Higher pitches are faster, lower pitches slow down. So it "vari-speeds" with the rising & falling of the tone. Its very soothing and seems like a language of some kind. I've heard myself making these sounds as I was coming out of the trance a few times, but I can't remember how to do it now. However I can remember what it sounds like in my head.

Both of these sounds and any "voices" that I may hear, including my own, are always echoed, like they are miles away and in a canyon or something.
And most sounds have a double octave sound to them. Like a high pitch "E" note with a low pitch "E" note at the same time. Not in a chord or anything like that, more like two voices talking or singing in perfect sync and harmony. But its always just two octaves, one higher and one lower.
Once again, this is a very soothing thing to hear!

Sometimes if I don't smoke enough spice to get a full on breakthrough, I will hum or "sing" in a low, continuous tone, kind of like those monks chanting. It feels warm coming out of my lungs and a lot of times it seems to keep coming like I'm not doing it anymore. To the point where I go long periods of time makeing these low chanting tone without taking a new breath.
Similar to playing a digirido correctly, with a circular breathing technique, but not consciously.

I wish I would hear the loud "carrier wave" people talk about!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorax
#7 Posted : 8/7/2008 11:26:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i hope i get to surf that wave soon! thanks for describing it folks!

peace & happiness!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Viracocha
#8 Posted : 8/7/2008 11:59:22 AM

..still lc..

I've been thinking,
We're all taking the same drug to get to this place. Presumably, we are all going to the same place and that place always has the same sound (same sound for them that is). But why does it sound different to each of us?

I hear almost spot on what warrensaged hears, and i've heard many others talk about carrier waves, tearing bread wrapper etc..

I used to be a telecommunications engineer, and I think there's some overlap here. In telecomms, for a message to be understood, the receiver needs to be synchronised to the sender. If the receiver is trying to interpret a message and is not synchronised to the transmitter then the message cannot be understood. Think of it as two side by side clocks, if the one on the right is eight times faster than the one on the left then there is little to no correlation between the two; at times they do line up for only for very short periods of time - in effect, if a message was being transmitted and listened to in real time with that being the situation for your syncronisation, then you've little chance of understanding a thing. Now, if the one on the right is only slightly faster than the left one, like 1/20th extra, then it will not look too bad at all (comparatively - realistically a lot of the message is still lost, but pieces that are intact with remain intact for longer, hence being able or almost able to understand words and phrases, music, ambient noises etc..).

Perhaps those who hear a greater range of sounds than others are more closely sync'd to the source (that place). I don't know to what i'd attribute the greater syncing abilities of some than others... perhaps, nup, i won't even begin to go into it

Also, it's much harder for a system to syncronise to a fast clock than to a slow clock. Smoked DMT is like a clock going about 1,000,000 times faster than standard, whereas oral DMT at times in the experience is almost 1:1 - much easier for us to sync to. This explains to me at least why I can understand the oral experience far more than the smoked. I was at a point with the smoked where I could almost catch full words (almost, in actual fact they get near the end and then skip, or repeat, or get stuck), but those days are coming to an end for me.

Do you get what i'm saying?
I know for a lot of my friends, they're definitely wow'd by the whole experience, but at the end of the day they really aren't seeing that place, or getting any kind of message. Some of them, finally after all my pushing, are now beginning to see the place, and hear the tones. In time, they'll hear the voices too - at least that was my progression into it. I guess the obvious guess as to syncing abilities is psychedelic awareness, but I also thing a big component could be inherent in people from birth.

The out of sync thing also explain the colour waves I always get on LSD

WSaged
#9 Posted : 8/7/2008 5:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally get what your saying Coschi and it does make some sense!!

Like old TV's, before cable. If the "rabbit ears" where not aimed just right you would get a picture but no sound. Or a blurry picture and garbled sound etc...

So where's my cable connection!!!
Laughing

I can sometimes even hear my name called out from far away.

When I took a S. Rue tea before smoking once, I could hear a low hum like a digerido playing almost the entire time. I also remember having a conversation with someone. But I don't remember what was said, I was alone in the house BTW.

You may be on to something there!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

xantus
#10 Posted : 10/13/2008 6:30:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this is the closest earthly thing to the sounds I hear in hyperspace
this particular rythm is very close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWiq7n4yTAw

Linga Sarira
#11 Posted : 10/13/2008 8:14:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Similiar to what Astral Projectors experience, its the frequency of your consciousness being forced upwards to tune into the higher frequency of higher dimensions. DMT really jams it up though! The first few times for me it was fearsome, high pitch and quite freeky, i recently had a breakthrough and didnt hear eny frequency at all, it was an instant dislocation into the DMT realm. On smaller doses I hear it everytime, hgher doses it seems the visual field and dimensional flowering in my consciousness takes over from the audio information, so it is probably still there but i am just not aware of it.

shoe
#12 Posted : 10/13/2008 2:30:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

actually for SWIM it was kinda like a word; yes rising in pitch and intensity but kinda like...

everything in the room twisted and recoiled in a 4th (spacial) dimension and went...

Qxxzermmnmnemmnernermnenxuasxmmnmnmnmnnznmnnmn.... (rising in pitch)

Thats pronounced : "qu-zernm-nmmn-mnmnm..." btw
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

to really study the carrier wave...try smoking some spice while on LSD...SWIM noticed one time when he took a huge fucking rip..that the wave is actually stretched out a little bit...and you can really focus on it...it comes in pulses
it's a sound

FetusFries
#14 Posted : 10/14/2008 9:47:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

buzzing vibrations for me. then the spice will scan my brain as if a virus scan on a computer and i can hear noises in my brain just like you would when your computer is scanning. it reminded my of "old shool" NIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQJSIGvy1M bout the first 4 seconds is more like it than anything.

it happens everytime i take a medium dose, not to breakthrough but not just the body high.
Everything I say is purely fictional and not meant to be taken seriously, I am a pathological liar seeking attention.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 10/14/2008 11:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

extrememetal43 wrote:
like the sound of alien energy. the sounds heard lately have been profound...smoke that shit in silence and listen and tune in.

yes! to me it sounds like some alien short-circuit insectoid energy Very happy

FetusFries wrote:
buzzing vibrations for me. then the spice will scan my brain as if a virus scan on a computer and i can hear noises in my brain just like you would when your computer is scanning. it reminded my of "old shool" NIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQJSIGvy1M bout the first 4 seconds is more like it than anything.

brain scanning sounds like a propper description too, and indeed those first 4 seconds are quite similar Very happy

Liquid
#16 Posted : 10/15/2008 1:19:45 AM

Beacon

warrensaged wrote:

The sounds I hear are more of the twinkling, chiming sounds like glass bells way off in the distance.

I also hear a kind of quiet, bubbling, "lumb, dub, lumb, blum, blum, lub, lumb, dub, dub, blub, dub..." in a low tone that rises and falls a note or two, a bit with each "word", also slowing & speeding as the ptch changes. Higher pitches are faster, lower pitches slow down. So it "vari-speeds" with the rising & falling of the tone. Its very soothing and seems like a language of some kind. I've heard myself making these sounds as I was coming out of the trance a few times, but I can't remember how to do it now. However I can remember what it sounds like in my head.

Both of these sounds and any "voices" that I may hear, including my own, are always echoed, like they are miles away and in a canyon or something.
And most sounds have a double octave sound to them. Like a high pitch "E" note with a low pitch "E" note at the same time. Not in a chord or anything like that, more like two voices talking or singing in perfect sync and harmony. But its always just two octaves, one higher and one lower.
Once again, this is a very soothing thing to hear!

WS

Ya... thats sort of what I am hearing,like they are dancing/swiming around me, so it gets closer and futher again, and when its close its like they dance/swim up to my 3rd eye for a "word" and swim back away and the sound echos off and then its right back at my 3rd eye. I can sometime rememebr there msgs.

After my most recent dream, my friends said i held on to one word..."OK" i kept saying "ok...ok..i get that......ok....alright" once my friends said i was doing this, i could remeber talking to them or letting them show me things. and there was that ----"lumb, dub, lumb, blum, blum, lub, lumb, dub, dub, blub, dub..." in a low tone that rises and falls a note or two, a bit with each "word", also slowing & speeding as the ptch changes.---- that you explained.

~Beacon~ You are living in a loving and playful universes that supports
you hearts greatest dreams. Opportunities for you to be kind and loving
show up for you constantly. You see beauty inside everyone and
everything. You see the light in the dark. You are blessed thru your
gratitude for life.

islandhome
#17 Posted : 10/17/2008 2:07:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

time 6min25-42 sec on the last song from 10 000 days by tool
the tone of the gutair thats builds up fast
is the best i could come up with
and usly raps me up bending and twisting me in to some green and yello sort of pulsing kladiscoping energy mase
that then opens up to where ever
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

lucious
#18 Posted : 10/17/2008 3:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i tried a little experiment with replicating what it might sound like a while back. test024.mp3

amor_fati
#19 Posted : 10/17/2008 6:42:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The descriptions of the noise seem pretty accurate, however, SWIM's noticed that running water can sound like a vocalization of one's thoughts in very alien-sounding voices. Or maybe those thoughts are translations of perceptually altered sound of the water?

Noetic
#20 Posted : 10/23/2008 2:41:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Transformers. So many of those sounds. I just watched it. Robotic voices i got alot and intermitten signal sounds, like packets of info being sent but no decoding key to understand it. Also like sounds are reversed. Pitch bends, octave overlays and latency. Changes in speed too. That dolby trademark sound is another one I heard too.

12NEXT