We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
dmt vs. acid Options

trashcan
#1 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Who has tried both, which one do you think is more intense?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:47:02 AM

LSDMT

trashcan
#3 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:50:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol

shishigami
#4 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:01:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intensity is dependent on dose, however the quick onset of DMT will probably make it seem more intense than a dose of LSD that produces comparable visuals. Also most people dose comparatively higher doses on DMT than LSD when they do dose. Lots of people get to breakthrough/near breakthrough states every time they smoke DMT, a dose of LSD that produces a visionary state of similar intensity would be massive and in many ways ridiculous because of its length. So in general DMT is considered more intense, however if you wanted to take LSD to the same intensity you could.

random321
#5 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:36:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

what about LSD compared to DMT in the form of ayahuasca?

I've heard some people claim that LSD is more intense and others that DMT/aya is more intense.

What are the differences between LSD and DMT?

Which is more therapeutic?

soulfood
#6 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:37:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

DMT is 1000x as enveloping for your consciousness. Bar no other substance I have tried for this purpose it is the most effective, but if your state of mind is right, DMT can be a very peaceful experience, even at the most intense of dosages.

I find LSD to be quite the emotional roller coaster, although I also find its quite easy to get myself in a stable headspace and relax, effective switching the mental effects off from time to time.

I guess it probably differs on what u define as intense...

maybe DMT.

trashcan
#7 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:40:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When i speak of intensity, i am talking about being thrown around like a rollercoaster or being in a jet putting 11G of force on your body or riding a skud missile through a black hole

soulfood
#8 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:44:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably DMT then, though I don't think I've gone as deep into LSD as humanly possible.

Chief
#9 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acids strong but i think eventually gets too much for the brain.DMT for me can go past the body and tap into the endless soul.

trashcan
#10 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:02:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, now were gettin some worthy comments

Psikotrope
#11 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As wonderful as LSD is, and I love it, at some point it loses its magic. If I were to dose on say some good liquid amber, supposing I could find it these days, I don't think l'd be to impressed. I know what to expect from it and even id I get happily blasted its not going to put me in the same place DMT is. Spice is novel, it always takes me to a place something like LSD can't even on 500 + mcgs. Aside from this I don't think you can really class the two substances together and compare them. Two totally different things imo.

But my vote would go to DMT if I had to choose based on intensity. But what would LSD be like compressed into the length of a DMT trip? Makes you wonder!
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

benzyme
#12 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:13:11 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Psikotrope wrote:
As wonderful as LSD is, and I love it, at some point it loses its magic. If I were to dose on say some good liquid amber, supposing I could find it these days, I don't think l'd be to impressed. I know what to expect from it and even id I get happily blasted its not going to put me in the same place DMT is. Spice is novel, it always takes me to a place something like LSD can't even on 500 + mcgs.

this

i've been saying this for years.
DMT is intense; lsd is like a lengthy afterthought
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

soulfood
#13 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See, although DMT is more full on in every mental/sensory way possible, I've never had a proper full on freakout. Sure I've had intense dysphoria and a feeling of holding onto dear life like never before, but I never felt that hope was lost.

With LSD I have truly lost the plot and gone crazy and died for what seemed like a thousand times over.

tetra
#14 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:06:35 PM

BaconBerry

I've recently done an acid/dmt test to see which is better: the answer for me is DMT all the way, but taken orally with lots of caapi. LSD is more recreational, something you can do and pop on some movies, or go see a show. But LSD can only take you so far. DMT resonates at a much higher frequency and I wouldn't dream of taking 150mg oral dose and then go to a concert.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Enoon
#15 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

you guys are all strange... (or maybe it's me) I find LSD so amazingly wonderful and deep and surprizing every time, so enveloping and opening and creative and vast so full of potential... I have yet to reach an end with it.

With dmt it just hits me fast and leaves me wishing I had had more time - yes even with the oral trips. It seems to tickle me, tease me even, but never gives me the immersion I get with acid.
If acid itself isn't enough... you can always mix with harmalas... though be careful with that...

anyway, those are my 2c
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ragabr
#16 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:48:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
you guys are all strange... (or maybe it's me) I find LSD so amazingly wonderful and deep and surprizing every time, so enveloping and opening and creative and vast so full of potential... I have yet to reach an end with it.

This.

SWIM does get something just as deep from DMT, but knows for sure she hasn't come near the end of what LSD can teach.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

benzyme
#17 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:51:46 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

not i

then again, i've had L much more often. it lost its luster after awhile, like a favorite movie you've seen so many times; you know what to expect.
I'm sure the same could be said about doing dmt too often, that's what james kent told me.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

polytrip
#18 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:55:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
DMT is more intense than LSD. But if you've never have done DMT but do have experience with LSD, i'd say you can have a reasonable impression of what to expect.

LSD and other lysergic's are unique compared to most other psychedelic's in that they have a 'ceiling' of intensity that they will never pass.

Most of the other well-known psychedelic's don't have this ceiling. Mushrooms, ayahuasca and mescaline all can get equally intense as DMT when taken in the right amounts.

clouds
#19 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:21:11 PM

Human

someone explain this Confused (he talks about having an experience where he felt he became the universe etc... on LSD?)

sounds pretty intense to me... because I have never felt like being a pulsar or something like that... on LSD.

from 3:00 to 4:40

Does this mean LSD can give you extremely intense cosmic experiences?
Or is he exaggerating the effects of his favourite psychedelic? I'm not sure.

If someone tells me he went to Sombrero Galaxy on DMT I would believe that... but on LSD? Mmmhh.

polytrip
#20 Posted : 2/3/2011 11:00:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
maybe in combination with sensory deprivation or deep meditation.

12NEXT