We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoked Some Vine Options

Global
#1 Posted : 2/2/2011 4:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

After reading around about smoking vine, I came to realize that it is largely discouraged. From what I read, it seemed that one of the big drawbacks was that it doesn't taste good. Not sure if this is the only reason why it's discouraged, but I decided to do some personal experimentation and smoke the vine by itself. I loaded up a bunch of shredded vine into the bong and cleared it all in two hits. Very instantly after exhaling, the room kinda started to warble back and forth. I was in a very weird headspace, but quite manageable nonetheless. The sensations were quite neutral, but very prominent. It was quite strange because when I closed my eyes I very distinctly saw DMT patterns - very cave-like. It was quite baffling as I had smoked no DMT.

So I guess the two main questions I would like to pose are

#1: Is that normal to see DMT-like patterns from simply smoking caapi?

#2: Is the only drawback to smoking vine the taste? If so, much of my changa made from blue lotus and calea seem to taste significantly worse.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ouro
#2 Posted : 2/2/2011 4:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never smoked vine, but very few things taste worse than calea.

ps: smoking almost anything has the drawback of messing up your lungs.

Global
#3 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Right, I understand that. I was really looking to know if there were any drawbacks regarding MAO inhibition
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#4 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:21:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

How big was your dose? I’m guessing it was somewhere around 100mg? If so, and if you had very strong vine (about 3% alkaloids), then that would mean you inhaled about 3mg of alkaloids. I don’t know if that’s a big dose or not, but it sounds small.

I get very good effects from 15-25mg sublingual alkaloids. The effects aren’t strong enough to produce visuals on their own, but they enhance a vaporized DMT experience and don’t involve any smoking at all.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.